Page 203 of 270 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4044
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Love the "new" suit. Been waiting for the return of the finger stripes and the removal of the calf stripes for a long time.

I even like the eagle head throwing off the symmetry. It's intentionally asymmetrical, made to draw the eye to the emblem. Works for me; that's the kind of design sensibility that gets your logo on lunch boxes.

Not as big on the variant cover. It's beautiful and perfectly rendered by Campbell, who remains one of the industry's best talents, but I hate Dick and Babs being together so much. Like, I hate them as a couple as much as Dean Cain hates Jon Kent being bisexual.

Still, I have no real complaints here. Taylor and the art team continue to churn out a wonderful Dixon redux, and while it's not the Nightwing story I would write, and it's not a status quo I want, it's still the best this book has been in many years and I'm still (mostly) satisfied. More now with the "new" costume.
    Agreed, I like that they kept the bird head and I really missed the finger stripes. Less like a re-design and more a "lets combine all the best elements of Nightwing costumes. No more arm belts and leg stripes is a big plus for me. I am also a big fan of the blue on the soles of his shoes, palms and of course Dominoes mask (I believe this was added during rebirth).

Happy to know we may actually see Babs and Dick in a relationship instead of beating around the bush. I feel like a lot of what people found boring about the relationship is the constant will they/won`t they. We have never actually seen them together so it feel new to me.

Love the new suit. The best costumes are simple. This keeps the iconic elements and brings back in new ones. I don't want trash costumes that are different to generate buzz like the Murphy Batgirl suit and the Woods Red Hood suit.

Small incremental changes that bring a suit closer to a signature look are even better. I wish more creative teams would be willing to eschew buzz to just make good suits as opposed to radical (and obviously non-permanent) changes.

Getting rid of the weird buckles and random boot swishes make the whole thing sleeker.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

So, still completely stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    And dick/babs! The most generic and boring pairing Dick could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, he moved the blue lines from his legs to his arms to just reuse the Dixon era costume again, lol.

The finger stripes are one thing, but there is so much solid black from the mid chest down all the way to the feet. It just looks so top heavy to me with all the color being from the mid chest up and in the arms with him looking so naked below that. I dunno. We've talked about this for years now but I'd love for them to really experiment with something fresh for his costume. I don't get why they don't. They do it with so many other Batman family characters and if the new costume sucks they can just go back to the other one. Not like they are married to one design. Tim got that awful new costume in Young Justice when he was going by Drake and they scrapped it in just a handful of issues.
    Glad to see I’m not alone. I wish they would add more blue to the bottom half of his suit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    And dick/babs! The most generic and boring pairing Dick could have.
    I mean most fans seem to want them but the issue is we know they will just break them up despite pushing for them too. I really liked Shawn. I think most of the reason why they even push DickBabs to keep him locked in. I like DickBabs but I like DickShawn more. The idea of a reverse Catwoman has a like of new storylines.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-14-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Agreed, I like that they kept the bird head and I really missed the finger stripes. Less like a re-design and more a "lets combine all the best elements of Nightwing costumes. No more arm belts and leg stripes is a big plus for me. I am also a big fan of the blue on the soles of his shoes, palms and of course Dominoes mask (I believe this was added during rebirth).

Happy to know we may actually see Babs and Dick in a relationship instead of beating around the bush. I feel like a lot of what people found boring about the relationship is the constant will they/won`t they. We have never actually seen them together so it feel new to me.
    Yes I’m glad they do shave a chance to BE TOGETHER
    Taylor has given me a lot of hope, we just need no bat event for 9 months to get a good story out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yes I’m glad they do shave a chance to BE TOGETHER
    Taylor has given me a lot of hope, we just need no bat event for 9 months to get a good story out of him.
    This is why I kind of wish that Nightwing could just have two separate titles. One Nightwing for the regular and the Fear State. I just wish that Nightwing and the Titans can get their own big events or just that his storyline doesn't need to be stopped.

Since Tom said he will be on there for a while this means they won't be broke up anything soon

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post

I will definitely take a cemented relationship over more of the failed triangle. But my problem with DickBabs isn't the will they/won't they thing, I genuinely do not like them together. I think they bring out the worst in each other.

I'm digging on the blue palms and soles too. Nice detail and I like the texture it implies. Still prefer the black mask, but not bothered by the blue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I will definitely take a cemented relationship over more of the failed triangle. But my problem with DickBabs isn't the will they/won't they thing, I genuinely do not like them together. I think they bring out the worst in each other.

