Page 107 of 270 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4044

Woah...
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goth...mily-spoilers/

spoilers:
    Melinda Zucco isn't who we think. Apparently, she's Dick's sister? Well, half-sister I guess? Gives Tony Zucco a new motive for killing the Graysons, if his wife had an affair with John.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess some people here called it
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Woah...

spoilers:
    Melinda Zucco isn't who we think. Apparently, she's Dick's sister? Well, half-sister I guess? Gives Tony Zucco a new motive for killing the Graysons, if his wife had an affair with John.
    end of spoilers
    Did we really need this?

spoilers:
    Although kind of reminds me of when it turned out Raptor had the same name as Dick, implying Mary named him after Raptor.
    end of spoilers

Woah...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, no. That's a huge pass for me. There's no way Taylor could spin this in a fashion that I'll be ok with this and not have the (over)reaction of dropping the book.

Honestly that doesn't seem like something I think Taylor would seriously pull the trigger on. Or that DC would approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly that doesn't seem like something I think Taylor would seriously pull the trigger on. Or that DC would approve.
    Scott Snyder did the same thing in his first arc with Batman.
    It's not something that i want but i'll wait to read the book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Scott Snyder did the same thing in his first arc with Batman.
    It's not something that i want but i'll wait to read the book.
    Yeah, but it was still a bit of a "fake-out" and I don't think anyone still believes Lincoln March is actually Bruce's brother.

Taylor said on Twitter that some already have the Issue and that the spoilers:
    Melinda revelation is part of it. The editor added that it's gonna change the history of Nightwing
    end of spoilers, so I guess what BC says is very likely the truth.

The thing with Raptor is, he was already a pretty fleshed out character before his connection to Mary got revealed.

Yeah, but it was still a bit of a "fake-out" and I don't think anyone still believes Lincoln March is actually Bruce's brother.
    Yeah, i know. I didn't want this kinda of drama in the book, but we'll see.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Woah...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    What a stupid fucking decision. We obviously called it here, but man what a complete letdown. I don't see any way for this not to be awful. Way to ruin a such amazing art with bad storytelling.

spoilers:
    Hopefully this is some kind of fake-out like what Lincoln March was, or what Bane was in that one awful storyline a long time ago where it was hinted he was Bruce's brother or something with had dad having an affair. Every time DC attempts these kind of stories they are always garbage. Dick has been a character for over 80 years and to give him some long lost sister he never knew about where his dad had some prior relationship with someone, or he cheated on his wife, to produce a kid is so stupid. All it does is ruin Dick's father. Then not only that but then to have her pretend to be Zucco's daughter too where she got adopted by his family and is probably on some stupid revenge quest against them is so dumb. I know many here have been defending Taylor's writing, but this feels completely undefendable to me.

Hopefully if this turns out not to be a fakeout she goes the way of Alfred's daughter and gets forgotten about after this run or something. This probably kills me buying any future issues too.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What a stupid fucking decision. We obviously called it here, but man what a complete letdown. I don't see any way for this not to be awful. Way to ruin a such amazing art with bad storytelling.

spoilers:
    Hopefully this is some kind of fake-out like what Lincoln March was, or what Bane was in that one awful storyline a long time ago where it was hinted he was Bruce's brother or something with had dad having an affair. Every time DC attempts these kind of stories they are always garbage. Dick has been a character for over 80 years and to give him some long lost sister he never knew about where his dad had some prior relationship with someone, or he cheated on his wife, to produce a kid is so stupid. All it does is ruin Dick's father. Then not only that but then to have her pretend to be Zucco's daughter too where she got adopted by his family and is probably on some stupid revenge quest against them is so dumb. I know many here have been defending Taylor's writing, but this feels completely undefendable to me.

Hopefully if this turns out not to be a fakeout she goes the way of Alfred's daughter and gets forgotten about after this run or something. This probably kills me buying any future issues too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh yeah, Julia fell off the face of the Earth. I don't think they even mentioned her after Alfred died, despite the fact that she's in the Batwoman show.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Oh yeah, Julia fell off the face of the Earth. I don't think they even mentioned her after Alfred died, despite the fact that she's in the Batwoman show.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is all we can hope for. That she just get forgotten about and falls into limbo to never be seen again like Alfred's daughter, or maybe some future Nightwing writer will retcon the connection at least. I'm always against these kind of stories that retroactively tries to ruin character's parents for stupid drama. They are never good and just cause way more problems.

I felt the same way during the Raptor thing where Seeley hinted that Raptor could be Dick's actual father with that page of him making out with Dick's mom. It is what prevented me from liking Raptor as a character.
    end of spoilers

Eeh, doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. If it works there’s a new character in his mythos, if it doesn’t they’ll just fade away.

Besides,
    spoilers:
    Raptor might be his real father anyway . Which I liked Seeley dropping that tease as he takes a bow. You want to play with your readers as a writer.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-11-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. If it works there’s a new character in his mythos, if it doesn’t they’ll just fade away.

Besides,
    spoilers:
    Raptor might be his real father anyway . Which I liked Seeley dropping that tease as he takes a bow. You want to play with your readers as a writer.
    end of spoilers
    You've been driving that Tayor bandwagon so hard that he could say that Dick was a robot from the future all along and you'd call it a clever twist, lol.

spoilers:
    I'm just never a fan of stories that ruin a character's parents for cheap drama. It's such a lazy writing technique, especially when the parents are dead. So I thought the Raptor thing with Dick's mom was stupid and pointless, and I could have sworn when I mentioned it at the time if Seeley was hinting at him being Dick's real father that you were very against that notion, but maybe that was someone else. Been like 4 years now. At least with Raptor Seeley tried to build him up before the stupid tease, so he had some kind of character, but the Melinda character for Taylor is completely propped up on the drama of being Dick's lost sister, which never works. She is going to be sent to limbo in a few years with everyone remembering how dumb the whole plot was.

With this new "reveal" I just don't like how it ruins Dick's father potentially for more cheep drama. But when you are stuck writing in a dull setting like Bludhaven, and reusing dead horses like Zucco and Blockbuster, this is the kind of awful stories that it breeds. Just a lack of any real creativity. I already didn't think Tayor's writing was very good, but having to now drag around this sister plot is just going to be such a chore to get through.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Badou; 06-11-2021 at 01:15 PM.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

But I'll let it change my mind if it can.