Page 8 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

I'm curious what about the Judge as a mythical villain? Also given that the Titans are more often in New York City. What about Bludhaven be around Buffalo? It's farther away from gotham but still close.Or should there be San Fransisco?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I don’t think that makes sense especially for a Mortal.
    Ok then tell me, what would a college degree do for dick as nightwing. Dick's life is about being a superhero. Anything else just gets in the way.

Man I'd love for nightwing to be the nick fury of the future state justice league.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-10-2021 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Ok then tell me, what would a college degree do for dick as nightwing. Dick's life is about being a superhero. Anything else just gets in the way.

Man I'd love for nightwing to be the nick fury of the future state justice league.
    True. He technically doesn't need the money. But he does like helping people. He could go into Social worker. He could easily use being Nightwing in watching children not being harmed. Well the only job that could also work was in Ric. A cab driver also. I mean he doesn't want to relay on Bruce. He needs to have his own money. He is also a people person.

I'm curious with how at times Cassie and Steph get little light. What kind of stories would they be able to be in with Nightwing.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-11-2021 at 03:03 PM.

So we have more info on Teen Titans Future State

https://www.cbr.com/tim-sheridan-tee...ate-interview/

My image of Nightwing is of someone who has been through it all, yet manages to do this very difficult job without being affected by the darkness. I thought, let's see what happens when he does get affected by the darkness, and surprisingly, it's not Batman who influenced him to get to that point. What we see here is that it's Deathstroke's influence that has done the damage. After the big event that led to the world as it is now for the Titans, Dick Grayson found a kinship with Slade, essentially swapping Batman for Deathstroke. If there's anybody we were sure wasn't going to go to the dark side, it was probably Dick Grayson, yet look where we are
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-11-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

Interesting. I'm not opposed to a darker take on the character for an alternate future, but I wonder how they're going to explain how Dick got to that point.

I know people aren't going to be open to the Future State version of Dick, but I do think its kinda cool. And what the writer says about Dick as a character in general I think bodes well for beyond Future State.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The issue is this could be the future. But the whole point of Dick is suppose to be the opposite of Bruce. So I hope he finds himself. I do hope he doesn't go to be evil

Spectacular Member

The issue is this could be the future. But the whole point of Dick is suppose to be the opposite of Bruce. So I hope he finds himself. I do hope he doesn't go to be evil
    I don't necessarily agree that Dick and Bruce are polar opposites. I think Dick has a lot of traits that Bruce doesn't, personality-wise, but the workaholic tendencies, the temper, the need to be in control/lean towards manipulation if he thinks the ends justify the means....that's stuff he picked up from Bruce over the years. While he was leading the Titans, it was remarked on quite a lot. And this is supposed to be a darker future anyway; if that's what he picked up from Bruce, who knows what he picked up from Slade? So long as the explanation is well written, I could be down for it. I'm one of the few Nightwing fans who enjoyed the New Order, and its a similar principle.

Such a novel take, we haven't seen something like that in, like two years. Let's make it darker. Also "**** Batman".

It's not like the character is anything but the influence of other people.

Sadly Dc just thinks he isn't his own character. It's true that he is influenced by many people but he shown to have been his own person. It's way too much. They couldn't do anything happy

Incredible Member

Sadly Dc just thinks he isn't his own character. It's true that he is influenced by many people but he shown to have been his own person. It's way too much. They couldn't do anything happy
    It’s a dystopian future the character should fit the setting. Honestly being to happy is why the character isn’t taken seriously. We know this isn’t going to happen so not a big deal. Hopefully he is hyper competent and doesn’t lose to second and 3rd tier characters like the current version often does.

I guess. I mean after Ric. I was hoping for something else more differently not something even more sad.

So not just Red X, but the Slade/Dick thing too seems to be influencing things. Hmm, I guess we’ll see how this turns out. I did like that cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    It’s a dystopian future the character should fit the setting. Honestly being to happy is why the character isn’t taken seriously. We know this isn’t going to happen so not a big deal. Hopefully he is hyper competent and doesn’t lose to second and 3rd tier characters like the current version often does.
    I'm glad you noticed that. She's referring to everybody else by their real first name and she starts calling him by his professional name of "Nightwing." That was something I felt really strongly about including in the story. I wanted to show that there's a definite tension between Kory and Dick in this story. Although we don't know the reason behind the tension, there are hints, and we're going to see more of that play out in Titans Academy.
    If he is talking about exploring Dick and Kori tension in Titans Academy we are stuck with this gloom and doom for a while.

Also, of course they have to stomp on their relationship a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    If he is talking about exploring Dick and Kori tension in Titans Academy we are stuck with this gloom and doom for a while.

Also, of course they have to stomp on their relationship a little more.
    If by a while you mean two issues, then yes.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)