Page 58 of 270 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Titans Academy kinda reminded me of the Future State issue a bit. It might not have to polish of Taylor's Nightwing, but it's totally overflowing with ideas. I hope with a full-time series rather than just two issues its able to carry through on them better than Future State.

Verrrrry curious about the Dick and Starfire dynamic presented here given Barbara's prominence in Nightwing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Yeah Titans Academy definitely focused on Nightwing quite a bit, from his new Red X history, to the Batpack who he I guess took in from an orphanage, to his relationship with Starfire, and even his birthday. Not saying other characters got it bad, just saying plenty of interesting stuff for Nightwing fans.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    There's a lot of buzz on twitter about Nightwing appearing in the Harley Quinn cartoon
    Damian's Robin and they mentioned Jason dying, so Dick is probably Nightwing at this point. They've also referred to the Titans.

I just hope they use him better than the Batman and Harley Quinn movie did.

You can vote to name Dicks wee puppy but only if you're from the States.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...818138625?s=19

The options are Haley, Shadow, Blue & Hope. Should be Haley from the beginning.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian's Robin and they mentioned Jason dying, so Dick is probably Nightwing at this point. They've also referred to the Titans.

I did kind of like the scene in the Batmobile, with the fast food and discussing which heroes to call, I got a bit of a laugh from that. I'm just hoping they don't go the himbo route.

Haley would be my first choice but I'd be good with anything but Hope. That's really cheesy. I guess they gave you limited choices or she would end up being called Doggy McDogface but those options are really limited

I like what I'm hearing about TTA in regards to Dick. If it weren't for the already announced crossover, I'd probably pick it up monthly.

Nightwing in the Harley series could be cool. I hope he gets a good design at the least.

I'd call the options bland tbh. Haley isn't even Haly. People suggested Zitka and Mary and so on from the start. Those would have been better, imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    You can vote to name Dicks wee puppy but only if you're from the States.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...818138625?s=19
    Awww I like Haley but blue is a dog name for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I like that movie so I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The options are Haley, Shadow, Blue & Hope. Should be Haley from the beginning.
    Haley easily, though it should be Haly.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Scott Snyder voted Ric

Haley's the best choice
    She doesn't fit a Shadow
    Blue will make either Blue's Clues joke or Jurassic World. So that's the second best.
    Hope should be reserved for his baby daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Titans Academy kinda reminded me of the Future State issue a bit. It might not have to polish of Taylor's Nightwing, but it's totally overflowing with ideas. I hope with a full-time series rather than just two issues its able to carry through on them better than Future State.

Verrrrry curious about the Dick and Starfire dynamic presented here given Barbara's prominence in Nightwing.
    Oh it's gonna be the usual. Both of them appearing as his partner at the same time means nothing's gonna go anywhere for both of them.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-23-2021 at 12:35 PM.

See, TTA is way more my speed. Something new and interesting is actually happening, just hope it can stay interesting lol. The Nightwing book is definitely the more polished one as mentioned earlier, but my interest is all on TTA tbh.

My hope is, given the whole "infinite possibilities" thing going on with Infinite Frontier, that TTA and Nightwing are actually happening in different worlds. Nightwing being a safe book (for now anyways) is cool, it's what it needs to be, but it being so safe that it holds back TTA? That would suck. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait. Hold on. I didn't know it's the Nightwing's birthday party in TTA today. What age and which timeline are we using?
    If it's New 52 he should be 25
    If it's Post Crisis he should be 30
    So? Which is it? Did they even mention his age? I'm gonna guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait. Hold on. I didn't know it's the Nightwing's birthday party in TTA today. What age and which timeline are we using?
    If it's New 52 he should be 25
    If it's Post Crisis he should be 30
    So? Which is it? Did they even mention his age? I'm gonna guess not.
    Split the diff and call him 27