Page 162 of 270 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Not wanting to get into this debate, but Barbara slut-shamed Dick when he was raped by Tarantula.

We need to accept that the writers don't take seriously the fact that Dick was raped by a woman. I wouldn't blame characters for that.
    Blame Devin Grayson for that, she did . She made nightwing Romani to “make him more exotic”. Contributed further sexualized him, wrote the infamous rape scene and Babs comments after that. Say her name Devin Grayson is an awful writer and blame it all on her!!!! I can fault a fictional character for what their writer choose to do with them, or else I guess we have to accept Starfire New 52 opening issue of being a nymphomaniac who sleeps with her ex fiancé little brother and best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh I know. I'm checking if it can fit.

Months ago don't add up because TTA mentioned Babs and Bludhaven while Nightwing was surprised when he saw Babs in Bludhaven, but like above said, they're not really thinking detailed.

After. When Death Metal was over the timeline resets to before Batman Who Laughs attacked, which is after the end of Snyder's Justice League and Justice Doom War, but in this new timeline, there's no Metal.

Instead, after Joker War happened and Dick regained his memory, Donna visited him for the first time in the hotel room and Dick received Damian's letter so they approached the Teen Titans with the idea. Dick went to Christmas dinner in Bruce's place, then there's Endless Winter, A-Day in spring, and a month after that the current Bat family timeline stories begin.

So they were building the Academy over the winter, opening in spring.

===

So a Dick Kori fan was questioning the relationship status on Twitter, but later, they have been convinced that Dick and Kori's sex was just a birthday gift during the time where Dick hasn't begun a relationship with Barbara because the writers said so but I haven't found where they said so.

So yeah. Apparently it was a birthday gift and they haven't committed further than that. I guess Kori wanted more or thinking it will open a possibility, since at that time Dick hasn't committed to anyone, but once the phone call happened, even with Dick trying convince her that it was nothing, and it was nothing at that time, she can guess what will happen and decided to closed it off.

Well, that's simpler, I'll just place it somewhere during the montage in #83. (I forgot that in #80 Dick spent the day trying to find Heartless)
    I like your timeline, you've made a great work, and it makes sense.

But Taylor himself said it happened months ago. He clearly means before his own run. Regardless of what Sheridan wrote, I think both of them are aware, that, birthday present or not, they were not going to be a thing. Sheridan probably wrote his issue before reading Taylor's one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't blame either Kory or Barbara for how they were written during the respective rape storylines. Clearly the authors were just not equipped to deal with the subject matter.

I think the romance with Kory isn't very healthy in the long run though, just going on what Wolfman and Perez gave us. She was good to help him be more in touch with his emotions and not pressure himself to be like Bruce, but they just seemed like they constantly had to babysit each other: Kory so Dick wouldn't become too obsessed and serious, Dick so that she wouldn't fly off the handle and kill someone. Like they are two young early 20-somethings who are very passionate, but the passion burns hot and fast and isn't the best foundation for long term stability.

Kory learned her lesson that killing was wrong during the South Africa apartheid storyline.
    That was after she returned to Earth and before she got back together with Dick.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-18-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Blame Devin Grayson for that, she did . She made nightwing Romani to “make him more exotic”. Contributed further sexualized him, wrote the infamous rape scene and Babs comments after that. Say her name Devin Grayson is an awful writer and blame it all on her!!!! I can fault a fictional character for what their writer choose to do with them, or else I guess we have to accept Starfire New 52 opening issue of being a nymphomaniac who sleeps with her ex fiancé little brother and best friend.
    Kory had a relationship with Roy, but she didn't have sex with Jason
    Kory and Jason were shown just talking.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Not wanting to get into this debate, but Barbara slut-shamed Dick when he was raped by Tarantula.

We need to accept that the writers don't take seriously the fact that Dick was raped by a woman. I wouldn't blame characters for that.
    Sometimes I think Babs being self-righteous and uncritical of herself is an actual character trait.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Kory was horrible to him, probably that's what ruined their relationship for me.
    Their relationship was meant to be ruined.

The storyline that had Kory be mean to Dick because of the Mirage stuff happened because it was a process leading to their breakup with Dick leaving the Titans office and returning to the Batman's office.

The original plan was to have Dick and Kory get married after Dick going on an adventure to save Kory and establish himself as a major superhero.
    The plan changed after the writers dropped out and Dick was taken back by the Batman office.
    Batman office wanted Dick and Kory broken up.
    Therefore, we got the Mirage thing with Kory angry with Dick who was acting very possessive and Raven crashing Dick and Kory's wedding and making Kory crazy which ultimately led to Kory breaking up with Dick and leaving Earth.
    The storyline came off so editorially driven like One More Day.

