Page 166 of 270 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4044

So, i was listening to this podcast with Bruno Redondo and the host ask what was his favorite nightwing costume.

He said that his favorite one was the classic one from the Dixon era and he finds the Disco Wing suit funny, but can't make it work for today's style.

But what took me by surprise was that he said, very casualy, that we will have new costume is coming soon.

He is using what he loves from the previous ones into his new one, so he said doesn't want to hype up cause isn't really exacly a NEW one.

21:29 minute mark.
    Last edited by Drako; 08-20-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Perfect. I love subtle redesigns. Hate things that you know are going to age poorly like the Murphy Batgirl suit or the Mortal Kombat Red Hood suit. Dates all the stories that they are in. Keep it classic, but mix it up some.

Fully expecting it to be the costume from the character sketches earlier. Same logo, arm strips, boxing wraps, nix the boot swishes.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Perfect. I love subtle redesigns. Hate things that you know are going to age poorly like the Murphy Batgirl suit or the Mortal Kombat Red Hood suit. Dates all the stories that they are in. Keep it classic, but mix it up some.

Fully expecting it to be the costume from the character sketches earlier. Same logo, arm strips, boxing wraps, nix the boot swishes.
    Hoping that's the case. I really like the boxing wraps and miss the arm stripes.

Bruno said he really likes the fingers stripes, so i'm sure that's coming back. I don't mind the blue stripes around the legs, i think it helps to make his costume not only black from the waist down.

but this things gotta go:

I hated every since i saw Javi's design and still hate to this day.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The all black below the symbol isn't proportionate in a superheroic way. But that makes it somewhat sleeker and unique. Dick should be a little bit sleeker than the average alpha-type superhero.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

I hope it’s not until the end of the next arc

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post

I don't know if the Murphy Batgirl suit will age poorly...well, okay, people made fun of the domino mask a lot...and the backpack...never mind .

Finger stripes and a utility of some sort (like in Young Justice and the DCAU movies) is all I ask for

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Back to the Dick Kori Babs timeline a bit, I forgot that Suicide Squad who crossovers with Teen Titans Academy started during A-Day, which was a month or two before the current Batman series, which will lead to Fear State event that Nightwing is also involved.

So Teen Titans Academy is supposed to be set a month or two earlier than Nightwing and Batman. The details are of course just all over the place because Academy, Batman and Detective all referencing Dick in Bludhaven like in real publication time .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Back to the Dick Kori Babs timeline a bit, I forgot that Suicide Squad who crossovers with Teen Titans Academy started during A-Day, which was a month or two before the current Batman series, which will lead to Fear State event that Nightwing is also involved.

So Teen Titans Academy is supposed to be set a month or two earlier than Nightwing and Batman. The details are of course just all over the place because Academy, Batman and Detective all referencing Dick in Bludhaven like in real publication time .
    I feel like Nightwing could be removed from academy soon. If Roy returns definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I feel like Nightwing could be removed from academy soon. If Roy returns definitely
    Cause that’s equivalent?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause that’s equivalent?
    I don't think it's equivalent in any way, though I naturally can't speak for Rac7d* and his comment.

That being said, it is common for the first issues of a new title to feature super-popular character, only for that popular character to go back to his main book after the first arc or two. So I don't think it's impossible.

It makes very little sense for Dick to not be in TTA when so much of the book revolves around him. It's actually something of an issue, that Dick just by virtue of being Dick and therefore relevant to so many of the younger students, that the other Titans have to somewhat compete for screen time.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

At the very least they need to wrap up the Red X plot before that

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why do you feel that way? I wouldn't mind though. Dick needs to be on a real team! Not just background teacher.