Page 94 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4044
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think Johns cared. After he exposed Dick's identity to the world in Forever Evil Johns showed no interest in what DC did with Dick's character. He didn't care and the burden of what to do with Dick fell on the Batman editorial after Johns tossed his mess into their lap. At that time I don't think Snyder and the Bat editors wanted to deal with fallout of Dick's identity being exposed to the world. So the original plan was to have Dick wear a blonde wig (you see that in the Batman Eternal Thanksgiving promo), pretend to be dead, and run around in this different Nightwing costume with Tynion writing the Nightwing book as we see in the new images. The original Bleedingcool leak was that Tynion was going to write the Nightwing series, and they even had that funeral issue completely drawn before scrapping the concept for the Grayson pitch, so the Batman editors switched plans really late into the process. They had that messy Nightwing #30 by King and Seely to try and act as a bridge to the Grayson series that had 3 different stories in it.

I still think the main reason for going with the Grayson idea was because Snyder and the Bat editors didn't want to deal with the fallout of Dick's identity being exposed to the world. Realistically this event should have had BIG impact on the Batman mythos, especially if Dick was still in Gotham as Nightwing, but dealing with it properly conflicted with what Snyder and the Bat editors wanted to do with the ongoing Batman story. They didn't want to change plans and include this major plot all of a sudden. So their solution was to remove Dick from the Nightwing identity and move him across the ocean where they could ignore the exposed identity thing. Which worked as the identity thing really had zero effect on anything and "Dick's death" became the bigger issue to overwrite the exposed identity problem. To this day it made no sense for Dick to lie to and pretend to be dead to the Batman family because in the end Dick's identity being exposed lead to nothing. No fallout with intense media pressure and no villains using the information to get to the Batman family. Nothing happened. Which tells me that no one in the Batman office wanted to deal with it.

Also speaking of Tynion in some interview before all this he talked about how he didn't think Dick worked as a solo character. So I remember me and others being upset he was the one rumored to be writing Nightwing's solo after Forever Evil when he said he didn't think the character worked as a solo character. But in the end we dodged a big bullet with that series and got the Grayson one instead.
    It wasn't so much that Johns didn't care what happened to Dick as he cared quite a bit. There was a lot of talk and rumor around that time, Didio's edict for FE was to kill Dick. John's again inteceeded on The character's behalf and won that battle.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It wasn't so much that Johns didn't care what happened to Dick as he cared quite a bit. There was a lot of talk and rumor around that time, Didio's edict for FE was to kill Dick. John's again inteceeded on The character's behalf and won that battle.
    I don't remember anything about killing Dick in Forever Evil and I followed all the information around it pretty closely I feel like. Johns wanted to expose Dick's identity to the world as the BIG shocking moment to set up the Forever Evil event and then spent the rest of the story doing nothing with the character outside of having him chained to a chair. I don't think Johns cared at all about Dick's character in the story and it was all meant to serve as motivation for Bruce, and once Forever Evil was over Johns discarded Dick's storyline and tossed it back to the Batman office to deal with.

I'm no fan of Didio, but he apparently was one of the ones that helped come up with the spy pitch to write out Dick's character from the Batman books I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Tom King wrote something like that but it was clearly a joke. [that tec issue where Damian says something about Dick is the 13th best detective in the family or something stupid like that]
    Well it is Damian, I think it is very in character for him to say something like that.

As for Johns caring about Dick, we hear that a lot, but somehow he had done very little with him over the years when you compare it to other characters he cares about.

Extraordinary Member

After calming down three weeks later from the starfire/Grayson page
    Here we are
    15775B3C-8026-4902-90E6-441CD4BC3B1E.jpg

I actually think Johns recognized Dick needed his current world blew up. He had more ideas for Dick and Owlman in FE, but never got to really fleshing out those ideas. But nonetheless what the Bat office was doing, and apparently was going to do, was a whole lot of nothing. They were just spinning their wheels. Sweeping things under the rug was pretty much the entire philosophy with Dick’s after the New 52. So of course that’s what they wanted to do after FE. That’s all they did prior to it. Luckily they accidentally double booked themselves into something cool.

#80 preview
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Bruno_Red...95389081325571

So him being a cop is back in.

That is such a bad look.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    #80 preview
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Bruno_Red...95389081325571

So him being a cop is back in.
    was it ever out?

Is Babs going to get along with Bludhaven PD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    was it ever out?
    Well, Rebirth-wise because he came to Bludhaven for the first time within that continuity, but I guess that's altered now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Babs going to get along with Bludhaven PD?

Well, Rebirth-wise because he came to Bludhaven for the first time within that continuity, but I guess that's altered now.
    I thought everything is cannon post death metal
    and with Lian making him almost 30 he has the timeline space for it

Cover for issue 83
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Even if she hides her voice, her speech patterns would give it away.

What cracks me up is that she doesn't even try to hide her contempt; "Bitch, go back to your planet and stay there!". I guess this is Babs achillies heel; she's a control freak who can be possessive and manipulative. There is a reason she became Batgirl and not Robin-Girl. Bruce and Babs are more similar than they like to believe (this is not a tactic approval of Bruce/Babs).
    Bruce said that not her, and its one his worst moments in the history of batman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cover for issue 83
    The covers for Taylor's run have been spectacular. Every single one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That is such a bad look.
    To be fair, what Dick says in response to the cops asking about leaving the BPD is spoilers:
    that there were "too many criminals", which to me sounds a lot like Dick taking a jab at the actual police force instead of Bludhaven.
    end of spoilers If that means Dick's going to have an interesting relationship with the BPD as Dick Grayson (and not just as Nightwing), that's good news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    To be fair, what Dick says in response to the cops asking about leaving the BPD is spoilers:
    that there were "too many criminals", which to me sounds a lot like Dick taking a jab at the actual police force instead of Bludhaven.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed.

I would love to see Amy Rohrbach come back. I really liked her character.

Whatever happened to Sonia Zucco?
    Last edited by Twice-named; 05-15-2021 at 01:59 PM.