Page 37 of 270 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

This looks gorgeous. Gotta buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    We can’t say too much yet, but this story is going to be life-changing for Dick Grayson, and will hopefully show why he’s one of the greatest heroes in @DCComics.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...59584793153536
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bruno Redondo calls the puppy Bite-Wing :3

That preview is peak Nightwing .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Someone on Tumblr took notice that the bad guys in the preview are not the typical lower class street criminal who's usually POC with economic difficulty but privileged college douches.

While I haven't seen Batman family beating up street criminals these days because they usually go too epic, the last one I remember was the robber that almost killed Gotham Guy's parents in an alley and he fits that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Someone on Tumblr took notice that the bad guys in the preview are not the typical lower class street criminal who's usually POC with economic difficulty but privileged college douches.

While I haven't seen Batman family beating up street criminals these days because they usually go too epic, the last one I remember was the robber that almost killed Gotham Guy's parents in an alley and he fits that type.
    Feels like the type of criminals Taylor would use.

There is some Advanced reviews and some first thoughts coming out of Nightwing #78.

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-rev...campaign=SR-TW

SPOILER FREE REVIEW: Nightwing #78 (#DCComics @TomTaylorMade @Bruno_Redondo_F @fxstudiocolor #WesAbbott) marks a bright new future for the fan favorite character. With a superstar team along for the ride, fans will be rejoicing on 3/16!
    https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...t-want-to-help

NIGHTWING #78 is the 1st issue for new ongoing team @TomTaylorMade @Bruno_Redondo_F @fxstudiocolor! This book is SO damn good, I still can't believe it's real. I can't wait for you all to read it to laugh, cry, & fall in love w/ Dick Grayson all over again with me 💙🖤 OUT 3/16!
    https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status...64008353947649

I've read the first issue of Nightwing by @TomTaylorMade @Bruno_Redondo_F and @fxstudiocolor and it's incredibly good. You may think that I say so because they are my friends and I'm supposed to say but trust me, it's a superior comic book.

It just takes a couple pages to realize how good it is. The script, drawing and colors... Everyone is on the top of their game. You guys can't miss it!
    https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...13602031509506

I just got to read a sneak advance of Nightwing #78 by @TomTaylorMade with incredible art by @Bruno_Redondo_F and @fxstudiocolor. It is absolute excellence.
    https://twitter.com/DarickR/status/1363229511274299395

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

They are really hyping the title up, which is cool. I'm just afraid they are hyping too much, which is why I'm not gonna read the full reviews. If I know too much I'll get too nitpicky once it's out.

I'm still not over how perfectly Dick Grayson the 2nd Campbell cover is. I like it more each time I see it. I hope that level of detail carries over to the Black & White short story.

Glad the early reviews are so positive. I don't put much stock in reviews these days but I'll still take this as a good sign. I really do feel like we're turning a corner after the last few years of awfulness. I dunno if we're gonna walk out of this year with Nightwing being a heavily pushed IP that DC throws in your face at every turn and in every media format, but I definitely think the company is done intentionally shitting on him.

And yeah, that Campbell cover is probably one of the best Nightwing covers I've ever seen. I want that on my wall, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I was looking thru my "reading lists" and noticed that I haven't really checked anything from Batman title when Dick had the cowl. I think Winnick and Daniel wrote those issues? Were they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was looking thru my "reading lists" and noticed that I haven't really checked anything from Batman title when Dick had the cowl. I think Winnick and Daniel wrote those issues? Were they any good?
    Winnick did some by the numbers story that ended with a cliffhanger that was never even revisited. Tony Daniel was better, especially the art, but it wasn't some master piece.

If you want to read, go for it, it not bad IMO. It's just not that great.

I take it was better than Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I take it was better than Ric.
    that goes without saying

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Glad the early reviews are so positive. I don't put much stock in reviews these days but I'll still take this as a good sign. I really do feel like we're turning a corner after the last few years of awfulness. I dunno if we're gonna walk out of this year with Nightwing being a heavily pushed IP that DC throws in your face at every turn and in every media format, but I definitely think the company is done intentionally shitting on him.

And yeah, that Campbell cover is probably one of the best Nightwing covers I've ever seen. I want that on my wall, yknow?
    I don't know how to feel about comic reviews. Most of them give way too high scores in my opinion. I've read so many issues that were just okay, or in some cases straight up bad and messy only to see them get 10/10 reviews online.
    I know a lot of stuff comes down to personal taste, but a 10/10? Really? For what? And for so many stories?
    Most comic reviews don't seem all that helpful to me because of those reasons.

The amount of reviews is what im more interested in then the actual reviews themselves.