Page 186 of 218 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3262
  1. #2776
    Mighty Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Batgirls cover with Dick and Haley on it.
    This is unbelievably cute but my enjoyment is somewhat ruined by the game screen being projected behind them and also what seems to be a blow up of one of their cell phones. It makes no sense. The numbers on the cell phone screen are backwards so I assume it's supposed to be a reflection, but even the most high gloss paint wouldn't reflect an image with that clarity. Honestly, triggering me

  2. #2777
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,275

    Default

    Is that suppose to be bitewing? Super cute. Am I the only one who would love to see something like Titus, Ace and Bitewing comic?

  3. #2778
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is that suppose to be bitewing? Super cute. Am I the only one who would love to see something like Titus, Ace and Bitewing comic?
    Maybe it will come with the League of Super Pets movie lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  4. #2779
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,092

    Default

    Ok, so with Barbara being obviously a supporting character in Batgirls... does that mean that we'll keep getting her in Nightwing? I hope not, but that would explain why Redondo designed a new costume for her.

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The Robins together DC's yet to convince me they can do well without having them watered down to The Ninja Turtles archetypes.
    Dick and Damian work brilliantly without undermining each other but all of them together everyone suffers.
    Recent Robin issue is perfect example of that to me. Pages with Damian and Dick were amazing, but once we got Tim, Jason or Steph it suffered a lot.

  5. #2780
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ok, so with Barbara being obviously a supporting character in Batgirls... does that mean that we'll keep getting her in Nightwing? I hope not, but that would explain why Redondo designed a new costume for her.

    Recent Robin issue is perfect example of that to me. Pages with Damian and Dick were amazing, but once we got Tim, Jason or Steph it suffered a lot.
    Honestly with the prominence of the Batgirl squad in Nightwing for the Fear State crossover, recent Bruno art of Steph and Cass (he's not on the event), Nightwing's presence on the Batgirls cover, Barbara's presence in the title so far, and the general description of Shadow of the Bat... it sounds like Dick's role over the next year will be as a head of the Bat-family during Bruce's absence in Gotham: especially involved in a family-like unit with Barbara in charge of the Batgirls.

    And that's just something I don't want to see. I know a lot of people have been looking forward to the Batgirls book for a long time, but to be honest I think it looks pretty horrid and infantilizing of the two younger characters. It seems almost like the Robins book as a caricatureized series without too much depth or seriousness like the Robins. And as someone who is not really a fan of those characters in general, I would prefer that it had no involvement with Dick's book. In-fact, I'd prefer Dick's book have little to no involvement with Gotham in general as a rule.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  6. #2781
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,092

    Default

    Now I'm thinking about possible Shadow of the Bat tie-ins for Nightwing.

  7. #2782
    Incredible Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ok, so with Barbara being obviously a supporting character in Batgirls... does that mean that we'll keep getting her in Nightwing? I hope not, but that would explain why Redondo designed a new costume for her.



    Recent Robin issue is perfect example of that to me. Pages with Damian and Dick were amazing, but once we got Tim, Jason or Steph it suffered a lot.
    I just wish that DC would stop telling me who a character is and start showing me instead...in general. It's so annoying.
    Bruce Wayne is a good man? Okay, then stop writing him as an abusive asshole who never apologizes.
    Dick is the heart of DC? Okay, then let him interact with the rest of the DC universe again.
    Tim is the smartest? How about writing him as an actual smart person instead of just telling us that he is or writing everyone around him as a dumbass?
    Just to name a few examples.
    Those claims feel so lazy and empty when they just get thrown around with little (recent) material to back them up.

  8. #2783
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Honestly with the prominence of the Batgirl squad in Nightwing for the Fear State crossover, recent Bruno art of Steph and Cass (he's not on the event), Nightwing's presence on the Batgirls cover, Barbara's presence in the title so far, and the general description of Shadow of the Bat... it sounds like Dick's role over the next year will be as a head of the Bat-family during Bruce's absence in Gotham: especially involved in a family-like unit with Barbara in charge of the Batgirls.

    And that's just something I don't want to see. I know a lot of people have been looking forward to the Batgirls book for a long time, but to be honest I think it looks pretty horrid and infantilizing of the two younger characters. It seems almost like the Robins book as a caricatureized series without too much depth or seriousness like the Robins. And as someone who is not really a fan of those characters in general, I would prefer that it had no involvement with Dick's book. In-fact, I'd prefer Dick's book have little to no involvement with Gotham in general as a rule.
    I expect Taylor to write them very quippy in Nightwing.

  9. #2784
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,334

  10. #2785
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Nightwing #87 plays out as one continuous, spectacular image.

    https://www.polygon.com/comics/22677...redondo-covers

    Crazy stuff!



  11. #2786
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,403

    Default

    Redondo should do an artbook...

  12. #2787
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing #87 plays out as one continuous, spectacular image.

    https://www.polygon.com/comics/22677...redondo-covers

    Crazy stuff!


    Wow that is awesome.

    Regardless of how you feel about the current run, you have to appreciate the ambition from both Taylor and Redondo.

  13. #2788
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing #87 plays out as one continuous, spectacular image.

    https://www.polygon.com/comics/22677...redondo-covers

    Crazy stuff!


    This is why this run is special. Its one thing just to have Redondo on art, but it’s something else to recognize the level he’s performing and then incorporate it like this. Writers don’t always know when to step back and let their artist tell the story.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-16-2021 at 11:24 AM.

  14. #2789
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nightwing is the only book that I have bought 2nd and 3rd printings of issues because Redondo's covers just get better and better.

  15. #2790
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,951

    Default

    At least they are aware that Redondo is the driving force behind the book over Taylor's story and are letting Redondo flex his muscles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •