Page 97 of 270 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4044

Its not that Tim needs this in universe, but Tim as a character needs to be proped up because he isn't very good or interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Its not that Tim needs this in universe, but Tim as a character needs to be proped up because he isn't very good or interesting character.
    I think it's less that and more just how DC's been squandering or not doing right by Tim for a while, but I guess how you look at it depends on you personal opinion of Tim as a character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Such a nice art wasted in such an aggressively mediocre story. It's so stuck in the 90's that forgot Demian existed.
    Well Damian technically left the Bat family for now and can’t be traced so I think Tim’s use works well for this issue.

Plus Tom Taylor did have ppl on Twitter asking for Tim so he gave some fan service. But NGL I felt the 90s/00s vibe and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Well Damian technically left the Bat family for now and can’t be traced so I think Tim’s use works well for this issue.

Plus Tom Taylor did have ppl on Twitter asking for Tim so he gave some fan service. But NGL I felt the 90s/00s vibe and loved it.
    It's a regression. I hate it. It'ss so unambitious, and boring and average. Just a staled waste of characters and art in nothing but fanservice, all in a time where DC only seems to have value as a IP generator, why would they keep the book around when is the same story from 3 decades ago?

Bruno Redondo is ridiculously talented. The art is just phenomenal. I thought this issue was much better than the last 2. Was Brutale in the tournament with Robin? I can't remember. Heartless looks cool.

I could have done with out the Tim is the best thing but I do think that's something Dick might believe, If that makes sense.

I loved this issue. Redondo is killing it on art. Did anyone else catch what was on Dick’s coffee mug?

I’ve said it many times but Nightwing desperately needs some more rogues. Heartless is off to a pretty good start. Great design.

I think Taylor and Williamson’s editors should have had a discussion about Damian and Dick both dealing with new characters that rip out hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'd say that there's at least a 50/50 chance that Tom Taylor does that in the very next issue of Nightwing. And a 60/40 chance that Tom King would also write something like this.

Welp you called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I loved, best issue of the three we had until now.
    Also, i really like the new ways Redondo is using the escrima sticks.
    The new addition of having them turn into a Bo is a great touch esp with that being Tim signature weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The new addition of having them turn into a Bo is a great touch esp with that being Tim signature weapon.
    And Dick having used a bo-staff in adaptions several times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I loved this issue. Redondo is killing it on art. Did anyone else catch what was on Dick’s coffee mug?

I’ve said it many times but Nightwing desperately needs some more rogues. Heartless is off to a pretty good start. Great design.

I think Taylor and Williamson’s editors should have had a discussion about Damian and Dick both dealing with new characters that rip out hearts.
    Thought so as well when I saw what Flatline does. It's also quite amusing to me that there is a Wonder Woman: Heartless audio book being released right now.

Anyway, Heartless seems to operate quite differently. And his victims were all men so far. I think Flatline doesn't have a murder preference.

Maybe Flatline also knows that she can get away with it because of where she is... I mean, there's a reason they call the organisers the League of LAZARUS. Anyone who dies in the tournament just gets a dip in a Lazarus Pit spoilers:
    (which I'm sure we'll see happen to Damian in Robin #2).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    To be fair, what Dick says in response to the cops asking about leaving the BPD is spoilers:
    that there were "too many criminals", which to me sounds a lot like Dick taking a jab at the actual police force instead of Bludhaven.
    end of spoilers If that means Dick's going to have an interesting relationship with the BPD as Dick Grayson (and not just as Nightwing), that's good news to me.
    Doesn't Dick already have three friends on the force, even disregarding his colleagues from his own time as a cop? Three of the Ric era Nightwings were cops (the fourth was a firefighter).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-19-2021 at 02:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Those were the Cabbie’s “friends”, not Dick’s. Part of the point of a run like this is to get people to try and forget about the Ric era.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Oh yeah, Adam West Batman with the bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Those were the Cabbie’s “friends”, not Dick’s. Part of the point of a run like this is to get people to try and forget about the Ric era.
    All the more reason to bring back Malloy and Amy and to not forget that Svoboda exists.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    All the more reason to bring back Malloy and Amy and to not forget that Svoboda exists.
    If he continues down the road of activism then they might show up eventually