Page 134 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4044

This crossover can't be over soon enough. (And has-been Tim's involvement in this book too)So many exciting solicits grabbing my interest and Fear State is none of it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Inclusion of Oracle and Tim in earlier issues makes sense now - during Fear State this is going to basically be a team book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

NIGHTWING #85
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Pencils and inks by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    Variant by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/19/21
    Babs takes the Anti-Oracle attack on her Oracle Network personally, and she suits up as Batgirl, accompanying Nightwing and Tim Drake to track down who is responsible. But with fear consuming the streets of Gotham, Batgirl and Nightwing accidentally get hit with something that reveals their deepest fears…and it involves each other.
    I love this cover

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    This crossover can't be over soon enough. (And has-been Tim's involvement in this book too)So many exciting solicits grabbing my interest and Fear State is none of it.
    Still one more month of solicits to go until this ends.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So that's why his design is Arkham. He's part Tim.
    Yeah, it looks like the Arkham City Robin suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    This.

I have no interest in seeing Dick's narrative ripped off the rails to further another gods damn, motherf-ing Bat event. Especially since we're gonna be what, only one arc deep into the new run? I'm really, really tempted to drop the book for these issues.

But on rare occasion, a tie-in issue is still capable of building on the "real" story within a title, rather than being totally disrupted by it. I don't know if Taylor is the kind of writer who can do that though, or if editorial will even let him.

Also, I find it funny that some folks are talking about using the fake Nightwings (one of them, anyway) as a new sidekick. I proposed something like that back when Ric was still happening and everyone thought it was an awful idea and all things "Ric" related should be thrown into limbo, never to be seen again. Seems like a few months' distance was enough for some of us to start looking at how that terrible waste of two years could now be used to further and advance Dick's mythos.

For my money, I'd rather Bette be Dick's sidekick than one of the fakewings, but I love how fandom always takes stuff that didn't work and tries to find viable uses for it. We really don't like to throw anything away, do we?

And if the topic is building a group of junior partners in Bludhaven to help carry the burden, I'd rather see some forgotten Titans than more Bats. None of the usual suspects, but guys nobody ever uses, like, I dunno, Argent, Hawk/Dove, even Danny Chase perhaps.....
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-16-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Or Tiger, be cool to see more of Grayson in Nightwing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'd still prefer if all things Ric were left in the dust but bringing Blüdhaven citizens back sounds better to me than what there is right now. I'd also prefer Bea, but at this point, I'd take almost any non-Bat support character.

Can't say I have much love for Hawk/Dove thanks to the Titans Show, but I would like to see Argent again. And Danny Chase would be interesting too.

Seconding Tiger, of course. The Skull Girls would also be neat.

And talking Grayson, now that WildCats is back, Dick could interact with Grifter and Ladytron again. (Without being reduced to Bruce's sidekick.)

To be honest I would complain more readily about the tie-in being so Babs centric than because it's a crossover tie-in, personally.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Holly ****, this page is awesome:

Ooh, Donna’s in big sis mode. That’s a cool scene. I know some people aren’t big on the Bludhaven stuff, but I think even they can acknowledge there’s a level of awareness here we haven’t seen in a long time. Like others giving a **** if he’s alive or dead.

I dunno, I guess I am too cynical where them showing up feels so disingenuous. At least everyone outside Bruce. Since I don't really feel like Dick is very close with any of the Titans anymore. Feels like going through the motions. Like I don't think Dick and Donna have felt close since the New 52 started. Their last true interaction happened in that final Justice League issue where Dick was still Batman. Everything since then has felt so shallow.

What about if instead of Slim Drake we had Donna pop up for a few issues? That'd be nice. I agree he needs more intimate moments with the Titans.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

It's nice to see Dick's Superhero ties and friendships get acknowledged even if it seems a tad...excessive? Even Bruce showed up. Like...Dick can take care of himself. Or are we supposed to see Barbara as overprotective? I dunno.

Okay, so John didn't know he had an illegitimate daughter. I'm guessing she's got her mother upstairs or something. I still feel like we don't really need this character and I feel like she's going to get propped up at Dick's epxense.