Page 217 of 270 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4044
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean the issue is he still needs his own editor. Because He is in Batfam so that's why. They aren't pushing others since Clark is gone and Wonder Woman is not having anything major in while.
    No character within a franchise gets there own editor. He is part of franchise. His book is not just welling well compared to DC books. It is selling well compared to Marvel characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    No character within a franchise gets there own editor. He is part of franchise. His book is not just welling well compared to DC books. It is selling well compared to Marvel characters as well.
    Wonder Woman is literally the top selling female character and she also doesnt have her own editorial???

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Wonder Woman is literally the top selling female character and she also doesnt have her own editorial???
    I do not believe so. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Ric did not reach those numbers for some time though. and prior to Ric the Nightwing title never reached those numbers. Regardless of how they maintained higher numbers for Rebirth Nightwing, they did. Because it is the more sustainable marketable role. To the best of my knowledge the extremely mediocre New 52 Nightwing also did not drop to Grayson numbers. Additionally, the comparison that is important is to the current run. In all honesty what makes that tracking site more reliable thank Comichron. I am not saying deflation does not exist just that Taylors run has leveled off at or at least near 50k.
    Ric hit those numbers by like the 5th issue of that run, and prior to Ric Nightwing was at 25k and ranking in the low 80’s. This more sustainable marketable role reached the same numbers, and then went even lower. With the current run it’s even harder to compare as the tracking data is no longer reliable. With either sites. The inconsistency between them showing further inconsistency with tracking data now.

I would love noting more for Nightwing to be pulling those kinds of numbers, but that would mean Nightwing is now defying almost all previous sales trends within the industry, to a ridiculous degree, and just no one is really reporting on that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-21-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ric hit those numbers by like the 5th issue of that run, and prior to Ric Nightwing was at 25k and ranking in the low 80’s. This more sustainable marketable role reached the same numbers, and then went even lower. With the current run it’s even harder to compare as the tracking data is no longer reliable. With either sites, with the inconsistency between them show further inconsistency with tracking data now.
    Yes but all sites agree about Nightwing place in the top 50 which put right around 50K. Literally all proof points to this. If we were taking bets, near 50k would be the favorite and mid 30k would almost be thowing away your money.

Also Ric was nearly 30k still by the 5th issue. This was with horrible writing. Prior to Ric he sold at around the same rate but had been double shipping for the entire voulme which lead to lower per issue sales across the entire line. During the Ric run Dick was not even operating as Nightwing and foregoing his connection to the Batfamily(the very connection I am arguing makes him marketable). Every run embracing the role of Nightwing and his connection to the Batfam has outsold Grayson. Again, you are just distorting facts to fit your perceived narrative.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 10-21-2021 at 05:30 PM.

What sites are you using?

Incredible Member

What sites are you using?
    Comicchron and icv2

Comicchron and icv2
    isn't this questionable since diamond broke off.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-21-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Yes they are they just now have to use approximations for the total numbers since DC now distributes through multiple suppliers. They still get it relatively close. This is why all sites that estimate these numbers have Nightwing at almost identical numbers market wise.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 10-21-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Yes but all sites agree about Nightwing place in the top 50 which put right around 50K. Literally all proof points to this. If we were taking bets, near 50k would be the favorite and mid 30k would almost be thowing away your money.

Also Ric was nearly 30k still by the 5th issue. This was with horrible writing. Prior to Ric he sold at around the same rate but had been double shipping for the entire voulme which lead to lower per issue sales across the entire line. During the Ric run Dick was not even operating as Nightwing and foregoing his connection to the Batfamily(the very connection I am arguing makes him marketable). Every run embracing the role of Nightwing and his connection to the Batfam has outsold Grayson. Again, you are just distorting facts to fit your perceived narrative.
    But they don't. icv2 has it around X-Force which would place it mid 30ks, while Comicchron has it in the 50s. Neither can now accurately report numbers as DC's distributor doesn't releases them. Go ahead and bet on 50k with no deflation, but understand the perceived sales trend you are betting on is beyond unusual and uncharacteristic. Not just for the character but within the entire industry.

