Page 46 of 270 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

DC is releasing a Pride anthology in June, as well as a bunch of Pride themed variants, including one for Nightwing #81 by Travis Moore
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why not a teacher or social worker?

Also is it true Dick was suppose to be written bi in the 2000s?
    No, but the Nightwing writer at the time, Devin Grayson, has said that she personally head-cannoned Dick as bi. She's kinda controversial amongst the fans for a few reasons, this among them. I doubt DC would ever go for that seriously though.

Devin Grayson has a thing for gay dudes and I don't mean she's just an avid supporter of the lgbt+ community. In her novel Inheritance everyone was kind of gay, unresolved sexual tension everywhere, I still can't believe DC published that.

I can see Dick as bi but I wouldn't like to see it written as a fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why not a teacher or social worker?

Also is it true Dick was suppose to be written bi in the 2000s?
    Nah that's just Devin Grayson's fetishization of gay and bi men.

I love her Titans series so much but every time she tries to add some big change to Dick, it comes across as half-assed and poorly handled. Like she wants to add a whole new side to the character but doesn't really want to do the work.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Checkmate is finally being developed
    If they continue with it a few years proposals for GRAYSON to return could actually be possible

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The number one thing dick need is FREEDOM! Let this bird this flying Grayson FLY. Dick needs to be able to go out and be nightwing at anytime, anywhere. A 9-5 doesn't help nightwing be a hero.

But on second thought if dick has to have a job how about this.

Dick is a fun ahtletic pretty boy son of a billionaire in has 20s who should be traveling the globe like his childhood and fromer entertainer. So have dick because a rock/popstar! Traveling the world putting on sellout shows with his band/group THE FAB 5!!!

Dick at heart is just as much an entertainer as hes a hero. Also dick doesn't need the money so it all goes to th Flying Graysons charity fund for orhans.
    Oh I like the idea of Dick Grayson popstar. It's a bit fanfic but I don't care.

That or make him a globe trotting Gambler like someone once suggested on this site

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Oh I like the idea of Dick Grayson popstar. It's a bit fanfic but I don't care.

That or make him a globe trotting Gambler like someone once suggested on this site
    Making Dick a gambler under a possitive light could be rather problematic when you think about these comics being aimed to teens, and those teens usually don't have their brains fully shaped, or their personalities grown mature enough, to know where's the limit when you bet and gamble. Ideally, you want to make him inspirational, as a hero, and an inspirational individual all around as a civilian too, I think. Social worker could be honestly a quite good job, and has potential to catch new cases of a more street level kind. It's the Daredevil way of trigger new cases.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh look Barbara it's already sneaking up on him and lecturing him, how charming.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He bought the whole apartment block years ago... he hasn't been in Bludhaven for years. It's 2 years, tops, in Rebirth, and Damian hasn't aged in those years, so we can even count it as just 1. Is that an old Bludhaven reference?

Babs doesn’t seemed charmed by the idea of there being a dog around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Making Dick a gambler under a possitive light could be rather problematic when you think about these comics being aimed to teens, and those teens usually don't have their brains fully shaped, or their personalities grown mature enough, to know where's the limit when you bet and gamble. Ideally, you want to make him inspirational, as a hero, and an inspirational individual all around as a civilian too, I think. Social worker could be honestly a quite good job, and has potential to catch new cases of a more street level kind. It's the Daredevil way of trigger new cases.
    Who says it would be under a positive life. The idea would be to explore both sides of it, creating drama, and exploring the potential positives and negatives. One of Dick’s biggest weaknesses imo is being portrayed as too much of a Boy Scout. A gambling lifestyle I think could create a number of interesting challenges for Dick’s character, yet at the same time keeps things flexible.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-12-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/468030

Holy crap there are even more previews! 4 more pages featuring Dick and Babs first meeting and fighting bullies together before Papa Gordon drove him home and Babs saw Wayne Manor for the first time.

That's what, 10 pages of previews? They're really confident in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/468030

Holy crap there are even more previews! 4 more pages featuring Dick and Babs first meeting and fighting bullies together before Papa Gordon drove him home and Babs saw Wayne Manor for the first time.

That's what, 10 pages of previews? They're really confident in this.
    Can't wait!!

A few more days

Can't freaking wait