Page 265 of 270 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    They kissed twice in this run
    They lived together for quite a time before Barbara moved with Cass and Steph
    In 'batgirls' Barbara blushes saying shes going to crash with Dick
    Other bat-books has also been portraying them living together
    I think this is pretty much enough to assume they are in fact at least dating lol
    Babs even said that Haley is their dog.
    So, yeah, they are a couple, tthere is no denying it.

They even appear togheter in other books now, like Batman and Deathstroke.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-23-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Ill complain about it every time don't you worry ;D

But Helena and Grayson had a solid build up and was respectable. Also, it was pretty clear that Dick was the main solo character in Grayson. Apples and Oranges to compare the two. Especially when Grayson was about Dick's time as a spy for a organization where he had to team up. Nightwing solo is about Dick as a vigilante in bludhaven trying to make it on his own. With the way Nightwing solo is promoted, they are making it seem like its a Nightwing/Batgirl team up and if I remember correctly, Taylor said he was writing it as a Nightwing Batgirl book.
    There has literally been years of build up. Regardless of what the concept of the book is, Helena played just as much of a role in Grayson as Barbara does in Nightwing. You just have personal bias and distort facts to support your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Are you really comparing the impact of random love interests to Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle ?
    Taylor has said many times before the book was released batgirl is the co-star of his run so get ready to be seeing her a lot more lmao
    Well, no random love interests has ever leave him forBatman, his relationship with Babs is speacial that way lots and lots of baggage. And mediocre arcs with no plot. Yeah nothing says A list as needing Batgirl to co-star.

DC spent decades building Dick and Babs in such a way to be able to easily slot in and out of each other’s stories with little further build up. To the point that it became frustrating. But that’s part of their relationship’s function and design.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-23-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Well, no random love interests has ever leave him forBatman, his relationship with Babs is speacial that way lots and lots of baggage. And mediocre arcs with no plot. Yeah nothing says A list as needing Batgirl to co-star.
    1. Yes, no random love interests have left him for Batman. At least in part because they simply do not show up in outside media at all.
    2. Barbara has only ever left Dick for someone else in on TV show. never canon comics.

Does he need Batgirl? No. Is there a lot of upside to featuring another highly profitable and marketable character that already has a built in history as a side character. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Is this not a Nightwing Solo book anymore? IS the Nightwing team just a bunch of Dick Babs shippers? Seeley didn't even do this with Shawn and Dick, got her pregnant and was ready to drop everything to be with her forever. He was dang near ready to settle down Bea and even got the go ahead from Alfred to do it. Like what is the point of pushing this pairing so hard in this book? Dick Babs haven't even been confirmed to be a couple in the story. And its only been like 6 or 7 issues? not only that but in the grand scheme of things, Dick and Babs havent been together since 2006 (lets be honest with ourselves).

Yes I am complaining. But this right here is really annoying me lol im sorry
    I get it, you're frustrated. Dick and Babs are, well a thing now, but that hasn't been conveyed very clearly. The build up felt rushed, but I think this could well be a long term thing.

But isn't this fair? Dick's beginnings was being a recuring side character in Bruce's book, a comic can be about one character while heavily featuring another. It's not like Babs is a bad character, she's been screwed over by the editorial in recent years but in the past she was the connecting tech for the entire DC universe. She has a history with Dick, and hasn't an ongoing of her own.

I honestly think DC wants Dick and Babs to be the MJ and Peter of DC. That iconic couple. And while I think both character could be taken in more interesting directions, they do work.

I don't think the shipping will stop anytime soon, so I'd try to accept it if I were you. If you can't, sorry bro but there's not much to be done. Sales are up, and DC really only care about dollar bills.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nightwing is one of Best Comics 2021 by Entertainment Weekly and Screenrant (there might be more but maybe it's just comics people retweeting it over and over on my feed so it looks like there's more)

The will they and won't they tease for Dick Babs have happened for at least 10 years now, to the point where they actually sleep together in a honeymoon suite but not have sex. So if the team wants to ejaculate it after only 6-7 issues I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-24-2021 at 12:38 AM.

A robin movie is in development. Let's hope it's Dick Grayson.This does make me wonder. How old do you guys think Dick should be? Rumor has it, will be Dark victory
    https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...bin-movie.html
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-24-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    A robin movie is in development. Let's hope it's Dick Grayson.This does make me wonder. How old do you guys think Dick should be? Rumor has it, will be Dark victory
    I'd go for a mid teens Dick. Believable when actions sequences are needed and yet still quite young.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This site has a section showing that their scoops are real, but that can be easily manipulated, so i still take as just a rumor with no basis.

But it makes sense for them to explore Robin and Batgirl since they are moving on with Michael Keaton as an Old Batman.
    Hopefully is Dick Grayson, but i have no faith on Warner Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    I'd go for a mid teens Dick. Believable when actions sequences are needed and yet still quite young.
    They would probably make him the same age as Leslie Grace's Batgirl.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

So far the site did say it's animated Robin. But who knows WB could easily do a animated and live action version. There is only one question now. If it is animated movie first what comic book would they do. Maybe year one?

It specifically says animated in that article, so even if it was to believed, it has nothing to do with the live-action movies.

Outside of casting, I don't think WB really has a track record of making good decisions when it comes to DC content, so I'm not going to put much stock into that. Even if it happens, there's no telling it'll even be about Dick in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This site has a section showing that their scoops are real, but that can be easily manipulated, so i still take as just a rumor with no basis.

But it makes sense for them to explore Robin and Batgirl since they are moving on with Michael Keaton as an Old Batman.
    Hopefully is Dick Grayson, but i have no faith on Warner Bros.

They would probably make him the same age as Leslie Grace's Batgirl.
    to show him being the same age but him has a teen first before being the same age as Grace? We see him developed in the first but after that he is the same age and it ends with him on his journey to Nightwing. So far this is only animated but we can also hope that sooner down the line it will be live action too

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    It specifically says animated in that article, so even if it was to believed, it has nothing to do with the live-action movies.

Outside of casting, I don't think WB really has a track record of making good decisions when it comes to DC content, so I'm not going to put much stock into that. Even if it happens, there's no telling it'll even be about Dick in the first place.
    Dc animated stuff is generally better. I mean this is true. But with how they did reboot the animated universe it would make sense to have Dick appear.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-24-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Yeah, it's animated. My bad.
    I don't really care for this animated movies, but if it's him i would watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, it's animated. My bad.
    I don't really care for this animated movies, but if it's him i would watch it.
    It might be year one Dick Grayson or it could be Dark Victory if the live action won't do it. If we do get a live action Dick Grayson. Who would you want to play him?