Ric was at 26k by 55, 49 was at 25k, Nightwing was at Grayson like lows. As Nightwing and Ric. These aren't distorted facts, and they were in no rush to end the book despite these numbers. And when the double shipped ended it’s not like monthly orders then combined.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-22-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Hey is Nightwind still getting that Black Label I haven't heard anything about it. So is it dropped?

Hey is Nightwind still getting that Black Label I haven't heard anything about it. So is it dropped?
    Scott Snyder said the pitch was approved he just has to write it. Right now he’s focused on his creator owned books so who knows when/if he’ll get around to it?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I do wonder. You think due to the Bateditors that it's the reason due to Dick's low sales? And is there any way to have him leave the Bateditors?
    I don't think that leaving the Bateditorial would really due much for his sales.

I don't think that it is realistic to expect, that he could regularly sell Batman or Superman level numbers, ok at the moment he is above Superman, but Superman sales are unusually low at the moment and there isn't even a "Superman" book out at the moment. And Taylors Nightwing run seem super popular for some reason (I don't really get).

During the new 52 and (pre Ric) Rebirth, he was usually having sales around of what the rest of the other 4 of the "big 6" were selling, and that's pretty good for a character that is not Batman ore Superman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I do not believe so. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
    Wonder Woman was under Superman family editorial in New 52. I don't know about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think that leaving the Bateditorial would really due much for his sales.

I don't think that it is realistic to expect, that he could regularly sell Batman or Superman level numbers, ok at the moment he is above Superman, but Superman sales are unusually low at the moment and there isn't even a "Superman" book out at the moment. And Taylors Nightwing run seem super popular for some reason (I don't really get).

During the new 52 and (pre Ric) Rebirth, he was usually having sales around of what the rest of the other 4 of the "big 6" were selling, and that's pretty good for a character that is not Batman ore Superman.
    Not disagreeing but comic sales are always pretty consistent. The problem is that the sales hover around not being good enough in the long term despite for characters like Batman. This is why DC has the problem it has. The point for Nightwing is that despite the fact his sales are consistent enough to stay afloat, they arnt significant enough to make a dent in the grand scheme. Which in my opinion is why DC doesn’t care to push him because people don’t associate Nightwing as brand. Nightwing was being pushed hard by dc when NTT was a thing and then again with Grayson Becuase people outside comics were taking notice and for Grayson that is despite the sales. So it is true that Nightwing doesn’t need to be with the batfam to make progress because Higgins, Grayson and NTT showed us that he doesn’t. As godlike pointed out, it’s natural for sales to start off strong and then go down and stagnant. That is a common trend that shouldn’t be common and is why DC is feeling the burn.

Like I mentioned, Nightwing was on his way to becoming his own brand with the NTT editorial. He was the star of that entire team. Marv even created new robins because DC asked him to replace dick Grayson for Batman mythos. The plan was always for Dick to become his “own.” During this time period late 80s early 90s Nightwing as a character was as popular as he probably would ever be. He became an icon at DC. He started appearing more in pop culture. Starfire and Nightwing were at a time considered one of DC’s greatest couples. That failed when the editors left and Dick got returned to Bateditorial where they again didn’t know what to do with him since they now had both Tim and Jason Todd. And then DC started going down in sales again and we’ll yeah N52 happened.

And marvel did the same thing with spider man and x men. But unlike Marvel. DC never kept up the momentum with NTT and Nightwing. Instead, they let all that work fall tot he wayside in favor of retcons, crisis events and crossovers. I was even told that Wonder Woman also experienced a similar thing during the short lived Mod Era

So this is why people ask for Nightwing to be taken out of Bateditorial. Because whenever he issnt involved with batfam, that’s normally when he starts to get more of a push into the general public where all the money is. As he stands right now, it feels like he is being used as a prop for other batfam characters and again that’s because DC. has never known what to do with Dick Grayson. Robin was always meant to be a secondary character to Batman. He was never supposed to leave the nest. And it doesn’t help that lots of people still believe Batam should be solo. So when Nightwing came back to Bateditorial, they went back to the idea that no one should unseat Batman.