Page 67 of 270 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. If we do get more of him in animated movies what Titans or Batfam arcs would they go for.? My only issue is how nefted he is in Batfam and Titans. He is one of the best friends
    What dick needs next is more standalone content as a solo hero to go to that next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They both had stints as secret agents, that’s definitely something that could be explored.
    Wonder Woman/Nightwing worlds finest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What dick needs next is more standalone content as a solo hero to go to that next level.
    That’s why I think battle for the cowl is good
    Idea for an animated movie. He doesn’t become Batman untill the end. So he is Nightwing though out 80% of it in Gotham surrounded by A list villains. I can see Warner be sold on the idea becuase it will sell. It will also give Dick the big solo mainstream moment he needs

I think that Seeley's Nightwing run really collapsed due to being forced to bring back Bludhaven. In the end he practically destroyed everything that he created as well. So I hope that Robins win and this will redeem him, at least in my eyes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that Seeley's Nightwing run really collapsed due to being forced to bring back Bludhaven. In the end he practically destroyed everything that he created as well. So I hope that Robins win and this will redeem him, at least in my eyes.
    Yeah you could really tell his heart wasn't in the Bludhaven stuff. The first and third arcs were the best, we needed way more of that stuff.

A good example of enforced 90s/2000s nostalgia capable of being just as potentially stifling as any Bronze age nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah you could really tell his heart wasn't in the Bludhaven stuff. The first and third arcs were the best, we needed way more of that stuff.
    Oh yeah, third arc was solid, completely forgot about it when I listed my favourite stuff in that DC Rebirth thread.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Oh yeah, third arc was solid, completely forgot about it when I listed my favourite stuff in that DC Rebirth thread.
    Was the third arc the Dr Hurt one, with Damian and Pyg? I liked that at the time, but it's frustrating how it seems to have been compromised to fit into Metal.

I liked what Seeley was initially doing with Bludhaven with Shawn, Svoboda, a more street-level story channeled through Seeley's writing style...etc.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Was the third arc the Dr Hurt one, with Damian and Pyg? I liked that at the time, but it's frustrating how it seems to have been compromised to fit into Metal.
    Yes, it does feel compromised a bit and is weaker than first arc, but it is still probably second best arc that we got in this volume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked what Seeley was initially doing with Bludhaven with Shawn, Svoboda, a more street-level story channeled through Seeley's writing style...etc.

But that's just me.
    It was a lot of fun, Shawn was one of his more memorable love intrested and the arcs were fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It was a lot of fun, Shawn was one of his more memorable love intrested and the arcs were fun
    Shawn was cool and all, but i wouldn't say she is memorable.

What was memorable was the melt down some people had when she thought she was pregnant. LOL Funny days.

Better than Batman, Nightwing must die and Raptor's Revenge was Seeley best work on Nightwing.

If i had to rank this book by arcs before the Ric stuff it would be like this:

1 - Better than Batman
    2 - Raptor's Revenge
    3 - Nightwing must die
    4 - The Untouchable
    5 - Blockbuster
    6 - Back to Bludhaven
    7 - The Bleeding Edge

The Bleeding Edge didn't even had a proper ending (which was a shame tho) so it get the last spot.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Shawn was cool and all, but i wouldn't say she is memorable.

What was memorable was the melt down some people had when she thought she was pregnant. LOL Funny days.

Better than Batman, Nightwing must die and Raptor's Revenge was Seeley best work on Nightwing.

If i had to rank this book by arcs before the Ric stuff it would be like this:

1 - Better than Batman
    2 - Raptor's Revenge
    3 - Nightwing must die
    4 - The Untouchable
    5 - Blockbuster
    6 - Back to Bludhaven
    7 - The Bleeding Edge

The Bleeding Edge didn't even had a proper ending (which was a shame tho) so it get the last spot.
    That's how I feel about those arcs too. The Untouchable would be higher for me if it had gotten more consistent art. Do the last two Issues of Percy's run count as part of The Bleeding Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

A good example of enforced 90s/2000s nostalgia capable of being just as potentially stifling as any Bronze age nostalgia.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. If we do get more of him in animated movies what Titans or Batfam arcs would they go for.? My only issue is how nefted he is in Batfam and Titans. He is one of the best friends
    I would love an adapted Nightwing or Grayson arc. There really are enough to choose from. Better than Batman would be my first choice. It ties into his origin without being redundant. Thinking about it, it kind of mirrors how the Nightwing mini led into the first ongoing. Both arcs have ties to his origin and don't need Blüdhaven.

As for the seemingly new animated verse, I hope we get Dark Victory next, where Dick is introduced. Robin: Year One could easily spin out of that. Then one or two Titans, guest appearance in another Batman, in a highly likely Batgirl Year One, and in JL or Superman to connect him to Supes, then Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That's how I feel about those arcs too. The Untouchable would be higher for me if it had gotten more consistent art. Do the last two Issues of Percy's run count as part of The Bleeding Edge?

This.

I would love an adapted Nightwing or Grayson arc. There really are enough to choose from. Better than Batman would be my first choice. It ties into his origin without being redundant. Thinking about it, it kind of mirrors how the Nightwing mini led into the first ongoing. Both arcs have ties to his origin and don't need Blüdhaven.

As for the seemingly new animated verse, I hope we get Dark Victory next, where Dick is introduced. Robin: Year One could easily spin out of that. Then one or two Titans, guest appearance in another Batman, in a highly likely Batgirl Year One, and in JL or Superman to connect him to Supes, then Nightwing.
    Again we come to the issue of the spy world being undeveloped in DC. They don’t have a SHIELD or SWORD
    Spyral must high profile member is Huntress and she left it to be a vigilantee in Gotham as soon as they became irrelevant. DC as a whole has to build some kind of underground division for the spy angle to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Yeah, he went to that weird race against Flamingo and Silencer in issue #48 and #49 to find clues about the "Dark Web". He found some stuff, but it was cut short cause in the very next issue he was Ric.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, he went to that weird race against Flamingo and Silencer in issue #48 and #49 to find clues about the "Dark Web". He found some stuff, but it was cut short cause in the very next issue he was Ric.
    They should've had Batgirl finish off that story. Babs would've known what Dick had been investigating, as they were in regular contact.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman