Page 163 of 270 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4044
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Sorry, that's not true.

The failed wedding happened in August 1993, one year after Mirage's rape, Dick and Babs started dating in 1998 or 1999, almost five years after the wedding and 6 after the rape.

It's true that DC stopped Dick and Kory wedding for bringing him back in Batman's franchise, but that didn't involve Babs.

Also, the whole Mirage thing was a pushing into the wedding, 'cause Dick wanted to prove Kory he loves her. That's what triggers me, and it was all Wolfman's fault.

The wedding got cancelled last minute: in Flash #81 (published on September 1993) Dick and Kory were a married couple, Waid didn't had time to change that in his story.

I never mentioned anything about Barbara in regards to DC stopping Dick and Kory wedding for bringing him back in Batman's franchise
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I never mentioned anything about Barbara in regards to DC stopping Dick and Kory wedding for bringing him back in Batman's franchise
    You said Kory reaction to Mirage's rape was planned to end their relationship. You called it "editorial driven" the whole part.
    I answered showing you how Dick and Kory were still going to get married one year after the rape.
    So no, their relationship was not meant to fail when Wolfman wrote her slut shaming Dick.
    I added about Babs just to clarify things, 'cause you were talking about bad retcons and I didn't know what you meant.
    Last edited by L.H.; 08-19-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Incredible Member

Between Seeley to Taylor I was not reading Nightwing regularly. After rereading Seeleys last arc, I`m curious, have Dick and Helena had any interactions. Kind of a super anti-climatic way to end a relationship that had been built up since Grayson. She had a much better dynamic with Dick than Shawn did.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Between Seeley to Taylor I was not reading Nightwing regularly. After rereading Seeleys last arc, I`m curious, have Dick and Helena had any interactions. Kind of a super anti-climatic way to end a relationship that had been built up since Grayson. She had a much better dynamic with Dick than Shawn did.
    I don't think so. After Seeley's run we had Sam Humphries and then Ben Percy, none of them had Huntress in the book. Then he became Ric.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Lame. Really loved their dynamic. Seeleys ending was kind of a slap in the face to fans of the pair in Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Lame. Really loved their dynamic. Seeleys ending was kind of a slap in the face to fans of the pair in Grayson.
    Seeley kinda ended his run putting most thing he setted up to the ground. He killed Raptor (Which for some reason now is alive and part of the Robin book), he ended Dicks relationship with Shawn, he started and ended pretty quickly his relationship with Helena. Oh, and he killed Minos.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Seeley kinda ended his run putting most thing he setted up to the ground. He killed Raptor (Which for some reason now is alive and part of the Robin book), he ended Dicks relationship with Shawn, he started and ended pretty quickly his relationship with Helena. Oh, and he killed Minos.
    Yeah, I like Seeley - his run is fine when it's what he wants it to be, "Grayson" is amazing - but by the end it felt like he just wasn't having a good time on the book.

I know Seeley wrote Helena again in Hellblazer, but it term of her and Dick reactions - Nightwing was in a few issues of Birds Of Prey with her, wasn't he? Was that before or after?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yeah, I like Seeley - his run is fine when it's what he wants it to be, "Grayson" is amazing - but by the end it felt like he just wasn't having a good time on the book.

I know Seeley wrote Helena again in Hellblazer, but it term of her and Dick reactions - Nightwing was in a few issues of Birds Of Prey with her, wasn't he? Was that before or after?
    I believe that was before. I remember reading specifically to see how their dynamic was handled.

Grayson was spectacular. However, I do think his Nightwing run was a notable step down. The first and third arcs were a highlight and the entire run had good concepts/characters. But man was it on the noise with some cheesy dialogue.

I can already see these tendencies popping up in Robins.....

He was there before, pretty early in that book.
    By Issue #8 of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, he was still with Shawn.

I'm curious. What if we were to take a break from DickKori or Dickbabs for a bit. Anyone up for Hunters or at least Shawn being with Nightwing for a while? I just feel like maybe Dick being with a different woman or single for a while would be good after this reboot or when they break them up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. What if we were to take a break from DickKori or Dickbabs for a bit. Anyone up for Hunters or at least Shawn being with Nightwing for a while? I just feel like maybe Dick being with a different woman or single for a while would be good after this reboot or when they break them up.
    I don’t mind Barbara and actually really enjoy her in this book. But overall, I’d love Helena and prefer her. Shawn was a little boring to me but not bad. Just not as interesting as any of his other romantic interests.

Spectacular Member

Loved the issue - it truly had everything. The art may be my favorite in all of comics right now, both the action and the character moments are a pleasure to read.

Love the interactions with the Batfamily, and adore the continued presence of Barbara and Tim on the book. I actually got emotional during Bruce's phonecall.

This is a feel-good book that encapsulates the idea of Dick Grayson well - it's so good that I actually don't really mind the silly long-lost relative plot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Dick's plan sounds like something that 15 years old leftist would write on twitter. I know that this is not serious literature, but I think that if you are trying to address "real problems" then you should put some effort into it.
    Yeah, Dick's plan needs to be fleshed out much, much more (which hopefully happens in future issues). I'm at least encouraged that he specifically used the words "self-sustaining" in his speech and hopefully Taylor won't just leave it at that; he needs to explain how Dick's charity will continue to bring in money beyond Dick's initial donation of a billion dollars, which simply isn't enough to end Bludhaven's poverty and fund all the things Dick talked about.

Let me add that I don't need Dick's plan to be realistic to the real world. I'd be perfectly satisfied with semi-realism / comic book logic as long as an attempt at an explanation is given. So, for example, if Dick starts hitting Blockbuster's drug houses and instead of tying up the bad guys and leaving them and the money for the police to take care of, Dick steals the drug money and feeds it into his foundation, okay, that's at least an explanation. (Dick's speech hinted at being skeptical of police enforcement.)

And Dick's involvement with Bludhaven in this way, and the awkward mostly unspoken way that it's a criticism of what Bruce did with his money,
    The Wayne Foundation? Which, as others have explained, was once called the Alfred Foundation. The devil will be in the details (that hopefully Taylor fleshes out) because so far, Dick hasn't done anything Bruce hasn't done before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    The Wayne Foundation? Which, as others have explained, was once called the Alfred Foundation. The devil will be in the details (that hopefully Taylor fleshes out) because so far, Dick hasn't done anything Bruce hasn't done before.
    And Bruce actually worked at the foundation as his day job during the Bronze age.

It doesn't really sound like Dick will do that...

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Dick hasn't been together with Babs in like 15 years. They have been in a lot of stories together but they haven't been in any kind of actual romance or relationship since their engagement was called off pre-New 52. They have been stuck in the will they/won't they holding pattern ever since that we always bring up. Even in Taylor's current Nightwing run Dick and Babs weren't together as Dick was sleeping on the couch while Babs was staying at his apartment. So Dick has been together with Helena and Shawn in more official relationships a lot more recent than Babs.
    Last edited by Badou; 08-19-2021 at 04:22 AM.