Page 164 of 270 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Life of a superhero. Their romantic life is painfully complicated.
    Is there any reason why it has to be this complicated? Just pick one and stop doing "THIS TIME ITS SERIOUS BUSINESS" teases.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So a Dick Kori fan was questioning the relationship status on Twitter, but later, they have been convinced that Dick and Kori's sex was just a birthday gift during the time where Dick hasn't begun a relationship with Barbara because the writers said so but I haven't found where they said so.

So yeah. Apparently it was a birthday gift and they haven't committed further than that. I guess Kori wanted more or thinking it will open a possibility, since at that time Dick hasn't committed to anyone, but once the phone call happened, even with Dick trying convince her that it was nothing, and it was nothing at that time, she can guess what will happen and decided to closed it off.

Well, that's simpler, I'll just place it somewhere during the montage in #83. (I forgot that in #80 Dick spent the day trying to find Heartless)
    I'm sure that in progressive and liberal circles "sex with an ex as a birthday present" happens and is considered ok, but I can't wrap my head around it. To me it sounds even worse than Dick not being able to decide whom he wants to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick hasn't been together with Babs in like 15 years. They have been in a lot of stories together but they haven't been in any kind of actual romance or relationship since their engagement was called off pre-New 52. They have been stuck in the will they/won't they holding pattern ever since that we always bring up. Even in Taylor's current Nightwing run Dick and Babs weren't together as Dick was sleeping on the couch while Babs was staying at his apartment. So Dick has been together with Helena and Shawn in more official relationships a lot more recent than Babs.
    I think part of the issue here might be how time works in general. For us it looks like 15 years, but in their lives? It is probably like 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Yeah, Dick's plan needs to be fleshed out much, much more (which hopefully happens in future issues). I'm at least encouraged that he specifically used the words "self-sustaining" in his speech and hopefully Taylor won't just leave it at that; he needs to explain how Dick's charity will continue to bring in money beyond Dick's initial donation of a billion dollars, which simply isn't enough to end Bludhaven's poverty and fund all the things Dick talked about.

Let me add that I don't need Dick's plan to be realistic to the real world. I'd be perfectly satisfied with semi-realism / comic book logic as long as an attempt at an explanation is given. So, for example, if Dick starts hitting Blockbuster's drug houses and instead of tying up the bad guys and leaving them and the money for the police to take care of, Dick steals the drug money and feeds it into his foundation, okay, that's at least an explanation. (Dick's speech hinted at being skeptical of police enforcement.)
    Yeah, I don't need an actual detailed plan either, but I need something more beyond banal buzzwords.

Extraordinary Member

One of the problems is when different writers in a shared universe want to do their own thing. Eyes will be on Tim Sheridan as he will now have to waste the few panels Starfire may get in the next couple of issues to clear this up becuase they wanted a sick kory cover to up the sales of an issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, I don't need an actual detailed plan either, but I need something more beyond banal buzzwords.
    Yup, although I *could* go for some detail (what I'm excusing is semi-realism). I'd like to see a datapage every issue like how the X-books do it. A lot needs to be explained, and lot of additional funding has to be found. For example, my drug money idea from above could represent maybe 1-2% of what Dick needs to do all the things he mentioned. (And it wouldn't be self-sustaining either since you eventually run out of drug houses to bust).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Yup, although I *could* go for some detail (what I'm excusing is semi-realism). I'd like to see a datapage every issue like how the X-books do it. A lot needs to be explained, and lot of additional funding has to be found. For example, my drug money idea from above could represent maybe 1-2% of what Dick needs to do all the things he mentioned. (And it wouldn't be self-sustaining either since you eventually run out of drug houses to bust).
    You never run out of drug houses to bust in his hometown!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Seeley kinda ended his run putting most thing he setted up to the ground. He killed Raptor (Which for some reason now is alive and part of the Robin book), he ended Dicks relationship with Shawn, he started and ended pretty quickly his relationship with Helena. Oh, and he killed Minos.
    Raptor's resurrection can be explained by the ending of Death Metal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Has there been any word on Nightwing Parabola? Is this book still happening?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm sure that in progressive and liberal circles "sex with an ex as a birthday present" happens and is considered ok, but I can't wrap my head around it. To me it sounds even worse than Dick not being able to decide whom he wants to date.

