Page 12 of 270 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

My favorite moments of them.
    Every time i look at that hug i can't not think that Damian looks like Scott Snyder.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Interesting that Damian is getting his own comic but still keeping the name Robin. Any ideas for a new name ?

I'm liking What they have planned for Nightwing. I hope maybe one day they will take him more seriously
    I think he's certainly in a better spot now than he has been since early Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...66519501176832

Looks like my favorite dynamic duo might be getting together again soon :-)
    Doesn't look like there is anything planned for it. So I don't think people should go in expecting anything. Tomasi said during his Detective run he had Nightwing plans at the start then nothing really came of it. Sure, it sucks to see how irrelevant Dick and Damian's relationship is these days, but it does feel clear that DC doesn't really want to push the two together anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Every time i look at that hug i can't not think that Damian looks like Scott Snyder.
    The last scene they have together before the fight with Heretic always makes me emotional.

I'm still a sucker for this bit from Nightwing Rebirth.

**Edit, can't get the pic to post but it's the heart-to-heart they have after rescuing Shawn. You can use your imaginations **
    Last edited by Wingin' It; 01-14-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Doesn't look like there is anything planned for it. So I don't think people should go in expecting anything. Tomasi said during his Detective run he had Nightwing plans at the start then nothing really came of it. Sure, it sucks to see how irrelevant Dick and Damian's relationship is these days, but it does feel clear that DC doesn't really want to push the two together anymore.
    Nothing really came of it cause Dick was stuck was Ric for two years.

Spectacular Member

Right, it's a totally different landscape than it was a couple years ago. It's not confirmation, sure, but Tom and Joshua definitely know what fans want to see.

I think Tomasi said that after Dick was already stuck as Ric. I remember fans being happy that maybe it would lead to Dick going back to Nightwing, but obviously it never happened.

Spectacular Member

I think Tomasi said that after Dick was already stuck as Ric. I remember fans being happy that maybe it would lead to Dick going back to Nightwing, but obviously it never happened.
    Idk, it would just be weird for both writers to be teasing it on Twitter and then for nothing to come of it. Either they already have something in the works or they're gauging fan reaction.

Extraordinary Member

Let me hope man

That last bit shouldn't be as right as it is. Now I can't unsee it. Rip.
    Such good moments between the two.

I mean, anything could happen now that the bat writers are talking to each other more often than before, but I get where you are coming from. Before Ric Damian appeared in quite a lot of Nightwing Rebirth Issues (he was heavily featured by Seeley and the one-shot guest writers), but Nightwing is the only title that has made an effort to show them together in recent years.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Dick making Damian likable only proves how awesome he is.

I'm just guessing here, but given what we know, I feel like Tomasi mentioning Nightwing went nowhere because the Ric direction was extended for Joker War.

As for a Titans book, Teen Titans Academy is always one of the many ideas I've had over the years so it's still pretty surreal to think it's happening. Here's hoping it does the concept well, because the first FS issue was good enough to give me faith in the creative team.

I hope so too. To be honest Damian is at his best with Jon and Dick. Damian has grown at lot more with Nightwing than his own father or mother. It makes you wonder if he should have been a Nightwing supporting character

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope so too. To be honest Damian is at his best with Jon and Dick. Damian has grown at lot more with Nightwing than his own father or mother. It makes you wonder if he should have been a Nightwing supporting character

Well, Damian's personality was developed partly to foil Dick. They work well together by design. That, and he wasn't originally intended to outlive their partnership by very long.

Actually Damian's personality was developed to parody Bruce. Who Dick was developed to foil. Damian wasn't originally planned to outlive Son of Batman. He wasn't designed for Dick, or Robin for that matter. Its something they just kind of fell into.