Page 133 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    They just don't seem to want to utilize Dick's character. I'd buy nearly anything Nightwing related, and honestly he needs a book with other characters in them. I think a massive issue is that he's isolated in Blüdhaven. His supporting cast is never consistent, he's the lone crime fighter in the worst/second worst city in America (Gotham is a cesspit) and that's just insane to me. Nightwing is supposed to be inspiring, so have him inspire new heroes. The storyline where he was introduced was terrible, but use Hutch as a character (representation never hurts). Give him some stories where he learns from Dick, develop him into something.

Editorial needs to mandate that certain characters are used, Amy Rohrbach should be synonymous with Blüdhaven.

Blaming Dick for not always being in Blüdhaven is strange on DC's part. They themselves refuse to give Blüdhaven anything other than a connection to Dick, it's a terrible mess.
    Isolation is a good description.

I've read pretty much nothing with Hutch, but him being a firefighter could give him a unique perspective, and if Dick were to actually train him, sure, why not.

Yeah, I don't understand why Amy hasn't returned. Tbh, I blame most of the Blüdhaven situation on editorial. It was forcefully returned under an editorial mandate but past the name and its closeness to Gotham, they obviously don't care for it. It's no wonder that it's a mess by now.

And as has been said so many times, it should be easy for writers to fill Blüdhaven with supporting characters and much needed life again. Dixon, Grayson, Humphries, and Seeley already did the work. Pick some of them. And with Spyral seemingly done for thanks to Bendis just put Tiger into Blüd where he can start an organization again and then expand out of it.

But I don't see any indication that Taylor wants to bring those past characters back except for Blockbuster. And Blockbuster may either be a mandate as well or Taylor just wants to write a Kingpin-esque character again.

It would have been cool if the police officers suspecting Dick of murder had been known to us from past Blüd iterations. They didn't have to be Svoboda or Amy, even if that would have probably made for some fun panels, just an obscure reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, that's true.
    Hopefully they will show gameplay of this game in this year DCFANDOME.

Taylor should bring Maya from the last two issues of Higgins run back and make her his sidekick or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    100% That run was fantastic, and Maya always felt like a character who would one day come back.
    Maya? Don't you two mean Jen?

I agree, it was a great two-parter. I wish she would have reappeared the second Dick returned as Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Isolation is a good description.

I've read pretty much nothing with Hutch, but him being a firefighter could give him a unique perspective, and if Dick were to actually train him, sure, why not.

Yeah, I don't understand why Amy hasn't returned. Tbh, I blame most of the Blüdhaven situation on editorial. It was forcefully returned under an editorial mandate but past the name and its closeness to Gotham, they obviously don't care for it. It's no wonder that it's a mess by now.

And as has been said so many times, it should be easy for writers to fill Blüdhaven with supporting characters and much needed life again. Dixon, Grayson, Humphries, and Seeley already did the work. Pick some of them. And with Spyral seemingly done for thanks to Bendis just put Tiger into Blüd where he can start an organization again and then expand out of it.

But I don't see any indication that Taylor wants to bring those past characters back except for Blockbuster. And Blockbuster may either be a mandate as well or Taylor just wants to write a Kingpin-esque character again.

It would have been cool if the police officers suspecting Dick of murder had been known to us from past Blüd iterations. They didn't have to be Svoboda or Amy, even if that would have probably made for some fun panels, just an obscure reference.

Maya? Don't you two mean Jen?

I agree, it was a great two-parter. I wish she would have reappeared the second Dick returned as Nightwing.
    Yeah, Jen, i confused her name with Damian's friend.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

If Nightwing has a sidekick, Bette makes so much sense. I know he already has his own Batgirl, but Bette as Flamebird does well to bridge his time as Robin in the Golden Age with his history with the Titans. Which opens the door to a better wholistic view of the character.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I feel like Bette is already passed the stage of being someone sidekick and she was already working with Batwoman. She changed her name to Hawkfire, using a nightwing-esque costume.

I support 100% that he should have a flamebird in his book, but i think someone new would be better.

Also, Taylor did a great job creating Honey Badger for Laura (PS: Scout is stupid name for her), i think he can do it again in Nightwing.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Bette is already passed the stage of being someone sidekick and she was already working with Batwoman. She changed her name to Hawkfire, using a nightwing-esque costume.

I support 100% that he should have a flamebird in his book, but i think someone new would be better.

Also, Taylor did a great job creating Honey Badger for Laura (PS: Scout is stupid name for her), i think he can do it again in Nightwing.
    Hutch would make a great flamebird

Would Bette in a Nightwing book still have her crush on him?

I know in the Young Justice universe they slept together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would Bette in a Nightwing book still have her crush on him?

I know in the Young Justice universe they slept together.
    hopefully not, their like 30
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdqwHGBg/

From Batman89.
    Looks like they're going with the Marlon Wayans version.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Quinones/sta...55694372966402

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    hopefully not, their like 30
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdqwHGBg/
    If Dick is like 30 then Tim's origin makes no sense.

From Batman89.
    Looks like they're going with the Marlon Wayans version.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Quinones/sta...55694372966402
    His name is Richard Drake apparently. So just combining Dick and Tim's names I guess to be an original character.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    His name is Richard Drake apparently. So just combining Dick and Tim's names I guess to be an original character.
    Yeah, kinda like John Blake in TDKR.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So that's why his design is Arkham. He's part Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    If Dick is like 30 then Tim's origin makes no sense.
    Yes that’s right

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, kinda like John Blake in TDKR.

Yo I dig this

NIGHTWING #85
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Pencils and inks by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    Variant by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/19/21
    Babs takes the Anti-Oracle attack on her Oracle Network personally, and she suits up as Batgirl, accompanying Nightwing and Tim Drake to track down who is responsible. But with fear consuming the streets of Gotham, Batgirl and Nightwing accidentally get hit with something that reveals their deepest fears…and it involves each other.