I was a 20+ year Dick/Barbara fan as the result of the Batman animated series.
    I became a Dick/Kory fan after reading the 1980-1994 Wolfman Titans run back in 2018.
    I now strongly dislike Dick/Barbara after reading and learning about the retcons that downgraded Dick/Kory to prop up Dick/Barbara.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-18-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Kory had a relationship with Roy, but she didn't have sex with Jason
    Kory and Jason were shown just talking.
    doesnt matter, if they didnt make it past this one issue that does her no favors

my point being that no character can be made accountable to doing wild thing becasue of one writer.

Mighty Member

doesnt matter, if they didnt make it past this one issue that does her no favors

my point being that no character can be made accountable to doing wild thing becasue of one writer.

There are comic panels that reveal that nothing sexual happened between Jason and Kory.

I see no problem with her being with Roy due to her not being with Dick at the time.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-18-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't blame either Kory or Barbara for how they were written during the respective rape storylines. Clearly the authors were just not equipped to deal with the subject matter.

I think the romance with Kory isn't very healthy in the long run though, just going on what Wolfman and Perez gave us. She was good to help him be more in touch with his emotions and not pressure himself to be like Bruce, but they just seemed like they constantly had to babysit each other: Kory so Dick wouldn't become too obsessed and serious, Dick so that she wouldn't fly off the handle and kill someone. Like they are two young early 20-somethings who are very passionate, but the passion burns hot and fast and isn't the best foundation for long term stability.
    Kory was hurt by the Mirage thing. She thought Dick would be able to tell her apart from any other woman because of their connection like she thought she could do with Dick.

She was a bit disappointed in Dick's lack of perception.

She was also insecure about Dick's love for her. She even thought that maybe Mirage can be whatever Dick wants while Dick was thinking the opposite.

Dick was acting like a possessive jerk and irrational up to the actual wedding that got crashed by Raven.

It was part of the soap opera drama storyline that was created to end Dick/Kory after Dick was returned to the Batman office.

The original plan was for Dick and Kory to marry after Dick rescues Kory and establishes himself as a major hero.
    The plan changed after the writer and editor left and Dick was returned to Batman office.

There are comic panels that reveal that nothing sexual happened between Roy and Kory.

I see no problem with her being with Roy due to her not being with Dick at the time.
    I think you mean Jason here.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think you mean Jason here.
    Yeah...I meant Jason............sorry about that error
    I am embarrassed.
    UGH!
    I will make the correction.
    thanks for pointing it out
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-18-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Their relationship was meant to be ruined.

The storyline that had Kory be mean to Dick because of the Mirage stuff happened because it was a process leading to their breakup with Dick leaving the Titans office and returning to the Batman's office.

The original plan was to have Dick and Kory get married after Dick going on an adventure to save Kory and establish himself as a major superhero.
    The plan changed after the writers dropped out and Dick was taken back by the Batman office.
    Batman office wanted Dick and Kory broken up.
    Therefore, we got the Mirage thing with Kory angry with Dick who was acting very possessive and Raven crashing Dick and Kory's wedding and making Kory crazy which ultimately led to Kory breaking up with Dick and leaving Earth.
    The storyline came off so editorially driven like One More Day.

I was a 20+ year Dick/Barbara fan as the result of the Batman animated series.
    I became a Dick/Kory fan after reading the 1980-1994 Wolfman Titans run back in 2018.
    I now strongly dislike Dick/Barbara after reading and learning about the retcons that downgraded Dick/Kory to prop up Dick/Barbara.
    Sorry, that's not true.

The failed wedding happened in August 1993, one year after Mirage's rape, Dick and Babs started dating in 1998 or 1999, almost five years after the wedding and 6 after the rape.

It's true that DC stopped Dick and Kory wedding for bringing him back in Batman's franchise, but that didn't involve Babs.

Also, the whole Mirage thing was a pushing into the wedding, 'cause Dick wanted to prove Kory he loves her. That's what triggers me, and it was all Wolfman's fault.

The wedding got cancelled last minute: in Flash #81 (published on September 1993) Dick and Kory were a married couple, Waid didn't had time to change that in his story.
    Last edited by L.H.; 08-18-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Overall I think maybe we shouldn't even give her any of the Batboys but someone from Tamara that way it stays in her area. Dc had their change from having him with Starfire before they wanted the marriage to stop or Babs but they made her think he is cheating. Also Babs has slut shamed Bruce with Poison Ivy raped him. So Dc really wants Babs overall a judgy person. Overall Dc had a long time to make Babs cannon but they never really did. The same with Kori. They want both. Dc just wants both ships even if it makes Babs or Kori look bad

If anything Dc would be smart and have one couple simply be elsewhere stories . Dc could have allowed Perez and Wolfman to do their miniseries.They can't keep going on with the love triangle. it's been thirty years they had a long time to make Babs more of a stable relationship but all it ever is she fickle or judgy and breaks up with him

Overall with the Titan show. I wonder what will happen with the two they said the DickKori fans will be happy.They have big plans for them
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-18-2021 at 01:13 PM.

I think Jason was messing with Roy. He does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think Jason was messing with Roy. He does that.
    More the writer had to later do damage control.