I don't think anyone is asking for Dick to be untouchable or infallible, but the balance feels off at the moment. I know I am biased since I'm not enjoying the story, but it feels uneven.

I get that the whole harbor scene with the ships was supposed to counter balance it some and show how resourceful Dick is, but I don't think it really worked well enough. You have the smaller things, like Babs flipping him, getting his wallet stolen, and Dick forgetting Babs can track him because of their communication device, that on their own are fine and can be funny moments but after a while it adds up. It is like death by a thousand cuts kind of thing, but then when you combine it with a major thing like Dick failing to sneak into a building, gets pushed around by some henchwoman while Melinda knocked him out with a bat, gets captured and tied to a chair, and also unmasked in once sequence it comes across really badly. I get Taylor's excuse was the concussion thing and Dick's poor decision making, and Melinda already knew his identity anyway, but I feel like you could have changed that scene around to make Dick seem less foolish.

Taylor probably worked backwards and wanted Melinda to do the awful sister reveal face to face. So he needed Dick to have his masked removed and then worked from there to have him get knocked out and captured to unmask him. I'm obviously never going to like the sister plot, but I feel like the reveal set up could have been a lot better. Next issue I wonder if they will do the whole standard DNA test scene where Babs or someone shows the DNA results to prove they are siblings and then we get scenes of Dick acting dumb or something, lol. There is obviously going to be some twist still, but I wonder if it will be something like Melinda is Heartless or even John Grayson is Heartless since Taylor is bringing up his name.