Page 209 of 270 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4044

Found this little gem by Babs Tarr

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wanting a Dick/Starfire book isn't the same as not wanting Kory to get a solo.

There is tons of lore stuff for Kory to explore from the Vega System, Tamarian culture itself, X'hal, her brother Ryand'r and all that stuff involving the Darkstars and the Omega Men to the LEGION.

But the relationship with Dick Grayson was a major part of her character and I think most fans feel that it's a loose end that needs to be addressed. I don't think there is any harm in an out of continuity story exploring the two's relationship and maybe bringing Nightstar back in an Elseworlds type setting.
    What would you want to see done with the Vega System or Tamarean culture? One thing not truly touched on is food and fully who X'Hal is. We have seen her but never really how she has interacted with Starfire and others. Citidel is also a big part of Starfire's life. Omega man can still be a part of Titan's and Starfire's rogue.

Incredible Member

Today's Nightwing issue felt more like a Batgirl book than a Nightwing book.
    I like Babs, but I hope that once the batgirls series begins she'll just be a supporting character for Nightwing in his book, not a lead.

Also not a fan of the art. The issue was still solid, but it wasn't great.

Amazing Member

If the first book of the cross-over was about Dick and Bruce this second one is about him and Barbara, i wonder what will be in the third and final one...
    Writing was still really solid, i loved the monologue at the start and at the end.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mib86 View Post
    If the first book of the cross-over was about Dick and Bruce this second one is about him and Barbara, i wonder what will be in the third and final one...
    Writing was still really solid, i loved the monologue at the start and at the end.
    Based on the cover, it would be Dick with the batfamily. Tim, Babs, Cass and Steph are all on the cover.

Extraordinary Member

She loves her dick pics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I like Babs, but I hope that once the batgirls series begins she'll just be a supporting character for Nightwing in his book, not a lead.

This is an event crossover anyway his book was going to be used to support a larger story

Yes and no, it’s clearly an Oracle story but it’s still providing a perspective on Dick through Babs. Which is a common technique.

I enjoyed it, Oracle needs more stories and i don’t mind different perspectives on Dick. I actually think it’s beneficial overall to change it up from time to time. I mean I don’t always want to just read Dick’s thoughts about himself, it’s nice to sometimes read others thoughts about him. I also really like what they are doing with Dick’s sticks. Using them as an all encompassing super gadget instead of him having a belt of gadgets. Oh and I appreciate how the story tried to frame Dick leaving Bludhaven to come to Gotham, his girlfriend called. That works for me. Babs been there for him in Bludhaven, and hey when your lady calls. I can get that. That being said, the art was ok. It’s not bad, and it’s stylized. Something I like in artists. It’s just not gelling with me personally though. Not exactly sure why if I’m being honest. And I think it helps I’m a big fan of Babs too. For those that might not be this issue might land differently.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-19-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Seeing it in the flashback made me miss the classic Batgirl look over the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seeing it in the flashback made me miss the classic Batgirl look over the new one.
    Agree. I hope we see her in that costume again. It makes me wonder if we will see that look in the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Agree. I hope we see her in that costume again. It makes me wonder if we will see that look in the movie.
    Well her next costume should reflect her dual identity as an active Oracle perhaps it can have flavors from her first costume and mixed with the design we had from future state

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also, I've always understood the desire to update Dick's classic Robin suit - but the fact of the matter is that it looks better on page than any of the attempted replacements or redesigns. Was glad to see it.

Fun issue - good team-up, nice to see Barbara's view of Dick, they both got to show off some competencies.... But it's genuinely hilarious to me how the last issue before the cross-over had Dick, Barbara and Tim together in Bludhaven, and now Taylor's had to have them all bump into each other again to allow for the rest of "Fear State". We're spinning our wheels, but using the issues that "don't count" as part of the wider story to push Dick and Barbara's relationship up a level is a good use.

Also, we'll see how it sticks the landing - but so far, I'm liking how it reads as a "Dick and Barbara vs an evil Oracle and robot guys everywhere" story without much other connection to the underwhelming main Event.

Other Appearances - gently spoilered so people can be surprised, but nothing plotty:

spoilers:
    A couple of panels of Nightwing in Shazam #4, but only a couple. The Wally West/Jon Kent meeting has happened, so we don't necessarily have all three of them meeting up together on the horizon as some had thought - but no reason to think it's the only time Wally and Jon talk, I suppose.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well her next costume should reflect her dual identity as an active Oracle perhaps it can have flavors from her first costume and mixed with the design we had from future state
    People still demanding the Three Jokers suit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Pre Flashpoint Courtney was Tim's age, current continuity I have no idea.
    She's a high schooler in New 52, so still Tim's age

That's, more or less, my stance on it. Though I guess that's to be expected when it's a tie-in to a very Oracle-centric event.

Either way, yeah. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great. It's just there and I'm ready for things to go back to Bludhaven. Also not a huge fan of Dick and Babs getting back together for what feels like the trillionth time. I still wish he'd stay branched off from her and Kory. My only hope is that they stay together this time if Taylor's really committing to this.