Page 143 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 4044

You guys think we will get a Nightwing animated movie or at least a Dick Grayson animated movie with the new universe?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think we will get a Nightwing animated movie or at least a Dick Grayson animated movie with the new universe?
    We can dream, most movies are just outline's of what they would like to do in live action
    so hopefully

Don't believe so, nope!

Extraordinary Member

I think even if they would do a Dick centric movie it would have still either Batman or Titans in the Title. Since those are just the Bigger brands.

I mean they allready did that a number of Times:
    - Son of Batman (and to a Degree also Batman vs. Robin and the Titans movies) and essentally a Damian movie
    - Batman: Bad Blood was iirc Dick centric (but I might remember that wrong)
    - Death in the Family had Jason as the main character
    - Batman: Soul of the Dragon was also more a Richard Dragon movie

Yeah, Nightwing isn't a big enough brand to get its own movie I'd think. Why make a Nightwing one when they can just make a Batman movie instead? Or they will just fold him into a Titans movie. Aahz summed it up well. The opportunities Dick got to be the focus of a movie he ended up getting pushed to a supporting role even when he was being Batman. Like Dick taking over as Batman could have been a big movie, but they decided to focus on Damian as Robin instead. Same with the Court of Owls. Somehow even that ended up being a Damian movie if I remember correctly, lol. Though I get in the New 52 movies Damian was kind of their main focus.

Nightwing just doesn't have many stories that would translate well into an animated movie I think. Dick's best shot at getting a movie is maybe him being the focus of a Dark Victory animated movie. Since DC is animating the Long Halloween movie now and maybe Dark Victory will be a sequel, but I don't know.

DC just has not done a good enough job of building up Nightwing as a solo brand. But at this point I don't believe Dc even what's too. There happy with dick as a mid tier
    batman support character and to be truthful I believe most nightwing fans are happy with it also.

As long as Nightwing is in Gotham/Bludhaven with the batfamily and babs fighting some bat villains from time to time most Nightwing fans are happy, so I don't blame dc.

Thinking about all the convenient coincidences and perfect timing considering Melinda's birth... wouldn't it be logical for Dick to try to contact Raptor and ask him if any of it actually happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Then Melinda and her mom go back to Bludhaven after attempting reuniting with Dick’s dad before realizing he is with Mary now. So they settle in Bludhaven where Melinda grows up and gets involved with the politics and the mob because of her connection with Zucco, and is now going to be the new mayor of Bludhaven?
    I don't get how that is even supposed to work. Earlier issue said that she was raised by Maroni crime family, but this one ends with the idea that they just ran away from Zucco. How would they end up with Maroni family? Why would that family even take them in? I'm sure that someone can write an explanation on how it all played out, but from what we have seen so far it doesn't really connect for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    DC just has not done a good enough job of building up Nightwing as a solo brand.
    Even with more investment I don't see them make a Nightwing movie without Batman (even if Batman ends up with a smaller role), simply because the Batman brand is just that strong.

I mean they also put Batman in Justice League Dark and in "Assault on Arkham" (which was essentially a Suicide Squad Movie).

And the other Question is of course if there is an Nightwing story, that is popular enough and has the right length for a movie. I mean most of the Direct to DVD DC makes are at least loose adaptations of popular comic story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thinking about all the convenient coincidences and perfect timing considering Melinda's birth... wouldn't it be logical for Dick to try to contact Raptor and ask him if any of it actually happened?

I don't get how that is even supposed to work. Earlier issue said that she was raised by Maroni crime family, but this one ends with the idea that they just ran away from Zucco. How would they end up with Maroni family? Why would that family even take them in? I'm sure that someone can write an explanation on how it all played out, but from what we have seen so far it doesn't really connect for me.
    Dick probably would ask Raptor if the story wouldn't conveniently ignore everything that isn't the Ric arc and has nothing to do with the barest of bones of Dick's character.

Though there could be the assumption by Dick that Raptor is still dead. Maybe we'll get the answer to that next month in Robin.

I liked Melinda in Taylor's first Issue but by now she really is one of the most convenient characters ever. I hope (at least) half of what's been revealed so far is a lie.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Honestly the only Dick focused story likely to get a movie adaption is his run as Batman.

The only time people mention "brand" when it comes to movies is with Nightwing. But we live in a world where Bloodshot and Morbius have movies.

The only reason they don't make a Nightwing movie is because Warner is incompetend. Marvel made movies about Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and now the Eternals. Nightwing concept is not harder to sell than any of thoses, he is the Robin who grew-up, it's the universal story about leving your parents home.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

@Drako
    I was referring to animated Direct-to-DVD-movies, not theatrical live action.

That's a different and way more niche market.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Don't know about the current lore but in Dark Victory, Zucco works for Maroni.
    Now that I mentioned it, since Dark Victory is one of Dick's origin, I think they did read it, and if that's the case the way it make sense is the safest place to be away from Zucco would be going up.
    Can't touch the boss' woman.
    It does sound kinda funny if Mei went from one mob boss' bride to another, but maybe Maroni's more decent. What I remember from Maroni he is a higher class man than Zucco since he's a boss of his own family, while Zucco's more like a thug.... or that Maroni's eyeing Mei too and found her first while she's on the run with the promse to keep them safe, who knows.

The first question WB exec would ask when someone pitch it will be why should we do this when we can do Batman
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-26-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, Nightwing isn't a big enough brand to get its own movie I'd think. Why make a Nightwing one when they can just make a Batman movie instead? Or they will just fold him into a Titans movie. Aahz summed it up well. The opportunities Dick got to be the focus of a movie he ended up getting pushed to a supporting role even when he was being Batman. Like Dick taking over as Batman could have been a big movie, but they decided to focus on Damian as Robin instead. Same with the Court of Owls. Somehow even that ended up being a Damian movie if I remember correctly, lol. Though I get in the New 52 movies Damian was kind of their main focus.

Nightwing just doesn't have many stories that would translate well into an animated movie I think. Dick's best shot at getting a movie is maybe him being the focus of a Dark Victory animated movie. Since DC is animating the Long Halloween movie now and maybe Dark Victory will be a sequel, but I don't know.
    Battle for the cowl would be the storyline I can see as a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think even if they would do a Dick centric movie it would have still either Batman or Titans in the Title. Since those are just the Bigger brands.

I mean they allready did that a number of Times:
    - Son of Batman (and to a Degree also Batman vs. Robin and the Titans movies) and essentally a Damian movie
    - Batman: Bad Blood was iirc Dick centric (but I might remember that wrong)
    - Death in the Family had Jason as the main character
    - Batman: Soul of the Dragon was also more a Richard Dragon movie
    He was effectively the lead of Bad Blood. I'd say he was also one of the central characters of Judas Contract.