Page 88 of 270 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Titans show is not going to end yet and she isn't going anywhere else.
    never said it was ending but transforming

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    So you are saying they sacrificated The Titans so Jason could have a show, and the best Dick can hope is be forever Babs little boyfriend.

The future never has looked so bleak. (At least marvel is doing intersting things, since DC is a lost)
    you call that bleak? 80 years and nightwing has never graced the big screen, if thats what gets him infront of the mainstream I'll take it. If it gets him the name recognition that leads to more opportunity for him I'll take it.

The titans are not be sacrificed, they proably going through a shift, with hawk and dove leaving, It seemed that we would have Nightwing and Star leading the teen heroes, but their spending so much time in Gotham, I feel dick might be needed to stay in the city

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Polyamorous or not, yeah. That Dick, who's seen and done practically everything over 80 years, is stuck being Batman or Daredevil but generally with a less interesting setting and supporting characters is laughable. Dick should be going all over the place, even if Bludhaven is his homebase, so yeah Kory fits. If anything, it just opens up the book to be more interesting. Other countries, other dimensions, planets, timelines, etc., should all be possible for a Nightwing book but apparently Dick is not allowed to be anything he wasn't when written by Dixon. 70+ years of publication history just doesn't matter to DC lol.

Didn't mean to get so negative, but I can't help it whenever the topic changes to Dick being stuck at street-level with no variation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Nightwing shouldn't be a street level, grounded book in the first place (in my opinion) so it wouldn't be a barrier in my mind; rather it would open up Dick's narrative to the kind of higher concept stories I want to see him get into more often.

One of the great things about Nightwing, which DC almost always ignores, is that he stretches into different genres and scenarios better than damn near anyone. Nightwing in a street level, pulp-y murder mystery? Makes perfect sense, Batman is basically his dad. Nightwing in deep space fighting Gordanian slavers? Makes perfect sense, Superman is basically his uncle and Dick nearly married a alien princess. In my opinion, Dick fits more easily into sci-fi and high concept adventures better than Bruce does.
    I can't disagree with any of this. My ideal Nightwing would be one where Dick Grayson can go anywhere and show up anywhere including space and other dimensions. However, most Batman editors are insistent on the Nightwing title being grounded and street level.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Starfire doesn't fit into that world. She is a character that lacks utility and can't fit into a lot of typical Nightwing stories. Like the most recent issue of Nightwing where Dick and Babs go out on a "date" to get some pizza in casual clothes can't happen with Starfire. She sticks out too much. It is one of the reasons why Babs has been Dick's main love interest for over 20 years now. She fits into the more typical Nightwing/Batman styled stories that DC wants to push. Dick's love life mirrors the kind of stories DC wants to use him in. He's had more normal or grounded love interest for the last 20+ years because those are the kind of stories they want to tell with him, and he hasn't really been in that many large non-grounded/space/fantasy stories so you are limited in how to use Starfire, or characters like her, as a love interest.
    I don't know, Kory blends in just fine if you ask me:

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    you call that bleak? 80 years and nightwing has never graced the big screen, if thats what gets him infront of the mainstream I'll take it. If it gets him the name recognition that leads to more opportunity for him I'll take it.

The titans are not be sacrificed, they proably going through a shift, with hawk and dove leaving, It seemed that we would have Nightwing and Star leading the teen heroes, but their spending so much time in Gotham, I feel dick might be needed to stay in the city
    Extremely. 80 years of existence and he is reduced to Babs love interest. If he is going to be stuck as a sidecki better be Batman's sidekick. (If he is in that thing, he is going to be braindead)

So only Dick is being sacrificed? Awesome, that's better. Dick would be having scary alucinations, again, while the young Titans go to have actual adventures.

I can't believe they butchered Trigon and Deathstroke and now they are going to spend a season on Jason's melodrama, it never ocurred to me that one day the Red Hood origen was going to be Dick's problem. The batfamily is the gift that keeps on giving. But hey, Jason would have his show, becuse what we need is more bat shows. And looking at what they did with NTT material, they are going to be done with the outlaws in a month.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 05-02-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't know, Kory blends in just fine if you ask me:

The top image isn't from the comic DCU and is from that Raven OGN artist, right? And based more off the Teen Titans cartoon where Starfire is made to look a lot more human. She doesn't look like that in the main DCU. The bottom image is from the 80s where the writing was a lot different, but also Starfire there does stick out. The people around them are staring at them because of Starfire. So I don't think she would really fit in more consistent grounded settings like that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The top image isn't from the comic DCU and is from that Raven OGN artist, right? And based more off the Teen Titans cartoon where Starfire is made to look a lot more human. She doesn't look like that in the main DCU. The bottom image is from the 80s where the writing was a lot different, but also Starfire there does stick out. The people around them are staring at them because of Starfire. So I don't think she would really fit in more consistent grounded settings like that.
    They are more likely staring at Starfire because she's statuesque hottie, not because she looks like an alien.

She's 6ft tall and is orange. She literally shines.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not in the artwork back then, but yeah the orange skin is a giveaway.

But the looks the men in those particular scans are giving are first and foremost "check out the hottie."

Writers can writer whatever they want, but it obviously would look "fake" to readers if Starfire wasn't attracting unwanted attention. But is that really a problem? Dick and Babs going out for some fast food was fine, but its not like we can't get different stuff from Nightwing. And its not like every single issue would have to feature Starfire, last I checked the book is still called Nightwing and Babs should be packing her bags about now.

Dick and Kory went out all the time while they were together. Dick went out in disguise more often than Kory. Her attracting unwanted attention is imo an incredibly small issue. Writers ignore more important stuff, they could easily ignore this. Kory wasn't even recognized as Starfire in her own solo as far as I remember. I also don't think Blüdhaveners are overly interested in the Titans. Hell, currently, they can't even recognize their own hero when he stands a step in front of them. Even though multiple versions of Nightwing were running around for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Writers can writer whatever they want, but it obviously would look "fake" to readers if Starfire wasn't attracting unwanted attention. But is that really a problem? Dick and Babs going out for some fast food was fine, but its not like we can't get different stuff from Nightwing. And its not like every single issue would have to feature Starfire, last I checked the book is still called Nightwing and Babs should be packing her bags about now.
    Yep.

I think with Taylor having major control with Dick's character and what Dick said in the Titans....it's safe to say which direction it's going in.

I think so many characters in Titans Academy, the focus point won't be that much on Dick, so I do focus on his solo for his character stuff, and really I don't get the vibe Babs is going anywhere anytime soon. She's very much ingrained into the new title.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So? You guys elected an orange President.

Touché.

Ugh, don't remind me lol

Astonishing Member

I don't really see why Taylor has any obligation to follow whats going on in Titans. Especially if Nightwing ends up being the bigger book in the end. Isn't continuity suppose to be loosey goosey now anyways?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory