Page 158 of 270 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4044
    Incredible Member

Curious how long Taylor is going to be on this book. I know he initially said it was long term but with the main Batman book coming open and all his other work at DC, we may lose him sooner than anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Curious how long Taylor is going to be on this book. I know he initially said it was long term but with the main Batman book coming open and all his other work at DC, we may lose him sooner than anticipated.
    He already pitched the idea for issue 100, so we have at least more than a year with him in the book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Might still be fun to play as in a video game though .
    Definitely more in my wheelhouse as far as video games usually go. I probably won't touch him or Tim out of principle though
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He already pitched the idea for issue 100, so we have at least more than a year with him in the book.
    King had a plan until Batman #100 until he didn't. Same with Tynion and 'Tec 1000. Or Tomasi on anything after Rebirth. Or more relevantly king and Seeley on Grayson to issue #50
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Definitely more in my wheelhouse as far as video games usually go. I probably won't touch him or Tim out of principle though

King had a plan until Batman #100 until he didn't. Same with Tynion and 'Tec 1000. Or Tomasi on anything after Rebirth. Or more relevantly king and Seeley on Grayson to issue #50
    100 issues counting from the first one it's pretty different from 17 issues from now. That would be just more than a year and most if not all of the writers you just mentioned were in the book from more than a year.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    100 issues counting from the first one it's pretty different from 17 issues from now. That would be just more than a year and most if not all of the writers you just mentioned were in the book from more than a year.
    Agreed, but if he were offered the main Bat book, his priorities may change. I cannot think of a bigger writer at DC at the moment that they would actually offer the book to.

Gleason did like 6 issues of Robin before being moved to Superman Rebirth.

Astonishing Member

Thought there was some very smart positioning in this issue - Dick taking the (deeply unlikely) Melinda revelations at face value as a leap of faith, that gives him the push to go forward with his Big Idea. That Big Idea suddenly coinciding with him "waking up" a little and performing the kind of unlikely acrobatic feats that people had been missing in previous issues, and broadening his contacts to outside the Bat Family with the Titans and Superman.... And taking the under-used but classic Superman And Dick relationship and dusting it off for it's best showing in a while, ending with the flip that at the same time Dick is now on a bigger stage he's the experienced hero/mentor/moral guide for a young, brash Superman. Liked "Dick will meet Jon and has been asked to look out for him" being part of Taylor's laying out the stall of the book, rather than them both turning up to rescue the same cat from a tree in three months' time.

And Dick's involvement with Bludhaven in this way, and the awkward mostly unspoken way that it's a criticism of what Bruce did with his money, nicely sets up a point of conflict over Arkham for this Detective Comics annual later in the year.

Yeah, enjoying this.

(But then, I was game for what Ben Percy was doing a few years back - watch next month's solicits suddenly show a new creative team as Dick's cameo in Batman ends with him falling in a meat grinder and losing his arms or something.)

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Gleason did like 6 issues of Robin before being moved to Superman Rebirth.
    Then by october Taylor will be already in Nightwing longer than Gleason was in Robin.
    Thats good.

I liked this week’s issue again. Art was great, Dick got to pull off some cool stunts even concussed, and now we get the big pitch of Taylor’s run in regards to what Dick will do with his money to shape Bludhaven. Neither Blockbuster nor Heartless are really exciting me though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked this week’s issue again. Art was great, Dick got to pull off some cool stunts even concussed, and now we get the big pitch of Taylor’s run in regards to what Dick will do with his money to shape Bludhaven. Neither Blockbuster nor Heartless are really exciting me though.
    Knowing blockbusters style we will have a slew of incoming assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick and Jason are easy to spot since they are predominantly given blue and red colors to identify them. Interesting they went for Duke over Tim, but honestly, they are pretty interchangeable these days. Each makes the other kind of redundant if both are there.
    Huh? Duke and Tim are both on that cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? Duke and Tim are both on that cover.
    I think he was talking about Taylor's Dark Knights of Steel. Although these days you never know it could be Tim instead of Duke for non-canon stories...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Man I loved this issue.

Love seeing Dick go and talk to Clark too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He should be ;(