Page 92 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4044

Yeah, from what I understand, Disney just kinda puts the pressure to change how long copyrights last every few years. They don't just find loopholes for themselves, they change the laws themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    DC/WB cancelled Didio's 5-year plan to make Batman Jace and relegated him to a digital first series for an alternate future that's not sure happening. They chickened out the same way they transported Bat Cat to a semi canon continuity work for the same reason, threatening the Sacred Bat status quo. Unless those Jace books sold massive number they're not doing anything for him beyond what they're currently doing.
    Joshua Williamson confirmed Jace's digital first series takes place in main continuity, Jace becomes Batman at the end of it as confirmed by the cover and ComiXology summaries, Williamson confirmed Jace is showing up in Batman, Detective Comics, and Urban Legends, and DC confirmed months back that Jace is getting a Next Batman 12-issue limited series.

So what are you talking about?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Joshua Williamson confirmed Jace's digital first series takes place in main continuity, Jace becomes Batman at the end of it as confirmed by the cover and ComiXology summaries, Williamson confirmed Jace is showing up in Batman, Detective Comics, and Urban Legends, and DC confirmed months back that Jace is getting a Next Batman 12-issue limited series.

Oh I'm sorry, next time, I'll pay more attention Tweets about a character I'm not interested.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yeah, from what I understand, Disney just kinda puts the pressure to change how long copyrights last every few years. They don't just find loopholes for themselves, they change the laws themselves.
    If things stand they would loose Mickey in 2024 they won’t let that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, next time, I'll pay more attention Tweets about a character I'm not interested.
    I guess you being disinterested in the character is the reason you were spreading misinformation about the character. For future reference, books that take place in Future State have Future State in the title.

Thats what I'm saying, the last thing nightwing needs is be batman lite to TWO batmen running around. Stop costing on nostalgia and something with nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Thats what I'm saying, the last thing nightwing needs is be batman lite to TWO batmen running around. Stop costing on nostalgia and something with nightwing.
    He's not, though, he's operating in Bludhaven.

He's not, though, he's operating in Bludhaven.
    I like Bludhaven, though that doesn't prevent "Batman-lite" (not that I think it's that big a problem for Dick, but I usually feel the minority on that front).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Bludhaven, though that doesn't prevent "Batman-lite" (not that I think it's that big a problem for Dick, but I usually feel the minority on that front).
    I'll share that lonely 'minority' bench with you

I liked the Bludhaven in Seeley's run and the idea of Dick occasionally doing a spy gig outside Blud that Seeley suggested.

I enjoyed the RunOffs. Had high hopes for them but that fizzled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Well, it's not every few years. The last time copyright law was extended was 1998.

Odds are Disney and other giant corporations will successfully lobby for another extension. However, there's the possibility that it won't play out the same way this time. The internet is a thing now in a way it wasn't back in 98, and people are more aware of public domain and what it's for, as well as what the benefits are for everybody. The legal argument for copyright extension has always been thin. If the topic catches the public's attention in the next couple years it's entirely possible that politicians, looking at the 2024 election cycle and wary of an electorate that's fed up with big business and government, won't allow another extension.

Odds are that if copyright isn't extended, congress will still carve out some loophole or exception for characters like Mickey Mouse, in a way that doesn't earn the public's attention or ire; some minor caveat that the layman won't pick up on or even hear about until after the fact. A lot may depend on the '22 midterms and who ends up in Washington DC, as well as how the "big business" debate goes between now and then. But the chances of these characters actually entering public domain in some functional, usable form, while slim as hell, are still higher than they've ever been. So never say never!

But even if these characters do enter the PD? Guys like Batman have grown and evolved well beyond the limited access public domain would offer. If Batman enters the PD, that doesn't mean everything Bat-related enters PD, it just means the very, earliest issues would be available for use, and those early Golden Age comics are so different from how the world thinks of "Batman" today that it might as well be a completely different, original character. Which is either a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it I guess.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    She's 6ft tall and is orange. She literally shines.

She looks more golden.
    She has been referred to as golden in the comics.
    There is a reason why Victor and Garfield called her "Goldie" a lot.
    When she was dating Franklin Crandall, he told her that he chalked up her skin to being a Mediterranean Tan
    In some comic issues after she broke up with Dick, she was more like a golden brown

golden skin tone is actually a tone that exists
    I am a multiracial person that has light brown skin with golden overtone

6 ft woman is not out of the ordinary height for a woman.
    it's not uncommon for models which Kory has been in the comics
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In what context we talking about here?

I think Pre-Crisis the biggest seed for it was Babs planting one on Robin to distract him or shut him up.

In Post-Crisis, when they aged Babs down a tad, it was established that Dick had a major crush on her when she first started out and there was a lot of sexual tension between them throughout their careers before Dick moved onto the Titans and got with Starfire, but there was still that tension there.

They didn't start seriously dating until the Dixon-era Nightwing when Babs was Oracle although (if you take that annual as fact) the first time they had sex together was after she got paralyzed and Dick visited her (to tell her about his wedding to Kori).

New 52 it gets kind of murkier. It was basically the same Post-Crisis where they were the same age and had a lot of sexual tension that carried on into adulthood, but it doesn't seem like they ever seriously dated for a long period of time but have kissed and had sex at different periods in time.

Now it's basically a continuity free for all.
    That retcon of Dick having sex with Babs the night before his wedding with Kory is one of the reasons why I end up strongly dislike Dick/Babs.
    Dick was not shown to have any romantic feelings for Babs in the Wolfman 1980s/1990s comics before Kory broke up with him.
    He also had two girlfriends before he got in a relationship with Kory.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    She looks more golden.
    She has been referred to as golden in the comics.
    There is a reason why Victor and Garfield called her "Goldie" a lot.
    When she was dating Franklin Crandall, he told her that he chalked up her skin to being a Mediterranean Tan
    In some comic issues after she broke up with Dick, she was more like a golden brown

golden skin tone is actually a tone that exists
    I am a multiracial person that has light brown skin with golden overtone

6 ft woman is not out of the ordinary height for a woman.
    it's not uncommon for models which Kory has been in the comics
    And there's a reason she's called Starfire. She themed after the sun. Trying to play off Starfire as an ordinary 6ft tall women with a Mediterranean Tan is ridiculous. As if that is even ordinary.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-09-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    That retcon of Dick having sex with Babs the night before his wedding with Kory is one of the reasons why I end up strongly dislike Dick/Babs.
    Dick was not shown to have any romantic feelings for Babs in the Wolfman 1980s/1990s comics before Kory broke up with him.
    He also had two girlfriends before he got in a relationship with Kory.
    And then Nightwing Year One shows he was this close to cheating on her with Babs again until Babs put a stop to it.

Granted that's all retroactive since a lot of Dick and Babs' Post-Crisis relationship became retcons, but still.

Yeah, I don't mind Dick developing feelings for Babs after he became Nightwing (he seems the type to fall in love too easily anyway) but I got annoyed when Dixon and co acted like Dicks & Babs were always meant to be and that Kory was just a fling. Despite the fact that Kory and Dick's romance developed more organically and they had to retcon a lot of history to make Dick/Babs work.