Page 87 of 270 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4044
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd still take it, if it meant getting us out of the endless triangle, but I'd accept almost *any* solution to escape that. But it would still put Dick and Babs together, and that's something I never, ever want to see again; they bring out the worst in each other and somehow make each other less, rather than more.
    I don't think it's just Dick/Babs that bring out the worst in each other. Did Dick and Kory ever have long term prospects? If we read the NTT run (the height of their romance in the comics), it was very important for that stage of their lives but doesn't seem built to last. Dick would close himself off emotionally, Kory would alternate between being reasonable in trying to get him to talk and being incapable of understanding why he won't open up and not give him space. He would unintentionally patronize her and make her feel stupid for not understanding Earth customs and worried she'd fly off the handle and kill people. Donna, who loved them both, warned Kory against living only for Dick and felt Kory was only in love with the idea of them being a couple, not feeling actual love itself. But this didn't pan out and she got together with Dick anyway. At least until she got mad at Dick for being raped by Mirage and then he got creepily possessive of her and they almost got married. Demon Lesbian Raven interrupting that wedding was probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not in adaptations for sure. Kids who grew up watching the various Teen Titans animated films and movies and who are now watching the Titans live action show think Dick/Kori are the end goal. Dick/Babs becomes irrelevant the moment Dick starts interacting outside the Batverse.
    But there is also the group that grew up watching BTAS and we currently have Dick and Babs as a couple in YJ....where Dick is not operating exclusively in the Bat-verse. And Babs will be showing up in the Titans show even if it favors Dick/Kory. So I'm not seeing at all how it becomes irrelevant outside of wearing certain shipping goggles.

Extraordinary Member

Not in adaptations for sure. Kids who grew up watching the various Teen Titans animated films and movies and who are now watching the Titans live action show think Dick/Kori are the end goal. Dick/Babs becomes irrelevant the moment Dick starts interacting outside the Batverse.
    Yes that is one way to look at it. However since the shows inception Barbra Gordon was always meant to be apart of the cast. And will be joining immediately next season. The entirety of the third season will be taking place in Gotham city. Despite in being described as a Starfire heavy season, the location and multiple number of Bat characters will be in the mix. The only notable superhuman villain know will be blackfire. This season will definitely test the idea of if Starfire can exist in Gotham without issue, weather that be weakening her,or her not using common sense. Additionally be prepared to see kory with a new love interest. Finally were gonna get a clear cut reason as to why princess starfire is not going to liberate her home planet from her clearly evil sister.

I'm actualy expecting Dick to take over for Batman who seems absent from the city this season. Which person he keep is up in the air.

If warner does rebrand the team into the teen titans with tim Kon Gar and raven where is that gonna leave starfire?

they have been teasing a redhood spinoff and the actor has been showing this image

https://twitter.com/WhatsOnHBOMax/st...91908769366021

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    But there is also the group that grew up watching BTAS and we currently have Dick and Babs as a couple in YJ....where Dick is not operating exclusively in the Bat-verse. And Babs will be showing up in the Titans show even if it favors Dick/Kory. So I'm not seeing at all how it becomes irrelevant outside of wearing certain shipping goggles.
    Although I wouldn't say Dick and Babs' romance was that prevalent in B:TAS aside from Sub-Zero, and it ended badly, while YJ is basically just for comic fans at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yes that is one way to look at it. However since the shows inception Barbra Gordon was always meant to be apart of the cast. And will be joining immediately next season. The entirety of the third season will be taking place in Gotham city. Despite in being described as a Starfire heavy season, the location and multiple number of Bat characters will be in the mix. The only notable superhuman villain know will be blackfire. This season will definitely test the idea of if Starfire can exist in Gotham without issue, weather that be weakening her,or her not using common sense. Additionally be prepared to see kory with a new love interest. Finally were gonna get a clear cut reason as to why princess starfire is not going to liberate her home planet from her clearly evil sister.

I'm actualy expecting Dick to take over for Batman who seems absent from the city this season. Which person he keep is up in the air.

If warner does rebrand the team into the teen titans with tim Kon Gar and raven where is that gonna leave starfire?

they have been teasing a redhood spinoff and the actor has been showing this image

https://twitter.com/WhatsOnHBOMax/st...91908769366021
    I doubt Starfire will be in the Outlaws show.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

My thing is why does she have to blend in anyway? Citizens in the DCU should be no strangers to weird looking characters, all of that should be normalized by now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I doubt Starfire will be in the Outlaws show.
    So what do you think will happen to her? Den mother to the next emerging group of titans?

Outlaw’s Starfire would be a nightmare for DC in today’s culture. I mean it was a bad look then, so much so they had to do pretty much immediate damage control, but now a days. Ya good luck with that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-02-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Outlaw’s Starfire would be a nightmare for DC in today’s culture. I mean it was a bad look then, so much so they had to do pretty much immediate damage control, but now a a days. Ya good luck with that.
    Rid her of the outfits and what’s love got to do with it attitude
    She retains the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I wouldn't say Dick and Babs' romance was that prevalent in B:TAS aside from Sub-Zero, and it ended badly, while YJ is basically just for comic fans at this point.
    They had sexual tension all throughout TNBA to the point where Bruce/Babs was only revealed in Batman Beyond, which is why it was met with a near unanimous "what the flying ****?" backlash among the fandom.

I'd say YJ and the Titans DTVs would be on equal terms as just being for the fans at this point. So each ship has a classic cartoon in their favor, and some animated stuff aimed more at the diehards. Kory's main advantage at this point is the live action show, and even that is bringing Babs into it, likely to bring the shipping wars to that fandom

Extraordinary Member

They had sexual tension all throughout TNBA to the point where Bruce/Babs was only revealed in Batman Beyond, which is why it was met with a near unanimous "what the flying ****?" backlash among the fandom.

I'd say YJ and the Titans DTVs would be on equal terms as just being for the fans at this point. So each ship has a classic cartoon in their favor, and some animated stuff aimed more at the diehards. Kory's main advantage at this point is the live action show, and even that is bringing Babs into it, likely to bring the shipping wars to that fandom
    I guess the Live action batgirl movie could bring it to a close

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If Dick/Babs/Kory went the polyamorous route then how do you make an alien like Starfire fit into the more grounded universe that the Nightwing books typically occupy or do you just have Dick go off to space in his own title?
    Polyamorous or not, yeah. That Dick, who's seen and done practically everything over 80 years, is stuck being Batman or Daredevil but generally with a less interesting setting and supporting characters is laughable. Dick should be going all over the place, even if Bludhaven is his homebase, so yeah Kory fits. If anything, it just opens up the book to be more interesting. Other countries, other dimensions, planets, timelines, etc., should all be possible for a Nightwing book but apparently Dick is not allowed to be anything he wasn't when written by Dixon. 70+ years of publication history just doesn't matter to DC lol.

Didn't mean to get so negative, but I can't help it whenever the topic changes to Dick being stuck at street-level with no variation.

Well, I guess sexual tension as unresolved exes...

So what do you think will happen to her? Den mother to the next emerging group of titans?
    The Titans show is not going to end yet and she isn't going anywhere else.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I don't think either relationship will ever be brought to a close

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess sexual tension as unresolved exes...
    I'd say that counts as shipping pandering.

It's what Dick/Kory have been coasting along on in the comics for awhile.

So you are saying they sacrificated The Titans so Jason could have a show, and the best Dick can hope is be forever Babs little boyfriend.

The future never has looked so bleak. (At least marvel is doing intersting things, since DC is a lost)