Page 38 of 270 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I don't know how to feel about comic reviews. Most of them give way too high scores in my opinion. I've read so many issues that were just okay, or in some cases straight up bad and messy only to see them get 10/10 reviews online.
    I know a lot of stuff comes down to personal taste, but a 10/10? Really? For what? And for so many stories?
    Most comic reviews don't seem all that helpful to me because of those reasons.
    And this is why I don't put much stock in them. But I'm still gonna take it as a good sign that there's a bunch of reviews and they're all good. After the last few years I'll take any positive thing I can reach, even if it's a stretch.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I understand all the arguments against, but in- universe, you are either a Leaguer or something less. Dick needs to wind up there. Bruce can leave.

Anyone got to read this? I think it's available in the DC Universe Infinite but this service is for US only.

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-fly...em-live-comic/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I understand all the arguments against, but in- universe, you are either a Leaguer or something less. Dick needs to wind up there. Bruce can leave.
    Bruce doesn't have to leave but yes its way passed time nightwing joins the big leagues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Bruce doesn't have to leave but yes its way passed time nightwing joins the big leagues.
    Meh the JL is either super
    Exclusive or a free for all it not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Meh the JL is either super
    Exclusive or a free for all it not a big deal
    Bigger than any other superhero team in the dcu, teen titans has be a superhero daycare.

Extraordinary Member

Bigger than any other superhero team in the dcu, teen titans has be a superhero daycare.
    Meh
    It’s used to spotlight new characters
    Don’t expect dick on it

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Meh
    It’s used to spotlight new characters
    Don’t expect dick on it
    Just have donna (the heart of the titans) run the school and let dick move up. Dick's solo is about to be very grounded so give him a team book that's very epic in nature.

Would be cool if dick and wally relaunch JLA.

I don't think the normal JL is a good place for Dick. I'd rather see him among JL International or United. Because, yes, globetrotting. After whatever Checkmate will do, Tiger and Dick could work together again and establish such a team. Of course, I have no illusions that such a thing would ever happen. Especially not while we don't even know if Dick will in any way retain his connections to Spyral in a meaningful way.

I think as of now TTA is a pretty good place to be. I hope Dick gets his arc there once Deathstroke Inc. comes into play. For once, a Titans writer seems interested in giving some spotlight to Dick, which is satisfying to see, and I hope it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Anyone got to read this? I think it's available in the DC Universe Infinite but this service is for US only.

Nope. But I am awaiting its release on Comixology. DC said that'll take about 30 days when they announced Let Them Live.

The last writer to do something great with Nightwing liked Taylor first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Seeley
    Got a sneak at the beginning of @TomTaylorMade 's new NIGHTWING run with ish 78! Tom and Bruno are doing the stuff I wanted to see in Nightwing story... personal moments, lots of good-natured heroism, and neon Bludhaven! RECOMMENDED!
    https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...91885604581377

I found this tweet here interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by RCDC
    Jealous of anything you read that u wished you had thought of when you were writing the title?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Seeley
    Probably jealous a little that we were probably working under a different set of rules. What Rebirth and Infinite Frontier set as goals is pretty different.
    https://twitter.com/FallenLantern92/...18369522147333

And Kyle Higgins:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Higgins
    I’m very excited that a good creative team finally has some creative freedom on Nightwing
    https://twitter.com/KyleDHiggins/sta...26749829472261

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Higgins
    It’s not really a secret. And I say it with no malice. But ask any Nightwing writer of the last ten years what their experience was like, and you’ll get similar answers.
    https://twitter.com/KyleDHiggins/sta...31074068783108
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Really encouraged to hear that bludhaven is neon! Also, I’m hopeful to hear about the creative freedom. Higgins was right, that was absolutely no secret at all.
    Last edited by dropkickjake; 02-24-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Really encouraged to hear that bludhaven is neon! Also, I’m hopeful heard about the creative freedom. Higgins was right, that was absolutely no secret at all.
    If Seeley gives this a thumbs up, it's pretty much a fact it's gonna be worth reading. That guy is one of the few writers of the last decade who really seemed to not only understand Dick as a character, but his position and role in the wider DCU, and knew how to grow that into something even bigger. That DC tied his hands behind his back is one of the great lost opportunities of DC these past ten years.

Only way it could possibly be better is if dropkick and I were writing it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Uh, yeah. It was kind of amazing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Well I just hope that they can make nightwing different from all the other bats out there.

How do you think they'll make nightwing more relevant and important in the greater dcu?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well I just hope that they can make nightwing different from all the other bats out there.

How do you think they'll make nightwing more relevant and important in the greater dcu?
    The most important seat right now is The Totality, the combination of Justice League and Legion of Doom to combat threats on the level of Perpetua and Batman Who Laughs, but that's even more elite than the League, whose only known Bat members right now is Batman and Talia, representing Justice and Doom respectively

The set up after Dark Nights Metal, where Dick leads the Titans to train new emerging metahumans is very important, but they screw it up by framing it as Titans second chance to fix their mistake instead of an important task in general

Other ideas would be him leading a branch of Justice League similar to how Cyborg leads Justice League Odyssey, for what task I do not know

The idea of Dick being the lead spy of DCU can work, but only if they have plot relevant to the whole DCU that involves other books as well, because there is no spy corner of the DCU. Grayson was the only book.

Even in Titans or even in a Justice League, if the other books or universe are not involved, it's just gonna be their own corner, and Justice League Odyssey tanked harder than Titans.