Page 19 of 270 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Don't mind if they bring it to the comics, since I prefer original city than real world, since you can do whatever you want with it, but it will be a Titans city, not Nightwing
    No I agree we should keep the Titans where they are. I'm just saying I like the idea That There is a Titans West, Titans East and maybe Jump City could be something of a Hall of Justice where they all come together. Or it could just be Titans Midwest

You guys think we will ever get that Nightwing animated series they would have done but cancelled
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-22-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Capullo's Endgame spread pencil
    EsXpS2iW4AI_HH2.jpg
    The fact that I post it here maybe a spoiler

Capullo's Endgame spread pencil
    EsXpS2iW4AI_HH2.jpg
    The fact that I post it here maybe a spoiler
    Do you have a link to see it bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Do you have a link to see it bigger?
    Yeah on Capullo's tweet

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

You guys think we will ever get that Nightwing animated series they would have done but cancelled
    No because nightwing doesn't have his own verse or niche. So there's nothing to push besides dick himself, so they would just put him in batman or titans.

There's no Nightverse like the Wonderverse or Flashverse ect. And there's no cool niche in the dcu that nightwing plays in like John Constantine magic or green lantern cosmic.

Nightwing needs more of his own verse and/or niche to sell him other than I'm Dick Grayson in a costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    No because nightwing doesn't have his own verse or niche. So there's nothing to push besides dick himself, so they would just put him in batman or titans.

There's no Nightverse like the Wonderverse or Flashverse ect. And there's no cool niche in the dcu that nightwing plays in like John Constantine magic or green lantern cosmic.

Nightwing needs more of his own verse and/or niche to sell him other than I'm Dick Grayson in a costume.
    I thought the spy angle was perfect. I was untapped potential and actually fit given his skill set. All they needed to do was put him back in the costume and continue with that universe. Done fans cried about it and they reverse course completely. Sad because it had tons of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I thought the spy angle was perfect. I was untapped potential and actually fit given his skill set. All they needed to do was put him back in the costume and continue with that universe. Done fans cried about it and they reverse course completely. Sad because it had tons of potential.
    Tell me about it! Dick in that niche and corner was gold and all it needed was the nightwing id then it'd have been perfect for dick. One of my biggest fears is that another bat character gets that niche and corner and dick is left in the dust.

Taylor talking about nightwing becoming an A lister. Not as batmans subordinate he won't.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-23-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Agreed. Agent Nightwing would be great.
    Taylor could hypothetically use his Revolutionaries to bring that angle back. With all of the spy organisations under Bendis' thumb and Midnighter a part of the Superman editorial, I sadly don't see the Grayson characters return to Dick's orbit.

So let's talk about Agent Nightwing in details. I may miss the first few times we talk about this so I wanna do it again. What kind of agency?
    Government?
    Private?
    Self-employed/Freelance?

Spectacular Member

So let's talk about Agent Nightwing in details. I may miss the first few times we talk about this so I wanna do it again. What kind of agency?
    Government?
    Private?
    Self-employed/Freelance?
    The last option is the only one that makes sense to me.

Next, what is the agent-ing about?

Spyral's concept is we're protecting the secrets that protect the world
    Outsiders are taking care of jobs too dark for the Justice League
    Suicide Squad is disposable criminals doing the government's dirty job

Government?
    Private?
    Self-employed/Freelance?
    Agent nightwing has tons of potential.

1) nightwing can have his own small strike team with charaters like Huntress, Midnighter, Tiger, silencer, nemesis etc to pick form. They go after the global court of owls.

2) nightwing could go on one man covert ops league missions. Someone what's steal a artifact to break into themyscira? Send nightwing.

3) nightwing and taila? Friend or foe duo? Against leviathan.

4) Shut down global meta human trafficking.

5) Nightwing meets mission impossible with the new checkmate?

Agent nightwing is batman+ not batman lite. The global batman! I really recommend if you haven't seen the first half of YJ.Outsiders go see how nightwing is used as far as missions go. Or imagine grayson but dick as nightwing and spyral as the JL or nightwing own covert team.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I sadly don't see the Grayson characters return to Dick's orbit.
    Some of them probably could. Other than the occasional cameo or minor appearance I don't think anyone is doing much with Tiger or Huntress, and I don't think Webb-Kane has shown up at all? And there's the skull girls, who haven't appeared either. I mean, none of them are pulling readers like Midnighter would, but I don't think everyone from Grayson is off limits?

But if you're looking to use a familiar face or two, there's an army of Titans who're in limbo and, with a little adjusting, would fit a "secret agent" narrative. There's un-related characters everyone's forgotten about like Iron Munroe or Sarge Steel, who need a home and have a fitting background. There's members of Batman Inc that aren't doing much at all, and they'd obviously transition into a spy story easily. Hell there's likely an extra Bat sidekick floating around that Dick could borrow for a couple years. What's Bette up to these days?

Bendis *had* control all the spy stuff but does that even apply anymore? Is that Leviathan sequel still happening? And even if Bendis is still gonna tackle and re-define this corner of DC (I hope he does, I think he'll introduce a solid foundation for it) that doesn't mean Taylor (or whoever writes Nightwing into this hypothetical situation) can't do mission impossible/007/secret agent stuff too. Dick doesn't have to be tied to those other groups in order to delve into the spy genre.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Considering Bette's codename is Flamebird, it's surprising that she hasn't already been paired up with Dick! The Kryptonian Nightwing and Flamebird were a duo in Superman after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The chemistry between Dick Grayson's Batman and Damian Wayne's Robin was perfect. Miss that tandem. I LOVE Batman and Robin #1-16 by Grant Morrison.