I think part of the issue here might be how time works in general. For us it looks like 15 years, but in their lives? It is probably like 1 year.
    That reminds me. In Young Justice cartoon comic adaptation, it was Babs who gave Dick birthday sex. She didn't want to be in a relationship with him yet since he needs to be more mature for her, but just having fun for one night is fine.

In Kori's case, on Tamaran's culture, she's always open about love, expressing love with any type of action appropriate depending on the person but always with consent and it's always about love. She doesn't just have sex with anyone. Which is why the early New 52 version was derided by comic fans too, because she had sex with Roy without love having anything to do with it.

---

About 5 years, since Damian appeared for the first time after One Year Later.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-19-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Raptor's resurrection can be explained by the ending of Death Metal.
    I mean you can use that excuse, but seems very arbitrary if only Raptor resurrected. Not that i'm complaining that he is alive, i just wished he was in the Nightwing book and not in the Robin one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Has there been any word on Nightwing Parabola? Is this book still happening?
    Nothing new, hopefully is still happening.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

I mean you can use that excuse, but seems very arbitrary if only Raptor resurrected. Not that i'm complaining that he is alive, i just wished he was in the Nightwing book and not in the Robin one.

Nothing new, hopefully is still happening.
    Honestly would love to see Raptor in the current book. Feel like he would offer a pretty good perspective on the Alfred Pennyworth Foundation.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Just caught up. Went back to 78 to refresh my memory and read the entire arc since I have been behind. This is the best Nightwing book since early Dixon's run, and Redondo has become my favorite artist for Dick.

His art is so dynamic and fluid, and the colors pop as well. Everyone on this book is killing it. Absolutely worth every bit of hype.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall I think maybe we shouldn't even give her any of the Batboys but someone from Tamara that way it stays in her area. Dc had their change from having him with Starfire before they wanted the marriage to stop or Babs but they made her think he is cheating. Also Babs has slut shamed Bruce with Poison Ivy raped him. So Dc really wants Babs overall a judgy person. Overall Dc had a long time to make Babs cannon but they never really did. The same with Kori. They want both. Dc just wants both ships even if it makes Babs or Kori look bad

If anything Dc would be smart and have one couple simply be elsewhere stories . Dc could have allowed Perez and Wolfman to do their miniseries.They can't keep going on with the love triangle. it's been thirty years they had a long time to make Babs more of a stable relationship but all it ever is she fickle or judgy and breaks up with him

Overall with the Titan show. I wonder what will happen with the two they said the DickKori fans will be happy.They have big plans for them
    That's because everywhere outside of comics, Dick/Kory is the OTP and Barbara is considered(if they are/were dating) puppy love in comparison.

Only in the comics do they keep rehashing it over and over and over again. But in media outside of the comics, they remained consistent with Dick/Kory and stayed that way. Too bad the comics refuse to commit in such a way because "they need dat drama!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. What if we were to take a break from DickKori or Dickbabs for a bit. Anyone up for Hunters or at least Shawn being with Nightwing for a while? I just feel like maybe Dick being with a different woman or single for a while would be good after this reboot or when they break them up.
    They had their chance to do that with Shawn. But essentially did what they always did with Babs or Dick's relationships when it's a good thing or the beginnings of a good thing. They rush to end it, so they can throw some more drama into play.

I dare DC Comics to put Babs and Dick into actual long term committed relationships with people that aren't each other. But DC loves that drama and their "OTPs" its why they stop/start/reset/circle BatCat all the darn time.

If Babs was still with Luke and Dick was still with Shawn and it showed no hints at slowing down anytime soon, I'd have been impressed. But DC does what they always do, when faced with the ability to build upon a new relationship, they stop it early and then throw them back into the same circle of drama with one another in some way/shape/form. Constantly going back to a relationship that was frequently toxic, and sabotaging actual supportive relationships in order to do it, ain't the best message.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-19-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Honestly would love to see Raptor in the current book. Feel like he would offer a pretty good perspective on the Alfred Pennyworth Foundation.
    Absolutely. Part of why this direction for Dick works so well in my opinion is because it feels like a natural evolution of the questions that Raptor raised in regards to wealth and privilege at the beginning of Rebirth. It makes too much sense for him to appear again.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...74508843773952

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    Hey! Thanks for your enquiry. I plan to write #Nightwing for a very long time.
    Looks like he is not leaving the book anytime soon.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...74508843773952

Looks like he is not leaving the book anytime soon.
    That depends. If it doesn't sell, he won't have a choice tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    That depends. If it doesn't sell, he won't have a choice tbh.
    But it is selling well.