Page 85 of 270 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4044
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    So....uuh
    Dick is now in a polygamous relationship or what?
    wth man.... these writers nowadays smh. First Marvel now DC...
    I think where it's going is that Dick and Babs can't have sex because one hard thrust might unfuse her spine. (The whole fragile spine thing is going to be a major plot device with Babs going forward). Kory is just providing what Babs can't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I think where it's going is that Dick and Babs can't have sex because one hard thrust might unfuse her spine. (The whole fragile spine thing is going to be a major plot device with Babs going forward). Kory is just providing what Babs can't.
    That’s not not........ sex is not comparable too jumping off rooftops and fighting joker type villains.

Also what is this take “she is providing somthing the other can’t” like it’s product.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So I can see "why not Dinah?"
    Because Dinah basically has already her definitive love interest in Green Arrow since the Bronze Age?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick of steel, spine of kleenex

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Lagging behind? Is there some competition going?
    I mean, sort of yeah. The Big 2 have been trying to diversify for ages and elevate characters from minority groups. It's not exactly a competition, but neither wants to be seen as the company lagging behind the other when it comes to representation, and Marvel has Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean in a poly dynamic now (I guess? Not reading the X-books).

As for Tamaraneans being more flexible, would anyone actually look at this that way? I mean sure, hardcores could say you know in issue X it was revealed they are ok with such things and so on, but to casual reader it would just look like some obscure comics lore that doesn't matter.
    I don't think it takes a deep knowledge of Tamaranean culture to look at Kori in the comics and come to the conclusion that her views on sexuality are different from most humans'.

Regardless of how deep the precedent goes, the real challenge would be getting people to accept a poly relationship. That's still pretty fringe for a lot of folks, and something they don't really get. Kori fans, I think, would probably be the easiest to sell on the idea, but I feel like Babs' fans would riot at the thought, and Dick's fans....who knows?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Because Dinah basically has already her definitive love interest in Green Arrow since the Bronze Age?
    That's another YMMV situation. Not everybody who likes Dinah/BOP also likes Ollie.

I think those that ship Black Canary/Oracle are a vocal minority compared to those who ship (or are at least used to) Black Canary/GA, but still. Also helps that Dinah was broken up with Ollie during sections of the BOP run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Regardless of how deep the precedent goes, the real challenge would be getting people to accept a poly relationship. That's still pretty fringe for a lot of folks, and something they don't really get. Kori fans, I think, would probably be the easiest to sell on the idea, but I feel like Babs' fans would riot at the thought, and Dick's fans....who knows?
    I think one of the key things that would help the idea go over would be to devote sufficient time to developing Kory and Babs's relationship with each other and what it means to them for themselves. Because otherwise it's going to just be a typical male fantasy with Dick scoring with two hot women who are each crazy over him, but don't have any meaningful impact for each other, essentially turning them into prizes/objects.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 04-30-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That’s not [it]........ sex is not comparable too jumping off rooftops and fighting joker type villains.

Also what is this take “she is providing somthing the other can’t” like it’s product.
    That's not how I would play the story (and I never would've written in "fragile spine" for Babs in the first place), but I don't trust the DC writers to do better. So that's my prediction for what will go down.

As for the last line in your post, I hope I'm not breaking any news here but sex is very important in a relationship. It's not a "product" (and I don't know where you got that idea) but it is a necessary component of an intimate couples relationship.

I think where it's going is that Dick and Babs can't h
    ave sex because one hard thrust might unfuse her spine. (The whole fragile spine thing is going to be a major plot device with Babs going forward). Kory is just providing what Babs can't.
    I...highly doubt that.
    I think one of the key things that would help the idea go over would be to devote sufficient time to developing Kory and Babs's relationship with each other and what it means to them for themselves. Because otherwise it's going to just be a typical male fantasy with Dick scoring with two hot women who are each crazy over him, but don't have any meaningful impact for each other, essentially turning them into prizes/objects.
    I think Babs is too much of a prude to ever go with it. That, and I don't think she's ever really liked Kory.

Extraordinary Member

That's not how I would play the story (and I never would've written in "fragile spine" for Babs in the first place), but I don't trust the DC writers to do better. So that's my prediction for what will go down.

As for the last line in your post, I hope I'm not breaking any news here but sex is very important in a relationship. It's not a "product" (and I don't know where you got that idea) but it is a necessary component of an intimate couples relationship.
    I want to know why you think she cant have sex? even when she had no use of her legs sex was still possible she could even get pregnant if she wanted to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I...highly doubt that.

I think Babs is too much of a prude to ever go with it. That, and I don't think she's ever really liked Kory.
    Dick did not want to be in a poly relationship with kory and another man. So i guess that something he and babs have in common.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One day they should really come up with a reason for Babs to dislike Kory beyond the jealousy over Dick thing. Because I can buy Babs being petty over it at first, but holding onto the grudge? That's beneath both of them.

If written well, I imagine a scenario where Babs is determined to dislike Kory at first simply because she's the ex and Kory is the new hotness. But can't actually bring herself to do it and ends up liking Kory as a person too much to begrudge her dating Dick. And vice versa whenever Dick breaks up with Kory and maybe ends up back with Barbara.

There also have been occasional implications that Bruce never approved of Kory, which I feel is just manufactured for needless drama and Kory not being part of the Bat IP. Because if Dick is madly in love with a woman, I can't see Bruce not automatically willing to give her a chance simply because she means so much to his little buddy
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 04-30-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Well. Things got pretty weird in here then, didnt they?

Extraordinary Member

I think those that ship Black Canary/Oracle are a vocal minority compared to those who ship (or are at least used to) Black Canary/GA, but still. Also helps that Dinah was broken up with Ollie during sections of the BOP run.
    Actually Ollie was dead during the fist few years of Birds of Prey.

But really Dinah and Ollie is really a case where it doesn't make much sense to pair them with any other character in the comics, since their relation is just to iconic.

But that gets really of topic.

One day they should really come up with a reason for Babs to dislike Kory beyond the jealousy over Dick thing. Because I can buy Babs being petty over it at first, but holding onto the grudge? That's beneath both of them.

If written well, I imagine a scenario where Babs is determined to dislike Kory at first simply because she's the ex and Kory is the new hotness. But can't actually bring herself to do it and ends up liking Kory as a person too much to begrudge her dating Dick. And vice versa whenever Dick breaks up with Kory and maybe ends up back with Barbara.

There also have been occasional implications that Bruce never approved of Kory, which I feel is just manufactured for needless drama and Kory not being part of the Bat IP. Because if Dick is madly in love with a woman, I can't see Bruce not automatically willing to give her a chance simply because she means so much to his little buddy
    I mean Babs kind of has always been jealous of other women. She kind of was with and not knowing about Folores. She kind of always been petty. I kind of want them to be friends rather than Babs being petty.

At this point I don't mind if it's Kory or Babs. I just want Dc to stop making the relationships with both women end messy or cheating
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-30-2021 at 01:29 PM.

I wouldn't say it's a grudge, she just has personal feelings that would prevent her from being gal pals with Kory beyond professionalism. Although I guess that never got in the way of her relationship with Helena.

I think Bruce not supporting Kory was less about Kory and more about supporting Babs.