Page 220 of 244 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3654
  1. #3286
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    There has not even been any Nightwing in this season of Young Justice. Seriously, how long are they going to keep it centered on Mars. Not enjoying season at all.
    Thought this season was going to focus on the OG members?

  2. #3287
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Thought this season was going to focus on the OG members?
    it is, Miss Martian and Superboy was first

  3. #3288
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Thought this season was going to focus on the OG members?
    Technically it is. Superboy and Miss Martian. Just on Mars with no other characters so far. Which I wouldn`t mind but damn 3 episodes in row seems like a lot.

  4. #3289
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    The current run ends at issue 12, so who knows? Still, seeing Red X kick in Wally's smug New Teen Titans face would've been fun.
    Teen Titans Academy doesn't end at #12. Sheridan planned to leave then, or shortly after.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd support Robin-Stargirl. I don't know if Tim has landed on a label for his orientation yet but he's liked girls in the past and what young teenaged man wouldn't find Courtney the most adorable thing ever?

    Courtney is a fantastic character who needs to get more exposure. I'm glad her show seems to be doing well (I don't watch the CW so I haven't seen it) but I wish DC would allow her to go beyond the JSA's sphere of influence (especially since the JSA has been gone for a friggin decade). Let her hang with Young Justice or the Titans, if the JSA is off the board. Or Flash. Or Superman. Or Wonder Woman. Or who the hell ever. Just get her into some book somewhere!

    This is the character that launched Johns' career, really. She's beloved by fans, tied tightly to one of the biggest creators DC has had in decades, and is connected to one of the oldest franchises in comics. Why the f*ck is this kid not a bigger deal by now?
    She does have her own TV show....

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    That all sounds good but the problem is that once dc puts you into a franchise you're locked in. So she locked into the jsa. This mind set really hurts characters like vixen and captain Adam or star girl because there locked down to a franchise or don't have one.
    In New 52, when JSA wasn't a thing, they didn't stick her in Earth-2 with the other normally JSA characters, she joined the JLA.

    In-universe, Young Justice did try to recruit the Star Spangled Kid not long after her debut. They didn't even know she was a girl, and after actually meeting her, she ended up turning them down because she was already in the JSA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    She's a high schooler in New 52, so still Tim's age
    Stargirl Spring Break Special confirms Courtney hasn't aged up. However, it seems that Tim recently HAS, so they're no longer the same age.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nightwing was created to be with the Titans. His creation was the result of the Batbooks wanting Robin back and NTT wanting to keep him. There were no solo designs with him then.
    Yeah, it was a compromise. Titans keeps Dick Grayson, but gives him a new identity, and Batman gets Robin back, but with a new secret identity (Jason Todd).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #3290
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    I would love a redo of this

  6. #3291
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Teen Titans Academy doesn't end at #12. Sheridan planned to leave then, or shortly after.

    She does have her own TV show....

    In New 52, when JSA wasn't a thing, they didn't stick her in Earth-2 with the other normally JSA characters, she joined the JLA.

    In-universe, Young Justice did try to recruit the Star Spangled Kid not long after her debut. They didn't even know she was a girl, and after actually meeting her, she ended up turning them down because she was already in the JSA.

    Stargirl Spring Break Special confirms Courtney hasn't aged up. However, it seems that Tim recently HAS, so they're no longer the same age.
    Did they say how old Tim is?

  7. #3292
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,836

    Default

    At least 18, as his pre-Flashpoint solo book is back in continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #3293
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At least 18, as his pre-Flashpoint solo book is back in continuity.
    Tim may recover the memories (although other writers could ignore that), but his age is still a mystery. I suspect DC will mantain Tim as a teen.

    Not to mention that Tim was 17 in Pre-Flashpoint continuity.

  9. #3294
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At least 18, as his pre-Flashpoint solo book is back in continuity.
    All of them? Which parts have they mentioned in any books after Death Metal? Like for example what about Stephanie's role?

  10. #3295
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At least 18, as his pre-Flashpoint solo book is back in continuity.
    I think if he was 18, they would have mentioned that by now, to me it looks like he is still supposed to be 16 or 17.

