Page 132 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lmao thanks so much DC, make it recognized in-universe as a canon thing that Dick is always bailing on “his” city to go be Batman’s sidekick which gets taken advantage of.
    Lmao proves my point right there. It blows my mind how some fans don't see it. Or dont what too.

Speaking about the Titans, I know we all pretty much agree that Dick ever getting a team-up book is zero, especially while so many prominent characters don't have a title and DC is rightfully upping their diversity game (or trying to) but Nightwing seems to be the best selling DC title with a 3.99$ price (that's not a #1).

So I pose the question: If Nightwing had "The Brave & The Bold" Backups. Team-up changing every one or two Issues. Would you still buy it/buy it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lmao thanks so much DC, make it recognized in-universe as a canon thing that Dick is always bailing on “his” city to go be Batman’s sidekick which gets taken advantage of.
    Oh wow. They just can't help themselves. Another example:

But to the one by Vordan: It's stupid that having a city is held to Dick's detriment first in TTA and now here while others can be in multiple places without creating problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Him being shot in the head is the excuse and he returns to find out from Garth and Donna what had happened
    Flash was dimensions hopping
    Dick has been cured since last November. As I said, Last Stories exists and was an event marketed as a grand Titans reunion until it was not, of course. I even said Wally is time traveling, I'm well aware of that, but if Roy can mention Jason, then Wally and Dick can acknowledge the other considering they have much more panel time than Roy currently has. There is no in story excuse. Writers just don't care. Or think to mention it. Which goes hand in hand, I guess.

Extraordinary Member

You guys are right he should quit the Titans to spend more time here. It’s not his fault that Gotham is such a cesspool that even with Batman and his 20-30 associates and their round the clock protection can’t handle it. Their is enough of them that they could taken scheduled shifts biweekly lol.

What does metropolis do when Superman is world hopping or space jetting?

Then again I guess if Bludhaven noticed when he’s gone he really is considered it’s protector in some form? Is his past time their back in continuity.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

You guys are right he should quit the Titans to spend more time here. It’s not his fault that Gotham is such a cesspool that even with Batman and his 20-30 associates and their round the clock protection can’t handle it. Their is enough of them that they could taken scheduled shifts biweekly lol.

What does metropolis do when Superman is world hopping or space jetting?

Then again I guess if Bludhaven noticed when he’s gone he really is considered it’s protector in some form? Is his past time their back in continuity.
    Steel, Superboy, and Supergirl usually fill in.

I already rant about this in the other thread so I'm not gonna do it here.

The hint we got for the previous run is Dick saying he used to be in BPD and Blockbuster is there, so for all we know if the story is canon, it went up until Dick quits BPD but instead of Blockbuster dying and his apartment bombed, something else prompted Dick to moved out of Bludhaven, like for example his broken leg.

Oh, and Infinite Crisis did happen. Kon died, he mentioned it to Tim in Urban Legends. There's just no Chemo.

It's the Chicago run that still hasn't got any confirmation.

Incredible Member

Dick Grayson Fans

Nightwing goes to Gotham to help Batman: DC is having Dick leave Bludhaven to go play sidekick to Batman, how lame.

Nightwing calls Batman or any other Bat Fam member for an assist in Bludhaven: DC always making Dick look inefficient on his own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Dick Grayson Fans

Nightwing goes to Gotham to help Batman: DC is having Dick leave Bludhaven to go play sidekick to Batman, how lame.

Nightwing calls Batman or any other Bat Fam member for an assist in Bludhaven: DC always making Dick look inefficient on his own.
    His dad needs help
    Y’all are doing to much on the guy

Even the TV show has him returning to Gotham to help Batman and deal with scarecrow
    It’s synergy

Incredible Member

His dad needs help
    Y’all are doing to much on the guy

Even the TV show has him returning to Gotham to help Batman and deal with scarecrow
    It’s synergy
    100 % Agreed

Titans is basically just a Nightwing show guest starring the Titans:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It was originally supposed to be just a Nightwing show but then WB….. and you know how it goes
    It’s the same for young justice

89A91C6A-96A8-424D-A359-4AC0C1500AF6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

This is the cast of Gotham knights next year
    9493CDCF-57FF-45B1-A490-825170DEDB03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Speaking about the Titans, I know we all pretty much agree that Dick ever getting a team-up book is zero, especially while so many prominent characters don't have a title and DC is rightfully upping their diversity game (or trying to) but Nightwing seems to be the best selling DC title with a 3.99$ price (that's not a #1).

So I pose the question: If Nightwing had "The Brave & The Bold" Backups. Team-up changing every one or two Issues. Would you still buy it/buy it again?

But to the one by Vordan: It's stupid that having a city is held to Dick's detriment first in TTA and now here while others can be in multiple places without creating problems.

Dick has been cured since last November. As I said, Last Stories exists and was an event marketed as a grand Titans reunion until it was not, of course. I even said Wally is time traveling, I'm well aware of that, but if Roy can mention Jason, then Wally and Dick can acknowledge the other considering they have much more panel time than Roy currently has. There is no in story excuse. Writers just don't care. Or think to mention it. Which goes hand in hand, I guess.
    They just don't seem to want to utilize Dick's character. I'd buy nearly anything Nightwing related, and honestly he needs a book with other characters in them. I think a massive issue is that he's isolated in Blüdhaven. His supporting cast is never consistent, he's the lone crime fighter in the worst/second worst city in America (Gotham is a cesspit) and that's just insane to me. Nightwing is supposed to be inspiring, so have him inspire new heroes. The storyline where he was introduced was terrible, but use Hutch as a character (representation never hurts). Give him some stories where he learns from Dick, develop him into something.

Editorial needs to mandate that certain characters are used, Amy Rohrbach should be synonymous with Blüdhaven.

Blaming Dick for not always being in Blüdhaven is strange on DC's part. They themselves refuse to give Blüdhaven anything other than a connection to Dick, it's a terrible mess.

This is the cast of Gotham knights next year
    9493CDCF-57FF-45B1-A490-825170DEDB03.jpg
    Yeah, that's true.
    Hopefully they will show gameplay of this game in this year DCFANDOME.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    They just don't seem to want to utilize Dick's character. I'd buy nearly anything Nightwing related, and honestly he needs a book with other characters in them. I think a massive issue is that he's isolated in Blüdhaven. His supporting cast is never consistent, he's the lone crime fighter in the worst/second worst city in America (Gotham is a cesspit) and that's just insane to me. Nightwing is supposed to be inspiring, so have him inspire new heroes. The storyline where he was introduced was terrible, but use Hutch as a character (representation never hurts). Give him some stories where he learns from Dick, develop him into something.

Editorial needs to mandate that certain characters are used, Amy Rohrbach should be synonymous with Blüdhaven.

Blaming Dick for not always being in Blüdhaven is strange on DC's part. They themselves refuse to give Blüdhaven anything other than a connection to Dick, it's a terrible mess.
    Taylor should bring Maya from the last two issues of Higgins run back and make her his sidekick or something.
    Last edited by Drako; 07-14-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Taylor should bring Maya from the last two issues of Higgins run back and make her his sidekick or something.
    100% That run was fantastic, and Maya always felt like a character who would one day come back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post

I would like him to put down roots in that city. To give birth to characters who will continue on in the DCU. I wish he could have a sidekick of his own. It also be nice if Babs made bludhaven the center of her operations as well. A second book using Bludhaven setting would do wonder for expanding its lore.

Hutch would make a great flamebird