I'm digging on the blue palms and soles too. Nice detail and I like the texture it implies. Still prefer the black mask, but not bothered by the blue.
    Kind of agreed because Babs keeps thinking he will cheat and is fickle of what she wants from him. Becomes jealous and at times when she has broke up with him is angry when he moves on. I mean DickKori's relationship has it's own issues but nothing toxics just writers putting Kori down to make Babs look better. Dc wants to put them together but also breaks them up. In many ways if Dc wanted them to end up together they can easily stop the writers from breaking them up. I hate how Babs has been consistent when they go bad. She is not confident in her relationship and then get very jealous. Now Babs can be hesitating and is judgemental but there becomes a time when it doesn't add up. She knows Dick or can find out. So she doesn't need to be judging him or fickle with hi. But with Tom, I doubt it will happen anything soon

On other note. I hope Haley stays. I want them to keep Haley and not kill her
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-14-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is why I kind of wish that Nightwing could just have two separate titles. One Nightwing for the regular and the Fear State. I just wish that Nightwing and the Titans can get their own big events or just that his storyline doesn't need to be stopped.

Since Tom said he will be on there for a while this means they won't be broke up anything soon
    I just wish he was bi weekly again, the titans are never alllowed to deal with big threat anyway, you have to be in the JL or JL adjacent…..

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I just wish he was bi weekly again, the titans are never alllowed to deal with big threat anyway, you have to be in the JL or JL adjacent…..
    That sucks. I wish they could. Yea right now he would have to get outside of the Titans. Another Comic Title. Unlikely.At least we have elsewhere books to look forwarded to. Gabriel Picolo has shared some artwork not sure if it's from the next Graphic but we have Babs calling him. And this is interesting has Starfire and Babs aren't generally in the same place if they are doing a TT graphic novel

spoilers:
    ai106lnd6ct71.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-14-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Glad to see I’m not alone. I wish they would add more blue to the bottom half of his suit.
    Yeah, he moved the blue lines from his legs to his arms to just reuse the Dixon era costume again, lol.

The finger stripes are one thing, but there is so much solid black from the mid chest down all the way to the feet. It just looks so top heavy to me with all the color being from the mid chest up and in the arms with him looking so naked below that. I dunno. We've talked about this for years now but I'd love for them to really experiment with something fresh for his costume. I don't get why they don't. They do it with so many other Batman family characters and if the new costume sucks they can just go back to the other one. Not like they are married to one design. Tim got that awful new costume in Young Justice when he was going by Drake and they scrapped it in just a handful of issues.
    Thought it was just me lol, it's going to look like the artists just gave up halfway through drawing him on every page now. That, or he'll just look like he's nude and being censored by shadows.

All I want is some gold on the suit again, but oh well. It's the safest possible design and capturing some really important iconography so it's fine for what it is. It's not bad, if anything it's pretty decent, but just also pretty boring.

I think the suit really could've used a sleek belt, like the kind Dick wore as Batman, but we're not allowed to reference that in anyway that isn't short-term pandering so I'm expecting too much there too.

Astonishing Member

Never cared for the finger stripes, but this fits right in line with the Dixon era nostalgia the run is going for. It is copying so much from that run. I would have preferred something more unique and change up the entire look over just reverting to something that feels dated and translates really poorly to live action. Feels like a wasted opportunity to me not to try something new. I still think that one suit they had him in for the dumb Titans future state thing with the gold was better. Seeing some other colors added felt fresh to me. It also got rid of the bird head on the front too which I don't care for, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not sure I’d call that a redesign, but hey every new costume has been so minuscule in difference to the finger stripe suit I never really saw the point of them. Never understood sticking with the same general look but just cutting out more and more of the signature bits. If they aren’t really going to do a new look, then just stick with the popular look proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay look

I always like the sleekness and simplicity of Nightwing costume... but this one has such symmetry that the bird beak immediately stands out.

It shouldn't have the bird beak as the sole exception of the symmetry. This is gonna bug me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Thought it was just me lol, it's going to look like the artists just gave up halfway through drawing him on every page now. That, or he'll just look like he's nude and being censored by shadows.

All I want is some gold on the suit again, but oh well. It's the safest possible design and capturing some really important iconography so it's fine for what it is. It's not bad, if anything it's pretty decent, but just also pretty boring.

I think the suit really could've used a sleek belt, like the kind Dick wore as Batman, but we're not allowed to reference that in anyway that isn't short-term pandering so I'm expecting too much there too.
    I am glad to see I am not alone in my unimpressed opinion of Nightwing's 'new' look.

I thought the calf stripes were an improvement...added a splash of color down there.

I do like the blue palms & soles.

Extraordinary Member

As long as the Bat offices remain in control of Nightwing - whether they're written well together or not - Dick and Babs will always be a thing. Previous to the current run I always considered that a detriment. Taylor somehow managed the impossible and convinced me that they are somehow a compelling couple. Babs seems to be over her past issues same as Dick. They're actually supportive of one another, patient, and *gasp!* even fun.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.