    And pre-flashpoint seems to be only partly back in the continuity. It is of course hard to bring examples for Tim since he doesn't really has book at the moment, but look at Nightwing for example. In his current series they make references to stuff that happened back in his pre flashpoint series, but it is also pretty clear that not everything from this run is back in continuity since for example Blüdheaven is not a nuclear wasteland, the apartment building Dick is still now living in again does still exist and blockbuster is still alive.

  11. #3296
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,012

    Default

    I think DC is adopting Marvel's approach to continuity; it all happened but it might not ever get talked about again, and if it is the details might be real fuzzy (like which war Frank Castle fought in).

    But thanks to Crisis events and retcons I guess we assume everything and nothing is in continuity until the book tells us so.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  12. #3297
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,409

    Default

    Question is there anyway to have Dc sales now that they have left Diamond? I been trying to look at this year and last years sales but don't know where to look.

  13. #3298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think DC is adopting Marvel's approach to continuity; it all happened but it might not ever get talked about again, and if it is the details might be real fuzzy (like which war Frank Castle fought in).

    But thanks to Crisis events and retcons, I guess we assume everything and nothing is in continuity until the book tells us so.
    Currently (and likely for the next 5-10 years) everything is canon and not canon in DC Comics (and this also includes animation stuff as well). Any writer can use any part of a character's history for their work. Which means one writer can come in using Dick's history with the NTT in their run and then, after, the new writer can completely go in a different direction using Batfam Mythos. Dan DiDio mentioned this in an interview that it was the plan with the new direction and then when Geoff Johns left, Dan said writers are gonna be able to do with that they want now with less restriction and then Didio either left or was fired.

    This change started with Infinite Frontier. It will become the new "relaunch/reboot" with Dark Nights Metal and Fear State leading into that. Lots of mantles are going to be replaced for a while. Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lantern and Batman already have their "replacements" for the new lineup. Itll be interesting to see how it turns out.

    The Nightwing comic is having a big thing happen at 100 apparently, so we will see what it is. There have been rumors of Tom Taylor gearing up to replace Tom King as the Batman writer so we will have to see about that. Taylor is also the driving for behind the current Superman (Jon) and has already said Damian and Jon will team up again. Part of me is thinking that Dick is getting replaced as Nightwing in issue 100 while he takes on a more benefactor like role in the Batfam. Babs is rumored to be the oracle in that book as well and since Nightwing leads up to Batgirls book, it's just a sinking feeling.

    This is exactly the opposite of Marvel is doing and what they have done in the past. Marvel reboots yes, but it's normally contained in the character's world rather than a whole universe thing and some characters like Hulk are actually more popular being done this way. Spider-man has had character reboots for a while because of different writers trying to change things, but I believe it's slowing down (could be wrong). Marvel normally takes the approach of taking old heros and bringing them to the present with a slight twist or reason for them being there (hence why Captain America being frozen in time was the reason for him to show up in the present). The new characters at Marvel are entirely new versions of old heros so to speak. Like Iron Heart being equivalent to Iron Man or Miss Marvel being equivalent to Captain Marvel. DC had a chance to do this with characters like Troia, Arsenal and Nightwing, but they gave them the shaft. If DC had gone in the direction Marvel did, then Nightwing would have been having his own concrete mythos and rogues' gallery just updated in a way to give it a fresh spin while retaining its original flare.

    Personally, I hate the direction that DC is going in and it feels very forced and unorganized. The Nightwing comic has Dick doing more out of costume than in costume. And it reads like tumblr fanfic. Tim and Batgirl have outshined Dick so far in his own solo. My opinion is that status quo sells for a reason. You can reboot a character or universe without losing the very essence of what made that character great anyway (same villains' new stories, same side cast new way of them meeting, same love interest but new build up to the endgame).

    DC will do another reboot after all of this and it when it happens I personally hope they just re-set continuity and build up from scratch again focusing on world building, character development and rogues gallery with an emphasis on making the original legacy characters solidified in their own world to stand with the OG's not beneath them. But we know DC wont do this so.

