Page 144 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was effectively the lead of Bad Blood. I'd say he was also one of the central characters of Judas Contract.
    I feel as if Batwoman usurped that from him

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The first question WB exec would ask when someone pitch it will be why should we do this when we can do Batman
    Simple: Nightwing is cheaper to make and will bring in more women and teen girls than Batman, while still retaining the male audience.

Also, is it that much of a stretch to imagine that in markets like China that vastly preferred Aquaman to something like Batman v Superman, the brighter Dick might be a bigger pull than brooding Bruce?
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-26-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I just think that you need to have a foundation to hang those blemishes on first. So you need to establish how Dick's parents met, how they fell in love, how their relationship is, and the ups and downs in that relationship that would lead to one of them possibly cheating first. Where they feel like actual characters where an affair would actually matter, but I get that creators don't want to do that with Dick's parents because it then takes away Bruce as being the main focus of Dick's family.[/QUOTE]

My understanding was this happened before his parents became an item. Mary might have been a a part of the circus, but she and John hadn't established a relationship at that time. Maybe it would be a nice to have a back up to tell the story of his parents, throw in some of the mob drama and fill in the gaps. Honestly though, how much do we know about the Waynes? a little more, but honestly more about the lineage than the actual parents.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Simple: Nightwing is cheaper
    In live action but not really for animation and that's what was asked here.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think we will get a Nightwing animated movie or at least a Dick Grayson animated movie with the new universe?
    With the new regime in charge, I don't know.

I still very much doubt it will happen. Hell, if they're starting over with a new shared cartoon universe (or whatever they're doing, I'm not a cartoon guy) then Dick will likely be Robin, at least for a while.

But while I don't think it's likely at all, I can't say it's as unlikely/impossible as it was in Didio's era.

I wouldn't bet on it, but the only thing that ever held Nightwing back was WB/DC's incompetence, and a lot of those guys have been fired. AT&T have already put some effort and talent into the character (more than DC has in years), there's several high profile larger media projects with Dick in a (co)lead role, a Hollywood guy is actively pursuing a film deal with Dick, and if Nightwing gets a good chunk of credit for any success these things get, I can see a world where AT&T decides to give him a shot as a solo project.

Again, not getting my hopes up. In the very unlikely event it actually happens, it'd still be *years* away. But the odds of it happening do feel a tiny, tiny bit higher. I expect that Dick will continue to be a sales-draw for Titans stuff, and a senior sidekick in Bat stuff, and if he gets a shot as a solo IP it'll only be because someone like McKay badgered the Studio into submission. But I think now, with new guys in charge, such a thing might require a little less badgering.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    With the new regime in charge, I don't know.

I still very much doubt it will happen. Hell, if they're starting over with a new shared cartoon universe (or whatever they're doing, I'm not a cartoon guy) then Dick will likely be Robin, at least for a while.

But while I don't think it's likely at all, I can't say it's as unlikely/impossible as it was in Didio's era.

I wouldn't bet on it, but the only thing that ever held Nightwing back was WB/DC's incompetence, and a lot of those guys have been fired. AT&T have already put some effort and talent into the character (more than DC has in years), there's several high profile larger media projects with Dick in a (co)lead role, a Hollywood guy is actively pursuing a film deal with Dick, and if Nightwing gets a good chunk of credit for any success these things get, I can see a world where AT&T decides to give him a shot as a solo project.

Again, not getting my hopes up. In the very unlikely event it actually happens, it'd still be *years* away. But the odds of it happening do feel a tiny, tiny bit higher. I expect that Dick will continue to be a sales-draw for Titans stuff, and a senior sidekick in Bat stuff, and if he gets a shot as a solo IP it'll only be because someone like McKay badgered the Studio into submission. But I think now, with new guys in charge, such a thing might require a little less badgering.
    You mean Discovery.

I think Dick's chances of getting an animated movie are higher than most. Even during the Didio era WB still tagged him for a solo movie. That's says a lot.

And no it doesn't matter that Live action is cheaper than animation. The only down side is that the animated universe squandered some brilliant Dick Grayson story ideas.

The court of owls and Dick connection to them was pointlessly hacked on to Born to kill with the Court replacing Nobody which was a stupid idea.

Dick as Batman concept was wasted with Bad Blood some thought it'd be great to cover Morrison's entire batman run in one movie.

smh
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-26-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Seeing Harley in the injustice preview reminds me I blame her for dicks death

Astonishing Member

Teen Titans Academy was quite good for Dick this week, I thought - I know some people won't like that the Bat Pack are specifically Batman fanboys with little time for Nightwing, but the issue put some good work emphasising that they were wrong.

Also, in this interview for his new Jon Kent series, Tom Taylor is a little more direct than in some of his previous hints:

"I think there’s something so very Superman about Nightwing that I love. There’s a reason they’re both kind of the heart of the DC Universe. And not to spoil anything, but there is a good chance that Nightwing and Jon will share some pages in the future."

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/27/to...-for-superman/

So whether that's a formal crossover between the two titles, or a guest spot from one character in the other's book, that should at least cheer up the people who want Dick to meet more non Bat-Family characters under Taylor! And also, very hard to imagine a conversation between Dick and Jon that doesn't touch on Dick's friendship with Clark/the Kryptonian origin of the "Nightwing" name - which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I feel as if Batwoman usurped that from him
    Dick drove the plot more than Kate did in my opinion.

Dick's death in Injustice has to be the dumbest death I can remember. It is going to suck to see it animated. Taylor did him so dirty, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick's death in Injustice has to be the dumbest death I can remember. It is going to suck to see it animated. Taylor did him so dirty, lol.
    The game was before the comic he just filled in the blanks

Apparently dick is the father in I am not starfire

There's always the chance they'll change it from the comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Apparently dick is the father in I am not starfire
    I kind of figured.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe Dick got some fourth wall breaking self awareness and just took himself out of this crap while the getting was still good.

I can almost see what he was trying to do. He had to have Damian kill Dick, but he didn’t want to have Damian do so deliberately so he just did it in the most stupid over the top way that still made it so Damian wasn’t actually trying to kill Dick. But it’s still f****** stupid and insulting so he failed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/