Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1379

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Are we all agreed that Scott no longer being Captain-Commander is a good thing?
    He never really did anything in the role anyway. Seemed more like a fluff title

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Scott led raids against Orchis, the Vault mission was his idea, he saved the island from the Brood and the Summers re-activated the SWORD station.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

TBT to when Scott tried to murder Mr. Sinister in cold blood:

img.jpg

I'm not sure how I felt about the plot, but Further Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix had some truly beautiful art.
    Last edited by cyclops_was_right; 09-30-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scott led raids against Orchis, the Vault mission was his idea, he saved the island from the Brood and the Summers re-activated the SWORD station.
    But most of this thing he could have done without being CC. Truly, the only major thing he did as CC happened all the way back in HoX / PoX.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    But most of this thing he could have done without being CC. Truly, the only major thing he did as CC happened all the way back in HoX / PoX.
    So is your problem he did nothing as Captain Commander or that the title was pointless cuz he would've done those things regardless?
    "Cable was right!"

Other characters did comparable things as leaders. I dont see what Scott's role as CC really accomplished as it was barely even utilized. Scott didnt really seem all that special except we were told he was CC, but within the books he largely cameo'd here and there. The focused role as co-leader of the X-men will likely give him more of an actual purpose

Spectacular Member

So is your problem he did nothing as Captain Commander or that the title was pointless cuz he would've done those things regardless?
    I think that Havok83 summed it up pretty well. My main issue with it is that there was a potential with it as the CC would take over leadership from the CQ in times of war and we could have gotten Scott in a role where he works the best. But that never happened, so it's just wasted potential now.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Other characters did comparable things as leaders. I dont see what Scott's role as CC really accomplished as it was barely even utilized. Scott didnt really seem all that special except we were told he was CC, but within the books he largely cameo'd here and there. The focused role as co-leader of the X-men will likely give him more of an actual purpose
    Pretty much how I feel. The role didn't stand out and a lot of times, QC members made a majority of the decisions. The other captains had limited turnout as well.

My understanding of why Cyke said he can't be both Captain Commander and on the X-men wasn't about him being busy, but rather about a conflict of interest. The X-men might be the heroes of Krakoa, but they're heroes, so their first allegiance should be to protecting the world, not to Krakoa. Of course, based on that he should have walked away from being a Captain altogether, but then I guess the new Captains' book needs its Captain Cameo.
    Yeah, he should have stepped down much sooner. It feels odd to do it now. What changed?

Those are fair points to make, but none of the captains actually ever took charge in a time of war. That's where the role ended up feeling like fluff. They didn't feel that different from other leaders in the era.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-30-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

My understanding of why Cyke said he can't be both Captain Commander and on the X-men wasn't about him being busy, but rather about a conflict of interest. The X-men might be the heroes of Krakoa, but they're heroes, so their first allegiance should be to protecting the world, not to Krakoa. Of course, based on that he should have walked away from being a Captain altogether, but then I guess the new Captains' book needs its Captain Cameo.
    I dunno, it felt more like an unexpected/recent issue with schedule and overall availability. I mean, you pretty shut down the conflict of interests argument yourself. Not a huge deal, really. It's just yet another instance of Hickman & Cie going for the "Tell, Don't Show" approach to storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, he should have stepped down much sooner. It feels odd to do it now. What changed?
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/20/x-...athan-hickman/

AIPT: X-Fan Cami asked the question on every Scemma fan’s mind — how often has Cyclops been to the White Palace?

Jonathan: As often as possible, I’d guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm wondering this now... since I'm a huge Cyclops fan.

Would a Cyclops solo comic book, without Jean or Emma, work? I would love that.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, that is something. Good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post

I feel like it would need to be a personal journey. It could work, at least I think.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Well, that is something. Good answer.
    Awesome thing is, theories involving Jean putting her foot down or Scott simply just not wanting to act like Scott work equally well.

I feel like it would need to be a personal journey. It could work, at least I think.
    I don't really watch TV anymore. Are braindead sitcoms still a thing? If the answer is affirmative, then, yeah, a book with KrakoaClops would totally work regardless of the ladies' involvement in it.

Mighty Member

Would it work? If it had a writer that actually cares about Cyke, probably.

But I think the best time Cyke could have had a solo book was immediately post-AvX. Or during the ArrghClops era.

Krak/PodClops kinda doesn't really leave any room for adventures because dude's turned into a wallflower.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Would it work? If it had a writer that actually cares about Cyke, probably.

But I think the best time Cyke could have had a solo book was immediately post-AvX. Or during the ArrghClops era.

Krak/PodClops kinda doesn't really leave any room for adventures because dude's turned into a wallflower.
    Not only a writer who cares about him, but one who isn't undercut by events, or editorial yoinking the artist away without warning. The last series dealt with both.
    Dark does not mean deep.