Page 186 of 270 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Batgirls cover with Dick and Haley on it.
    This is unbelievably cute but my enjoyment is somewhat ruined by the game screen being projected behind them and also what seems to be a blow up of one of their cell phones. It makes no sense. The numbers on the cell phone screen are backwards so I assume it's supposed to be a reflection, but even the most high gloss paint wouldn't reflect an image with that clarity. Honestly, triggering me

Is that suppose to be bitewing? Super cute. Am I the only one who would love to see something like Titus, Ace and Bitewing comic?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is that suppose to be bitewing? Super cute. Am I the only one who would love to see something like Titus, Ace and Bitewing comic?
    Maybe it will come with the League of Super Pets movie lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ok, so with Barbara being obviously a supporting character in Batgirls... does that mean that we'll keep getting her in Nightwing? I hope not, but that would explain why Redondo designed a new costume for her.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The Robins together DC's yet to convince me they can do well without having them watered down to The Ninja Turtles archetypes.
    Dick and Damian work brilliantly without undermining each other but all of them together everyone suffers.
    Recent Robin issue is perfect example of that to me. Pages with Damian and Dick were amazing, but once we got Tim, Jason or Steph it suffered a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ok, so with Barbara being obviously a supporting character in Batgirls... does that mean that we'll keep getting her in Nightwing? I hope not, but that would explain why Redondo designed a new costume for her.

Recent Robin issue is perfect example of that to me. Pages with Damian and Dick were amazing, but once we got Tim, Jason or Steph it suffered a lot.
    Honestly with the prominence of the Batgirl squad in Nightwing for the Fear State crossover, recent Bruno art of Steph and Cass (he's not on the event), Nightwing's presence on the Batgirls cover, Barbara's presence in the title so far, and the general description of Shadow of the Bat... it sounds like Dick's role over the next year will be as a head of the Bat-family during Bruce's absence in Gotham: especially involved in a family-like unit with Barbara in charge of the Batgirls.

And that's just something I don't want to see. I know a lot of people have been looking forward to the Batgirls book for a long time, but to be honest I think it looks pretty horrid and infantilizing of the two younger characters. It seems almost like the Robins book as a caricatureized series without too much depth or seriousness like the Robins. And as someone who is not really a fan of those characters in general, I would prefer that it had no involvement with Dick's book. In-fact, I'd prefer Dick's book have little to no involvement with Gotham in general as a rule.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Now I'm thinking about possible Shadow of the Bat tie-ins for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

I just wish that DC would stop telling me who a character is and start showing me instead...in general. It's so annoying.
    Bruce Wayne is a good man? Okay, then stop writing him as an abusive ******* who never apologizes.
    Dick is the heart of DC? Okay, then let him interact with the rest of the DC universe again.
    Tim is the smartest? How about writing him as an actual smart person instead of just telling us that he is or writing everyone around him as a dumbass?
    Just to name a few examples.
    Those claims feel so lazy and empty when they just get thrown around with little (recent) material to back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Honestly with the prominence of the Batgirl squad in Nightwing for the Fear State crossover, recent Bruno art of Steph and Cass (he's not on the event), Nightwing's presence on the Batgirls cover, Barbara's presence in the title so far, and the general description of Shadow of the Bat... it sounds like Dick's role over the next year will be as a head of the Bat-family during Bruce's absence in Gotham: especially involved in a family-like unit with Barbara in charge of the Batgirls.

And that's just something I don't want to see. I know a lot of people have been looking forward to the Batgirls book for a long time, but to be honest I think it looks pretty horrid and infantilizing of the two younger characters. It seems almost like the Robins book as a caricatureized series without too much depth or seriousness like the Robins. And as someone who is not really a fan of those characters in general, I would prefer that it had no involvement with Dick's book. In-fact, I'd prefer Dick's book have little to no involvement with Gotham in general as a rule.
    I expect Taylor to write them very quippy in Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing #87 plays out as one continuous, spectacular image.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/22677...redondo-covers

Crazy stuff!

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Redondo should do an artbook...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Crazy stuff!

Wow that is awesome.

Regardless of how you feel about the current run, you have to appreciate the ambition from both Taylor and Redondo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Crazy stuff!

This is why this run is special. Its one thing just to have Redondo on art, but it’s something else to recognize the level he’s performing and then incorporate it like this. Writers don’t always know when to step back and let their artist tell the story.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-16-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nightwing is the only book that I have bought 2nd and 3rd printings of issues because Redondo's covers just get better and better.

At least they are aware that Redondo is the driving force behind the book over Taylor's story and are letting Redondo flex his muscles.