Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1379
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So, is Scott Jean's rescue binky again or did he go underground to not give the Ressurection Protocols away?

Smart writing is on the second, smart money is sadly on the first.
    My optimism is fading for that book.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Ya'll are some depressing cyke fans lol. It's not the best for our boy, but it could be soooooooo worse, there are eras I hope never return. So lil jokey joke Scott is more than ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Ya'll are some depressing cyke fans lol. It's not the best for our boy, but it could be soooooooo worse, there are eras I hope never return. So lil jokey joke Scott is more than ok with me.
    No, it's not the worse thing ever, but it's not great. I'm not sure saying it could be worse means much, honestly. With Scott, things could always get worse. I'm just hoping we get something of decent quality for once. I see no problem with that, and if others like jokey Scott, nothing wrong there either.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    No, it's not the worse thing ever, but it's not great. I'm not sure saying it could be worse means much, honestly. With Scott, things could always get worse. I'm just hoping we get something of decent quality for once. I see no problem with that, and if others like jokey Scott, nothing wrong there either.
    I understand I don't love his status this era,but I do love this era in general so I can take him sorta playing this part for now. I'm sure (more like hope) he picks up more story in the coming months.

It is hard sometimes to be an individual fan of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    I understand I don't love his status this era,but I do love this era in general so I can take him sorta playing this part for now. I'm sure (more like hope) he picks up more story in the coming months.

It is hard sometimes to be an individual fan of this franchise.
    I understand.

As for this era, I think the execution could be improved, but otherwise I don't straight up hate it.

That being said, besides Scott, a few of my other favorites aren't doing too well either. Colossus is a bigger disappointment. So, there's little to enjoy, lol.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Tea leaves?

I think Scott and Jean decided to split the team at the end of the third issue, to tackle the space problem.
    If they do split the team into a 4-3, definitely Scott needs a power up.Whichever team he is part of , he is the weakest link. I mean HE had all the team on blast taking away their power if he so chose, but when being in a chokehold with a gorilla gets you tappin out..the boyscout needs an upgrade.Maybe that's what the writers are teasing by way of Captain.K

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I understand.

As for this era, I think the execution could be improved, but otherwise I don't straight up hate it.

That being said, besides Scott, a few of my other favorites aren't doing too well either. Colossus is a bigger disappointment. So, there's little to enjoy, lol.
    Oi colossus has had it bad for a while, my other favorites are doing ok I'd say(Magik has been decent and Jean has been pretty good) but yea gotta be rough for you especially after inferno 2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    If they do split the team into a 4-3, definitely Scott needs a power up.Whichever team he is part of , he is the weakest link. I mean HE had all the team on blast taking away their power if he so chose, but when being in a chokehold with a gorilla gets you tappin out..the boyscout needs an upgrade.Maybe that's what the writers are teasing by way of Captain.K
    He wouldn't be the weakest link if the writing had some imagination - Hawkeye and Thor can coexist on the same team, and there is less of a disparity between Scott and anyone on the X-Men than there is on the Avengers. In terms of non-powered fighting skill, Scott should only be beaten out by Laura out of his current teammates. But X comics have a long history of acting as if characters without powers for close on combat must be garbage at it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

Never give Scott a power-up. Giving him power up/ letting him control his powers is the same as giving Daredevil his eyesight and Dr Strange his hands. None of them will end in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by AROSWELL View Post
    Never give Scott a power-up. Giving him power up/ letting him control his powers is the same as giving Daredevil his eyesight and Dr Strange his hands. None of them will end in a good way.
    Outside of remembering that Scott's blast is supposed to be insanely powerful the best power up for Scott is to apply skills. I've always advocated for him being able to apply his spatial awareness towards being able to dodge at a supernaturally insane level. If he can fly a plane at supersonic speeds through openings measured in inches the guy should be able to dodge a punch.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Outside of remembering that Scott's blast is supposed to be insanely powerful the best power up for Scott is to apply skills. I've always advocated for him being able to apply his spatial awareness towards being able to dodge at a supernaturally insane level. If he can fly a plane at supersonic speeds through openings measured in inches the guy should be able to dodge a punch.
    I feel you, but the writers just make him basically a star wars laser gun.By power up I don't mean being superman like durability.Just making his visor swap the lens for different colour optical blasts that have different effect maybe igniting stuff, concussive blasts, cutting through stuff like high power lasers can.Maybe even go a bit over the top and make black beams of dark matter I don't know freeze stuff in space(not stopping time) by decelerating any moving object to millimetres per minute.Just make the guy more versatile.I've been wishing this for years now, but there's nothing novel or ingenious in the way he uses his powerset.