  14. #3299
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At least 18, as his pre-Flashpoint solo book is back in continuity.
    Yeah, I'd say Tim is either 18 or 19 now.

    In Urban Legends #4, the first part of "Sum of Our Parts," Oracle makes a comment about Ivy Town University not working out for Tim, but he'll find his path.

    So unless they're trying to go with a genius/graduated early take, it seems Tim should be old enough to go to college, but made the decision not to do so right now.

  15. #3300
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Currently (and likely for the next 5-10 years) everything is canon and not canon in DC Comics (and this also includes animation stuff as well). Any writer can use any part of a character's history for their work. Which means one writer can come in using Dick's history with the NTT in their run and then, after, the new writer can completely go in a different direction using Batfam Mythos. Dan DiDio mentioned this in an interview that it was the plan with the new direction and then when Geoff Johns left, Dan said writers are gonna be able to do with that they want now with less restriction and then Didio either left or was fired.

    This change started with Infinite Frontier. It will become the new "relaunch/reboot" with Dark Nights Metal and Fear State leading into that. Lots of mantles are going to be replaced for a while. Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lantern and Batman already have their "replacements" for the new lineup. Itll be interesting to see how it turns out.

    The Nightwing comic is having a big thing happen at 100 apparently, so we will see what it is. There have been rumors of Tom Taylor gearing up to replace Tom King as the Batman writer so we will have to see about that. Taylor is also the driving for behind the current Superman (Jon) and has already said Damian and Jon will team up again. Part of me is thinking that Dick is getting replaced as Nightwing in issue 100 while he takes on a more benefactor like role in the Batfam. Babs is rumored to be the oracle in that book as well and since Nightwing leads up to Batgirls book, it's just a sinking feeling.

    This is exactly the opposite of Marvel is doing and what they have done in the past. Marvel reboots yes, but it's normally contained in the character's world rather than a whole universe thing and some characters like Hulk are actually more popular being done this way. Spider-man has had character reboots for a while because of different writers trying to change things, but I believe it's slowing down (could be wrong). Marvel normally takes the approach of taking old heros and bringing them to the present with a slight twist or reason for them being there (hence why Captain America being frozen in time was the reason for him to show up in the present). The new characters at Marvel are entirely new versions of old heros so to speak. Like Iron Heart being equivalent to Iron Man or Miss Marvel being equivalent to Captain Marvel. DC had a chance to do this with characters like Troia, Arsenal and Nightwing, but they gave them the shaft. If DC had gone in the direction Marvel did, then Nightwing would have been having his own concrete mythos and rogues' gallery just updated in a way to give it a fresh spin while retaining its original flare.

    Personally, I hate the direction that DC is going in and it feels very forced and unorganized. The Nightwing comic has Dick doing more out of costume than in costume. And it reads like tumblr fanfic. Tim and Batgirl have outshined Dick so far in his own solo. My opinion is that status quo sells for a reason. You can reboot a character or universe without losing the very essence of what made that character great anyway (same villains' new stories, same side cast new way of them meeting, same love interest but new build up to the endgame).

    DC will do another reboot after all of this and it when it happens I personally hope they just re-set continuity and build up from scratch again focusing on world building, character development and rogues gallery with an emphasis on making the original legacy characters solidified in their own world to stand with the OG's not beneath them. But we know DC wont do this so.
    Talk about jumping to conclusions. They are not getting rid of Dick and he is not becoming solely a benefactor. The point of the run so far has been to tell a more personal Dick Grayson story. Some people want to see what he is like out of the costume. Whether you like it or not is an opinion. But there has been nothing hinting at what your saying lol. Do not like the run, thats fine. But it definitely has not be a detriment to the character.

    What Marvel franchise character is getting a better treatment than Dick right now? Iron Heart and Miss Marvel. Comic wise Dick is doing much better. Maybe on the media side but this is strictly because the MCU is farther along and more developed than the DCU. Another factor is both Iron Heart and Ms.Marvel are minorities and the MCU is striving to be more diverse.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 10-26-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •