Page 11 of 270 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wait. I been wondering about this for a bit. I know we have Bludhaven but why is it that Jump City has never been an idea for Dick to live? I know that Titans are in NYC but we also have the cartoon that places them in Jump City
    It's been tossed around some, but not much. Most of the time when I see it mentioned it's as a potential new home for the Titans, not for a single hero. I guess the shows aren't popular on CBR?

I never watched the original Teen Titans cartoon (so maybe nothing here applies to it) but my daughter loves GO! and I don't know how easy a translation Jump would be.

Jump City does have a few "notable" citizens I suppose, if we can call a hobo who only says "howdy!" notable, but they'd require a lot of tinkering to make them fit the DCU. And there's some store names that pop up regularly (can't remember what) but they're overly punny and meta (though a few could probably be used if you were so inclined). Not a lot of landmarks other than "T" and "H" shaped buildings in the bay. Not much to work with, really. In practicality it's largely Everycity, USA, offering little more than a name.

But it does have some name recognition and that's worth something in and of itself. I suggested using the name (and only the name) for Cyborg's setting not too long ago, and it's clearly a well-named place for an acrobat like Dick (perhaps *too* well-named?). So....sure? I wouldn't mind if Dick moved to Jump. It'd still basically be a brand new setting so it's just a name. And it'd make Badou happy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I hate that FS: TT was another bad future for the Titans, but the characters felt like themselves here. If the Academy book can channel that and do big stories without them, you know, going horribly wrong and killing off several characters, I think I'm going to really like it. Some of the names for the students' personas is a bit much, but I like the variety in the characters we saw in just this issue so the main book should be much better on that front.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I hate that FS: TT was another bad future for the Titans, but the characters felt like themselves here. If the Academy book can channel that and do big stories without them, you know, going horribly wrong and killing off several characters, I think I'm going to really like it. Some of the names for the students' personas is a bit much, but I like the variety in the characters we saw in just this issue so the main book should be much better on that front.
    Ok, yes it is dark, yes it is another Titan slaughterfest...but I gotta say, I like how everyone's being written so far. Especially Kory. How often do we get to see her so confident and competent? I'm actually kinda excited to see where it goes. And if I don't like it, no harm since it's an alternative future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Ok, yes it is dark, yes it is another Titan slaughterfest...but I gotta say, I like how everyone's being written so far. Especially Kory. How often do we get to see her so confident and competent? I'm actually kinda excited to see where it goes. And if I don't like it, no harm since it's an alternative future.
    Yeah I’ve said this elsewhere but outside a few series that I was already planning to read, so my list didn’t really change, I’m also mainly using the future state books to get a handle on the writing of Infinite Frontier creative teams. Sure the books will look different in March but if I can trust them to write enjoyable stories now or introduce interesting ideas then I will know which I will pick up.

Am I excited about the dark future? Not really, I’m nebulous too it since I’ve seen a lot of dark futures. But I do have an idea of what characters Sheridan wants to use in Teen Titans Academy in the present day, and I can see what kind of relationships he might develop especially when looking at the flashbacks(flash forwards?)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Let's hope after Future State is done they have someone actually right the Titans. So I kind of wonder if this is a possible future. What will stop this one from happening. I guess that's what Frontier will answer?

A lot of reasons going in not to like FS TT, but nerveless it was pretty good. It well written, art was cool. It manage its space and cast really well. They had a lot to fit in 20 pages, but they fit the FS plot and had something for most of its core cast. Even if one doesn't like necessarily like what it had for the character, there still was a an arc there. I appreciated that.

Spectacular Member

What would you all like to see out of a new Titans book?

