Page 54 of 270 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

I take it back for all the times I told Godlike that costume changes were bad because they were too radical and the changes I wanted were incremental. This is pretty much perfect.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Is that a costume redesign I see? Arms stripes, no boot swishes, boxing wraps, and a backpack none of which are seen in the current issue. Perhaps an Oracle inspired upgrade is in the works.
    I didn't even notice the arm stripes! I liked a lot too!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The tiny backpack plus magnetic stripe is cool. Maybe a small costume change is why they teased the "Dick in front of his costume" panel.
    Would be nice if we saw him tinker on it himself. Alfred just called him a problem solver after all.

A little sad that Dick's apartment complex is just gonna be empty. It makes more sense though, I guess, and he can still have noisy and interesting neighbors.

I don't like that we're going back to Dick looking nude from the chest down again, but the other additions are super cool. Here's hoping that's an actual redesign concept and not just a scrapped concept for one (Bernard Chang had his own Nightwing redesign concept for Humphries run that went unused).

I don't really think about where Dick keeps his escrima sticks that much but the backpack is pretty cool .

I’m here for the arm stripes and boxing wraps. Hope those make it in. Boxing wraps would be a new take on his look for sure.

Re-the apartment not being the one from Dixon days. While this is likely true, nothing we’ve seen so far precludes this. There are almost certainly other tenets in the building as he specifically mentioned not wanting to raise the rent even though he was strapped for cash. And it looks like we are looking at two floors of the building there. In the issue Babs mentions being three floors up. So we likely aren’t looking at the full interior there, just a large two floor suite.

Nightwing #81

written by Tom Taylor
    art by Bruno Redondo
    cover by Bruno Redondo
    Pride card stock variant cover by TRAVIS
    MOORE $4.99 US| FC | DC
    variant cover by Rafael Grassetti
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US | FC | DC
    ON SALE 6/15/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC

Dick Grayson trades out his escrima sticks for a magnifying glass and a sleuth hat to investigate Blüdhaven’s new mayor, Melinda Zucco, and find out how the daughter of the man who murdered Dick’s parents came to power in Nightwing’s city. But his investigative adventure is cut short when he comes face to face with the most horrendous villain in the history of Blüdhaven—HEARTLESS.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Future State: Gotham #2

written by Joshua Williamson AND
    Dennis Culver
    art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    cover by LADRÖNN
    card stock variant cover by Derrick Chew
    ON SALE 6/8/2021

Tragedy has brought Gotham City to its knees. Countless people are dead, seemingly at the hands of the Next Batman. Gotham demands justice, and Red Hood has vowed to answer their call. Even if that means beating his way through Nightwing and the rest of the Bat-Family to do it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing #81

written by Tom Taylor
    art by Bruno Redondo
    cover by Bruno Redondo
    Pride card stock variant cover by TRAVIS
    MOORE $4.99 US| FC | DC
    variant cover by Rafael Grassetti
    ON SALE 6/15/2021

Dick Grayson trades out his escrima sticks for a magnifying glass and a sleuth hat to investigate Blüdhaven’s new mayor, Melinda Zucco, and find out how the daughter of the man who murdered Dick’s parents came to power in Nightwing’s city. But his investigative adventure is cut short when he comes face to face with the most horrendous villain in the history of Blüdhaven—HEARTLESS.

First cover, it looks like he's interrupted in the middle of a dance number
    Second cover, nice details but his whole arm and shoulder looks like he's made of rubber

===

By popular demand, Brun-do has released the textless version of this page

Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-18-2021 at 10:10 PM.

So...Jason is going to beat him up too? ....Wow. This brand, new direction is doing wonders for Nightwing, really A list material.

Taylor probably can't really influence what is happening in Future State title.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    BrunDo's design notes. A tiny backpack with magnet to hold the escrima sticks

It's Wingding, B

Inside his apartment, which is different than old Clancy's. By the looks of it, and how Dick is comfortable hanging out without mask outside the building, there's no other tenant or superintendent.

https://stxleslyds.tumblr.com/post/6...ightwings-suit
    Such a great redesign.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

He still has that bad looking bird head on his chest that looks so awkward to me. They need to get rid of that and do something with his legs where it isn't just all black from his chest down where it can look weird artist to artist. Making the escrima sticks do more is nice. They desperately need to give Dick more interesting equipment to spice up his encounters and allow for more creative fights and problem solving. Just having him do little flips and kicks gets so dull after a while, but having the escrima sticks turn into grappling hooks, nunchucks, and maybe even a bo staff or spear/blades in the future would help fix that some. Basically just turn them into some kind of multitool since they refuse to give Dick a utility belt.

Also it looks like from the solicits that Detective Comics #1038 isn't going to have anything to do with Robin or Dick's character. It is the 1000th anniversary issue of Dick's first appearance in Detective Comics #38 back in 1940 but it doesn't look like DC cared enough to do anything special for it. Feels like a missed opportunity there.

Extraordinary Member

I originally ignore syndercut discussions becuase I knew they had taken Dick Grayson off the board. It be nice if the flash movie could bring some version of him to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I originally ignore syndercut discussions becuase I knew they had taken Dick Grayson off the board. It be nice if the flash movie could bring some version of him to us.
    That's what I'm hoping fo, bring dick back in flashpoint. Especially with batman on his why out of the dceu, it's the perfect time for nightwing to step up.