Page 10 of 270 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Wait it's the costume Dick wearing based on one of his older costumes?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-12-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wait it's the costume Dick wearing based on one of his older costumes? I also have to wonder why does there have to be conflict with Kori. They already bash Kori multiple times does she need this one
    The conflict is that he stopped act like he used to and she started acting cold with him, there is no bashing of her.

I'm curious what kind if influence you think Deathstroke will have on Dick?

I don't know. But i'm hoping that they can at least re-establish Dick's connection with Slade in the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't know. But i'm hoping that they can at least re-establish Dick's connection with Slade in the main continuity.
    It's about time they do. As good as Priest was for Slade, his distate for Dick still came through when he was forced to write about their connection during the Lazarus Contract.

I wonder if the Deathstroke & Nightwing connection was also one of Didio's no-goes. Dick's writers seemed to want to re-introduce that or at least acknowledge that they have history. When Clayface attacked Dick in Higgins' run one of his forms was Slade and in Grayson Slade was one of the target practice boards.

I just hope Sheridan doesn't only get his inspiration from the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It's about time they do. As good as Priest was for Slade, his distate for Dick still came through when he was forced to write about their connection during the Lazarus Contract.

I wonder if the Deathstroke & Nightwing connection was also one of Didio's no-goes. Dick's writers seemed to want to re-introduce that or at least acknowledge that they have history. When Clayface attacked Dick in Higgins' run one of his forms was Slade and in Grayson Slade was one of the target practice boards.

I just hope Sheridan doesn't only get his inspiration from the TV show.
    He made Raven say "Azarath. Metrion. Zinthos." and i can only remember her saying this one other time in the comics. Looks like the Cartoon will be a huge inspiration for him.

I was worried about how he would portray them, but as far as characterizations goes, it looked normal in the flashbacks

The only Deathwing(I can remember) would be Mirage's son. But who could this new character be since Mirage hasn't been seen in a while

The only Deathwing(I can remember) would be Mirage's son. But who could this new character be since Mirage hasn't been seen in a while
    Which new character?

Nightwing'll be in this anthology.

https://twitter.com/drinkpinkink/sta...91571599773696

The second to last comic with that trade dress, right? Green Lantern Season 2 #12 being the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The escrima look interesting, Mostert already drew them that way in the death metal tie-in, but I thought that was an apocalypse thing. So we still have the old logos here, huh? Kinda makes me miss Kory's solo. I hope the writer takes inspiration from that DickKory story and the recent JL metal tie-in. They shouldn't be uncomfortable in each other's presence. (ngl that "oh" is giving me anxiety, lol)
    Old logo makes sense as that's out in February, so before the new logo debuts.

He had already dropped college, so around 18, 19.
    Yeah, it was shortly before he turned 20.

LOL Another persona for Dick in canon now.

Dick Grayson: Robin, Nightwing, The Target, Red X, Batman, Agent 37 Appreciation thread.
    Target?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Target?

He made Raven say "Azarath. Metrion. Zinthos." and i can only remember her saying this one other time in the comics. Looks like the Cartoon will be a huge inspiration for him.

I was worried about how he would portray them, but as far as characterizations goes, it looked normal in the flashbacks
    Now that you mention it, even when the cartoon was at the height of its popularity, I can't recall how many times Raven has actually said the full phrase in the comics.

Which new character?
    Deathwing. So unless they are being up Mirage's son again, I'm curious

We also meet someone who we refer to as "Deathwing," because he is an amalgam of Deathstroke and Nightwing. This was something I really wanted to do. When we first started talking about Future State, one of my initial questions was regarding Dick and his inclusion in this book.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-12-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Deathwing. So unless they are being up Mirage's son again, I'm curious
    That's just Dick Grayson acting more stoic, they don't even call him that in the book.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-12-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Wait. I been wondering about this for a bit. I know we have Bludhaven but why is it that Jump City has never been an idea for Dick to live? I know that Titans are in NYC but we also have the cartoon that places them in Jump City

Astonishing Member

Didn't hate Future State: Titans - didn't hate it at all. Everyone had a decent voice, it's big and bold, nobody got screwed over...

Taylor's "Nightwing" is where my money's on for The Good Stuff, but I have an optimistic eye on Titans Academy now.