Page 75 of 270 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    That's why Grayson was so impressive. Didn't need exposition to tell the inner live of the characters. So, you think at this point, we need introduction to Dick and Barbara's motivations and values?...or Bludhaven for that matther? we know them, we have know them for years, they are not changing in this book. Small personal moments are small because they are not revealing anything new about the characters.

They made a big deal of Nightwing having his own symbol in the cover, but Nightwing has been more about Bruce and like Batman than in all previous runs. I agree though, it's so very slow. A slower, lamer Batman.
    This is coming off the heels of Ric. Dick’s motivations and values absolutely needs a reintroduction, Bludhaven even more so. Asking questions that they haven’t really explored with Bludhaven since it’s return. They are trying to get readers to reinvest in the character and his world again. Small personal moments give readers something to sympathize with and emotionally attach to.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-21-2021 at 02:56 AM.

....People said the same about Ric, and it moved faster.
    No one said that about Ric, ever. In fact, we had less and less people around as the Ric arc went along.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Because their may be some new people on this journey with us
    ^^This^^

As someone who knows what it's like to jump into an ongoing series after it gets a new writer, what Taylor did is definitely an appreciated touch.

....People said the same about Ric, and it moved faster.
    No it didn’t, Ric didn’t move at all. It just repeated itself over and over. Going nowhere, as they couldn’t actually find creators to figure out where to even move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    No one said that about Ric, ever. In fact, we had less and less people around as the Ric arc went along.
    That's true to most comics, but if you don't like the Ric example, there are plenty new independent comics that known they can't waste time and patience this way because they don't have the loyalty that come with knowng the character for years.

No it didn’t, Ric didn’t move at all. It just repeated itself over and over. Going nowhere, as they couldn’t actually find creators to figure out where to even move it.
    Yet at this point they had already introduced the 4 Nightwings, it was a bad book, it was slow and directionless, and still more fast paced that this one.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 04-20-2021 at 04:23 PM.

That's true to most comics, but if you don't like the Ric example, there are plenty new independent comics that known they can't waste time and patience this way because they don't have the loyalty that come with knowng the character for years.
    The sales with Ric hit a all time low, so i don't think it was common with Nightwing.

About the second part, i don't know what you want me to say. That's your opinion, i don't feel like my time and patience are getting wasted. And people are liking the book around the internet.

I do feel like the develop of the plot is slow tho, but i'm enjoying the other parts of the book so it doesn't bothers me.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yet at this point they had already introduced the 4 Nightwings, it was a bad book, it was slow and directionless, and still more fast paced that this one.
    4 Nightwings that ultimately went nowhere and served no actual purpose, as no one knew where anything was going. Half of each issue was recap with Ric. It’s was one of the most padded runs ever, that abused every decompression technique in the book. As the sole objective of its creators was to buy time for DC.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-20-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Art was great like last issue. Maybe some of the best art and coloring ever in a Nightwing book. I don't really have anything bad to say about it. I loved the use of blues, reds, and oranges in all of the pages, and the line work and detail was really well done too. Every character feels very distinct and the artist does a good job of giving Dick and Babs a lot of nice expressions. Just really well done. The art is doing most of the lifting so far in the run I think.

The story is still kind of underwhelming. I didn't think it was anything special and Dick needing a whole issue to realize that he can use his money to help the people of Bludhaven is kind of unneeded. I get what Taylor was trying to do, but I don't think it worked. Even if Dick doesn't like to use Bruce's money it isn't like he hasn't been around it and even controlled it when he was Batman himself. It's all part of Tynion's bigger Batman story I guess about how the rich and billionaires are evil so he took away Bruce's money, and now Dick is a billionaire who is going to "show the right way" to help, but these stories never really work in comics. Since a Batman or a Nightwing can't "fix" a city like Gotham or Bludhaven because then they lose their story content. They need the cities to be filled with villains and corrupt to write superhero stories. No one is going to care about a city that has no crime or villains in it, so trying to "fix" the city will always kind of run into a dead end.

Also the bigger issue with the story is that Dick is the only character in the city that readers actually cares about, and I get that Taylor has spent the last two issues trying to pull at your heartstrings by introducing this poor crippled puppy, and now a bunch of homeless children and teens that have to steal to get by, to get you to care about the city but all this does is remind me how I don't have any attachment to anyone in Bludhaven. A Gotham has many established characters readers care about and want to see, but in Bludhaven it is just Nightwing. It's a bit similar to what a Higgins did in his Nightwing run with Haly's Circus. He tried to give us a reason to care about Haly's and a reason why Dick would want to save it, even saying it was his responsibility, but at the end of the day it didn't work because there was no one there any reader actually cared about, which is why it was so easily forgotten. Bludhaven is just a larger version of this and has run into the same problems and will run into them again in Taylor's run I believe. It is why he had to drag a Babs from Gotham to Bludhaven to use in order to give the reader someone else to care about, but she isn't going to be in Bludhaven forever.

And it looks like the new Zucco daughter isn't Sonia given Dick didn't recognize her, which is unfortunate. So we get another Zucco kid that feels a bit redundant. I don't really have any opinions on the Heartless villain. Just a very standard introduction and not really anything beyond that. Also it was weird that the kids didn't recognize Nightwing. I mean he is the only hero in the city, so everyone there should be aware of him. Also I get it was done for comedy, but we have two instances now one bring when Dick gets judo flipped by Babs when trying to carefully enter his own apartment, and the other when he gets his wallet stolen by kids. Dick's situational awareness is pretty poor under Taylor it feels like.

Beautiful art but I have to echo others about the story being lacking. Nothing really happened. The decompression is really dragging things out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I prefer crafted character moments more than generic action. It's really nice to see heroes out of their costume, I miss that these days
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I prefer crafted character moments more than generic action. It's really nice to see heroes out of their costume, I miss that these days
    Same. The superhero stuff gets my attention but the lighter character moments like these are often what makes me stay. Besides, we're only two issues in. If this slow burn continued for another two or so months, then I could see the problem. But for now, I think the pace is fine.

That's why Grayson was so impressive. Didn't need exposition to tell the inner live of the characters. So, you think at this point, we need introduction to Dick and Barbara's motivations and values?...or Bludhaven for that matther? we know them, we have know them for years, they are not changing in this book.
    I think so. To me Bludhaven never really worked and not everything from Taylor is landing, but at least he is trying to create a situation in which it actually makes sense for Dick to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Since a Batman or a Nightwing can't "fix" a city like Gotham or Bludhaven because then they lose their story content. They need the cities to be filled with villains and corrupt to write superhero stories. No one is going to care about a city that has no crime or villains in it, so trying to "fix" the city will always kind of run into a dead end.
    I'm not sure that I agree on Bludhaven's part. Nightwing is only hero there, it doesn't have to house 50 other heroes and DC isn't going to publish 5 Nightwing ongoins/minis/one-shots every month either. So yeah, I think that it is possible for Nightwing to make small incremental changes to the city that last. If anything, it would make the city stand out a bit instead of just being "Like Gotham, but lame".

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Nightwing could like actually permanently fix Blüdhaven. And then he could move out and leave it alone
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dick and Babs in a Shojo Romance .