Amazing Member

I feel you, but the writers just make him basically a star wars laser gun. By power up, I don't mean being superman like durability. Just making his visor swap the lens for different color optical blasts that have different effects maybe igniting stuff, concussive blasts, cutting through stuff as high power lasers can. Maybe even go a bit over the top and make black beams of dark matter I don't know freeze stuff in space(not stopping time) by decelerating any moving object to millimeters per minute. Just make the guy more versatile. I've been wishing this for years now, but there's nothing novel or ingenious in the way he uses his powerset.
    I agree with both your and the other guy's statement. And to be frank, after seeing some of the greatest feats he accomplished using his beams alone, I somewhat think that his full potential might be equivalent to that of a Death Star Super Laser or greater. But the thing is, his powers being concussive is for the best. Also, instead of giving him a suit that can manipulate his powers and utilize them in various ways. The problem is, the time is too late as the Post AvX, Revolutionary Cyclops without the visor would be a perfect fit. His two main powers are solar and other ambient energy absorption and metabolization and the other being the ability to shoot concussive red energy beams from the Punch Dimension. As for his spatial awareness, analytical mind and absolute psychic defense are from years of training, fighting, and growing as a superhero. Thus, with the earlier two powers prioritized, the Post AvX arc where he lead a cult-like extreme movement is the perfect situation.
    During this part of his life, Scott's powers are more broken as are bending and changing directions on their own. To add more insult to the injury, he cannot control them and once he released all his powers at once, he will be drained physically and mentally by a great deal. Here, we confirm the two factors that contribute to his powers and they are his stamina and willpower/concentration. As his body processes and metabolizes solar energy, it was later converted into his stamina. But since this process is similar to Superman, he needs more solar and ambient energy to gain superhuman physiology with enhanced senses. As he honed everyone of his senses to their peak due to him having to be practically blind at certain times such as whenever he lost his glasses/visor, I believe he should be granted a suit that allows him to absorb more energy, possibly on the same level as his brothers who are capable of absorbing energy on an active level.
    On the other hand, there is another possibility. Since his blasts are based on the principles of concussive force, which is a variation of Kinetic Energy, what needs to be given is a suit that can direct and redirect energy to any part of the body. Now that the arcing blast is actually a force that is more than what was supposed to be released, I believe that by diverting the excess amount of energy and using them as a fuel source and as blasts from other parts of the body, Scott can simulate a Nova like performance. Coupling with a radar in his mask along with features that allow him to levitate, cloak, argument his physique and do other functions, his powers could be used efficiently. Furthermore, since the excessive power is being diverted, Scott's eye beams might be on the same level as before, but with the ability to change their trajectory, Scott's potential would be limitless. By the way, when I first saw his black and red suit and later his burgundy suit, I expected the second scenario to be true, as his status as an earthbound Nova-like character would make him more interesting.

Not trying to derail the thread and idk if it’s already been stated but I think this guy would be perfect for Cyclops in the MCU. He’s practically already playing him in Expance… BB7A68A2-B65A-42C8-8249-49725C7A3A92.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Not trying to derail the thread and idk if it’s already been stated but I think this guy would be perfect for Cyclops in the MCU. He’s practically already playing him in Expance… BB7A68A2-B65A-42C8-8249-49725C7A3A92.jpg
    Hell Yeah!

Holden is Cyclops, you're right on this. If/When they bring Cyclops to the MCU the way they use Holden on The Expanse is exactly the way I want them to use Cyclops.

Default Why Cyclops desperately needs a power up

I made this post some time ago on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRa...tent=post_body

Either a power boost or a new power or both.

He is one of the very few characters in Marvel and DC who's powers have remained basically the same since the beginning. Hell if anything, he has gotten nerfed.

Many Cyclops fans would say that he doesn't need any power up and is just as good as he is. As a huge Cyclops fan myself, I disagree.

I'd have been ok if not for literally almost everyone else in X-Men getting power-ups after power-ups. Just look at his original team. Iceman went from throwing snowballs and making some ice structures to an omega level mutant who's basically immortal. Angel went Archangel and got much more powerful wings and physique. Beast got countless transformations. Jean... where to even start with this? She only had telekinesis in the beginning, then she got telepathy, then they got stronger and stronger, then she got the Phoenix, even the time-displaced younger Jean(don't ask) got some kind of pink coloured powers that made her much more powerful.

You may think that its a bad argument that just because others are getting something Cyclops should get it too. Or that power creep is bad and its a good that Cyclops hasn't been the victim of that yet. And I would have agreed if not for ALMOST EVERYONE getting power-ups. At a certain point, a character needs to be more powerful even if there's the dreaded power creep on the horizon because as it is, the character is just weak(ahem Piccolo).

But this isn't the only reason Cyclops needs a power-up. The other reason is the nature of his powers. They're very restrictive and one-dimensional. That kind of superpower needs to be absurdly strong or its meaningless. I mean, seriously. Rogue probably has better destructive feats than Cyclops. Like, when was the last time Cyclops blasted something that was supposed to be really tough? Has he ever done that? Because he needs to.

What makes Flash stand out in the Justice League even though Superman is there? Because writers understood that seeing the Flash only has superspeed, he needed to be better at it than Superman.(then they added a lot of powers that are "because Speed Force!", but I digress)

And it's not just Flash. Green Arrow and Hawkeye are absurd inhuman levels of marksmen because that's the only thing they have. Captain America's shield is more durable than almost everything in the entire Marvel universe because apart from that he's just a "peak human". Batman's intellect and martial arts skills are superior to almost everyone in the whole DC universe because he doesn't have any powers.

Cyclops needs to get in that category. Or he needs some other powers to make him more versatile. Powers play a big part in making a superhero interesting. It's not everything, but it does play a bigger part than most people think imo.