Incredible Member

Honestly wouldn’t mind some of the ideas introduced carrying over. Dick having a relationship and connection with Deathstroke. The strong independent portrayal of Star Fire. The introduction of Red X are just some examples. I liked the issue and the writer portrayed the characters well. I even like the costume and wouldn’t mind it being a variant Dick uses color wise when with the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Honestly wouldn’t mind some of the ideas introduced carrying over. Dick having a relationship and connection with Deathstroke. The strong independent portrayal of Star Fire. The introduction of Red X are just some examples. I liked the issue and the writer portrayed the characters well. I even like the costume and wouldn’t mind it being a variant Dick uses color wise when with the Titans.
    Same. I initially wasn’t gonna get this (count me among the ones who tire of the bleak tone of the Titans books) but I’m glad I did. It does fit in the overall Future State landscape and was genuinely fun. I ended getting it to see how Red X would be done and I liked the way it was handled here. And I would love to see Nightwing with some gold in the regular universe. That would look dope.

I haven't read Future State, so I dunno if there's any good ideas there worth carrying over.

I'm not actually fond of the idea of the NTT generation remaining together as Titans, and the issues with the brand is a thread and thesis level essay all on its own. Suffice to say, I think the Titans name should belong to whoever is the "teen/sidekick" generation and the adults should move on to other things.

But if I *had* to keep them together?

First thing to do is look at each of them individually, and decide where they should all be in life now. You simply can't keep the Titans in the same status quo they were in thirty years ago; the strength of the Wolfman era was largely it's growth; characters grew up, changed, learned, evolved....and it's idiocy to think that you can make any of them work by trapping them in a "classic" position they had already outgrown before Wolfman took off. Just look at Cyborg; DC has forced him to repeat the "man or machine?" angst for years, and all it's done is hold him back.

So you figure, okay, what should Raven be doing by age 25-28? Kori? Dick? Vic? Roy? I have ideas for most of them, but the point is you figure out what each Titan would look like now if DC hadn't regressed/frozen them. Just as an example, I'd have Raven defeat her father, realize someone has to sit in his throne, and become the new queen of Trigon's hell. Raven wouldn't be evil, she'd just rule an evil place. Can she change hell? Or will hell change her? Sticks to her core theme but advances her narrative (plus, zombie/usurped Trigon!)

Once you know where each individual is at, then you can figure out if there's a reason to keep them together as Titans.

I'm vaguely fond of the "Titans Army" idea that's been tossed around; basically the JLU cartoon but using the Titans, heroes in their 20's (like Vibe), etc., and I'd throw in some of the Infinity Inc crowd too, like Jesse Quick, Atom Smasher, Obsidian, and Jade.

Then there's the "activist" pitch that....someone (me, maybe?) had. The Titans decide it's not enough to just save the world, they want to take a direct hand in making it better, and you end up with a kind of superhero non-profit organization dedicated to making real social change. Likely too topical a concept these days, but in my head I can see a kind of "WildCATS volume 4" reimagining of the superhero construct, using idealistic NPO's instead of jaded, greedy corporations as a basis.

But honestly, I'd rather the Titans were just friends who hung out together on their down time, with the occasional team up or guest appearance just for fun, rather than a full time, active team. Those relationships are highly important, but they don't require a functioning team to be used.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

As someone who can't afford a lot of books, I wrote in Create Your Own DC Line that I only want two series. Justice League to portray the adult heroes in rotation, and Teen Titans to portray the younger heroes in rotation.

So when speaking about adult Titans, I would want them to be in the Justice League.

Since that's not the case, and we have multiple adult teams, then my question is what are the other adult teams are doing, and for Titans is "something other than that"

if there's no "something other than that" then this team is not needed

I don't have an idea since Justice League seems to cover everything, GLC is space, JLD is supernatural. Do we have an interdimensional team?

I just want the Titans to not get screwed over, being killed or having to deal with another treason.

Spectacular Member

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...66519501176832

Looks like my favorite dynamic duo might be getting together again soon :-)

Fingers crossed. They are due for a proper reunion.

Interesting that Damian is getting his own comic but still keeping the name Robin. Any ideas for a new name ?

I'm liking What they have planned for Nightwing. I hope maybe one day they will take him more seriously