Page 189 of 270 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I could actually see him drinking bud/miller/et c. Could see him as the guy who just goes to the bar and orders "I'll take a beer," and enjoying it no matter what it is. Sorta spun as a non-pretentious move, if that makes sense. Then, when Wally or someone gets him a microbrew going "Wow thats really good!" but never making it a point to order it again.

Could also see pretty much all of the batfamily but Jason and maybe Steph being teetotal.
    I definitely think Dick isn't pretentious and not overly picky about his drink, but I imagine life in the mansion has rubbed off on him a little bit and he has *some* standards, too. I think he'd drink a "peasant's beer" without complaint and be happy with it, but if he has a choice he'd go for something a little higher end, but not top shelf.

I think Bruce would drink socially as part of his "playboy" disguise, but otherwise yeah, he's teetotal. I suspect Tim largely doesn't like the taste of alcohol, nor the sensation of being tipsy/drunk. Cass wouldn't drink, I don't think.

I can see Babs enjoying a glass of wine, and maybe letting herself get a little drunk with Dinah as her drinking buddy/bad influence.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I been thinking Dick generally sells well right? Do you guys think that Dick should ever get another solo title? Or at least like a Dick and Wally Comic? It doesn't have to be cannon but I often thought it would be cool
    I don't think the title sells well enough to totally justify a second solo, but a "Nightwing & the Titans" type of book, where Dick's *a* main character with his name on the cover but is still part of a wider roster, is actually a strong marketing strategy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I liked it. Less so than a typical issue due to it feeling like an obligatory crossover to a story that I am not a huge fan of. But I loved seeing Clancy and thought the interaction between Dick and Bruce was really solid. They felt like equals. Not a fan of Robbi`s art and there was a little too much narration for my taste.

In regards to Barbara, I thought since everything was canon this included her New 52 and Burnside runs. Hasn`t she been operating as Batgirl prior to this? How come they are concerned with her Spine all of the sudden?

You didn't read her Joker War tie-in? Joker attacked her, and she ripped out the implant. It was fixed, but if it takes more damage, she could end up destroying it, which would permanently put her back in the wheelchair. That's why her new costume includes spinal support, and why she's very rarely using it, being Oracle most of the time instead and letting Steph and Cass be her proxies. She originally got the implant off panel just before the New 52 run started (I like to think she was arranging this towards the end of the Steph Batgirl series, where she served as Steph's mentor but spent time away on Birds of Prey duty) and her time previously being Oracle was never completely erased, just shortened.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-21-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I been thinking Dick generally sells well right? Do you guys think that Dick should ever get another solo title? Or at least like a Dick and Wally Comic? It doesn't have to be cannon but I often thought it would be cool
    I don't want to dilute the character through multiple comics, and I don't want to have Taylor consult with others moving forward, so I'm happy with just this title. Wally can come in eventually and be around for an issue or an arc, which would be great. Didn't Taylor respond to a fan cryptically regarding this possibility? That issue may well be in the plans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You didn't read her Joker War tie-in? Joker attacked her, and she ripped out the implant. It was fixed, but if it takes more damage, she could end up destroying it, which would permanently put her back in the wheelchair. That's why her new costume includes spinal support, and why she's very rarely using it, being Oracle most of the time instead and letting Steph and Cass be her proxies. She originally got the implant off panel just before the New 52 run started (I like to think she was arranging this towards the end of the Steph Batgirl series, where she served as Steph's mentor but spent time away on Birds of Prey duty) and her time previously being Oracle was never completely erased, just shortened.
    No, I was not a huge fan of Tynions run and have not read any tie ins. Thanks for the explanation tho!

After reading today’s issue I’m kind of curious if tying in was something Taylor was forced to do or if he wanted to. It’s very self aware about how out of place the tie in feels given Dick literally just said he was making Bludhaven his priority only to now zip over to Gotham. Overall it was fine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    After reading today’s issue I’m kind of curious if tying in was something Taylor was forced to do or if he wanted to. It’s very self aware about how out of place the tie in feels given Dick literally just said he was making Bludhaven his priority only to now zip over to Gotham. Overall it was fine.
    Pretty sure it was mandatory for the entire Bat line.

I don`t think he fought it but I did not get the feeling it was his idea.

It was a fine issue. I have zero interest in this fear state stuff, but really happy to see Clancy back. Now let's get Amy Rohrbach back into the mix, maybe even Sonia Zucco pushing Melinda off a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So why can't they make another implant?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I don't want to dilute the character through multiple comics, and I don't want to have Taylor consult with others moving forward, so I'm happy with just this title. Wally can come in eventually and be around for an issue or an arc, which would be great. Didn't Taylor respond to a fan cryptically regarding this possibility? That issue may well be in the plans.
    Taylor hinted a Dick-Wally meeting soon, and some believe it would be in Superman son of Kal-El #4.
    I prefer them to meet without Jon, but it would be great to see them interacting again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So why can't they make another implant?
    It's supposedly too problematic. Her spine can't undergo another surgery.
    Which is more or less "DC want Babs to be Oracle again most of the time so that Steph and Cass could be the main Batgirls".

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

https://www.polygon.com/comics/22679...s-oral-history
    Dan DiDio
    DC vice president starting in 2002, DC co-publisher from 2010-2020

I can’t tell you how many discussions we had about how we can get Nightwing back in his blue costume, because the red seems so weird. And I’m like, if you’re focused on colors, you’re losing character. The color doesn’t matter. The story and the characters [are] what you should be focusing on. And if you’re worried about the character color, because in your mind that’s the only way you can see him, then you’re probably not getting where he should be.

Nightwing was one of the best launches! That’s why I was like, “stop talking about the colors. You’re doing a great job!"

The red was fine but he looked better in blue.

He said before they put him in red because he thought all the former Robins should be in red. That was his reasoning.

You can worry about both, because the story and the character wasn’t being done particularly well either with the launch of the New 52. It’s odd that he thinks it was. What’s even more odd is now all of a sudden he doesn’t understand the importance of consistent branding. All the characters they had ripping him off were wearing red, what’s more this was Dick’s return to the role. Putting him red demonstrated that they weren’t thinking about the character, and instead put him in red for no reason except a whim. They weren’t thinking about the character. They were creating conformity with the Robins, and Nightwing had to bite the bullet being the only one with out “Red” baked in his title.

He’s trying to make littler of the issue to better dismiss it and act like they were producing good content despite the color. I usually try to give Didio the benefit of the doubt, but I call bullshit on that statement.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-22-2021 at 01:25 PM.