Page 206 of 270 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4044

Robin/Batman looks promising, but the problem with other mention stories is that they are not really Dick's stories, he just happens to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Right now the "big players" of the younger generation seem to be Jon, Yara and Damian.
    The big players of DC's new generation are Jon, Yara, and Jace. Yara Flor is 21, Jace is in his 20s, and Jon is about to be 18. Damian isn't part of whatever it is they've got going on.

Hey, maybe he can be in Teen Titans Academy. (If he's not already Red X, amirite? Or maybe there's like three of 'em with Clownhunter.) Hey, is Dick a Red X too?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    The big players of DC's new generation are Jon, Yara, and Jace. Yara Flor is 21, Jace is in his 20s, and Jon is about to be 18. Damian isn't part of whatever it is they've got going on.

Hey, maybe he can be in Teen Titans Academy. (If he's not already Red X, amirite? Or maybe there's like three of 'em with Clownhunter.) Hey, is Dick a Red X too?
    Not in the comics but in the 2003 Show he is. Surprised they never had it cannon that he was.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-17-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Under the Red Hood for Jason is a great example of what I'm talking about. It is a standalone story that checks all those boxes. It is a standalone story that is easy to sell to the public, it involves Batman and the Joker who is the biggest villain in all of comics and clearly establishes Jason's relationship with both, and as a bonus it is an origin story. It just functions really well at introducing people to Jason as Red Hood and because of this it has elevated Jason's character really far and shows the importance of these kind of stories. Nightwing just doesn't have anything like this. If creators could solve this then I think we will see Nightwing take that next jump.
    Under the Red Hood is a Batman story. It’s functions well at establishing Jason as a means to challenge and test Batman within the Batman mythos. Nightwing isn’t going to have a Batman story like that as that not really the objective with Nightwing. That’s why you see them trying to make settings like Bludhaven work and create him his own rogue gallery. So he can have stand alone stories and content.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-17-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Right now in the DCU Jon plays a role as the main superman of earth, Yara will play a part in the Amazon event, and Damian will cross paths with Deathstroke, Batman and Williamson teased that he'll do more and is connected to many events. Jace right now is in Gotham, dealing with the magistrate aftereffects.
    He may become a significant character in the DCU in the future, but currently he isn't appearing in any book but his own, and isn't interacting with any of the DC characters.
    It could all change, of course, but right now he isn't one of the main characters that affect the DCU.

Right now in the DCU Jon plays a role as the main superman of earth, Yara will play a part in the Amazon event, and Damian will cross paths with Deathstroke, Batman and Williamson teased that he'll do more and is connected to many events. Jace right now is in Gotham, dealing with the magistrate aftereffects.
    He may become a significant character in the DCU in the future, but currently he isn't appearing in any book but his own, and isn't interacting with any of the DC characters.
    It could all change, of course, but right now he isn't one of the main characters that affect the DCU.
    It's weird since in Future State he is Batman and none of the Batfam knew him. So the fact he is in a Batman book I would like to see why is he better to be Batman than Damian or let's say Damian or Terry when future state happens. I wonder if they will even stay after the next reboot since Dc has done that before and they don't stay or at least this version.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It's weird since in Future State he is Batman and none of the Batfam knew him. So the fact he is in a Batman book I would like to see why is he better to be Batman than Damian or let's say Damian or Terry when future state happens. I wonder if they will even stay after the next reboot since Dc has done that before and they don't stay or at least this version.
    We already know that future state won't happen. The magistrate, the police state, it all ends in the main bat-books and the aftermath is just mentioned in Jace's book.
    The main Batman book is following Bruce abroad, Tec is dealing with the batfamily at least in the shadow of the bat event, and Jace is in his own book. I wonder if they'll use the shadow of the bat event to introduce him to the batfamily or if they'd just keep them as separate as possible.

We already know that future state won't happen. The magistrate, the police state, it all ends in the main bat-books and the aftermath is just mentioned in Jace's book.
    The main Batman book is following Bruce abroad, Tec is dealing with the batfamily at least in the shadow of the bat event, and Jace is in his own book. I wonder if they'll use the shadow of the bat event to introduce him to the batfamily or if they'd just keep them as separate as possible.
    No, Jace is dealing with Fear State as it's happening. He's just going after Seer while the rest of the Bat-Family is mostly focused on Scarecrow. He's involved with the event just like Yara Flor is involved with Trial of the Amazons. He's on the cover of Fear State: Omega.

Damian is involved with Deathstroke and Batman to an extent, but he's still not part of the "Trinity" that DC is pushing. Like, for instance, if they make the Justice League book with Jon and Yara, it'll be the Next Batman in there, not Dami.

I would like to see Dick and Jace's dynamic from Future State: Nightwing return, though. Depends on if he's in Shadows of the Bat, that seems like a big thing for Dick. We've still got like, what? 8 weeks of storytelling from that event we don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Not in the comics but in the 2003 Show he is. Surprised they never had it cannon that he was.
    Dick is Red X in the comics too.
    Teen Titans Academy is all about the New Red X, who is the fourth one. Dick was the first Red X and then three other dudes wore the mask.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Dick as Red X deserves a flashback. Ah, to see him beating up Beast Brat!

Dick as Red X deserves a flashback. Ah, to see him beating up Beast Brat!
    I hope we can actually see his flashback as Red X, but that book is all over the place, i have no idea of what is going to happen.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The current run ends at issue 12, so who knows? Still, seeing Red X kick in Wally's smug New Teen Titans face would've been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Under the Red Hood is a Batman story. It’s functions well at establishing Jason as a means to challenge and test Batman within the Batman mythos. Nightwing isn’t going to have a Batman story like that as that not really the objective with Nightwing. That’s why you see them trying to make settings like Bludhaven work and create him his own rogue gallery. So he can have stand alone stories and content.
    And my point was that Bludhaven and his rogues will never matter beyond what they are currently. They aren't suddenly going to elevate the character after 25 years of trying. He needs more stories with already established top end villains that can be repackaged to a wider audience. That is what will elevate the character. Under the Red Hood was just an example, but there is no Nightwing story against an A list villain that tells a nice story that you can point to and say "read this" to someone interested in the character. All we have are these long runs where the quality is all over the place with no stories that really stand out. These stories will never be possible in Bludhaven because there is no top end villain in the setting.

Incredible Member

No, Jace is dealing with Fear State as it's happening. He's just going after Seer while the rest of the Bat-Family is mostly focused on Scarecrow. He's involved with the event just like Yara Flor is involved with Trial of the Amazons. He's on the cover of Fear State: Omega.

Damian is involved with Deathstroke and Batman to an extent, but he's still not part of the "Trinity" that DC is pushing. Like, for instance, if they make the Justice League book with Jon and Yara, it'll be the Next Batman in there, not Dami.

I would like to see Dick and Jace's dynamic from Future State: Nightwing return, though. Depends on if he's in Shadows of the Bat, that seems like a big thing for Dick. We've still got like, what? 8 weeks of storytelling from that event we don't know about.
    Future state won't happen. That is known by now. In fear state is Jace is defenetly part of the ongoing event, but he's completely separated from the other books and characters, and Seer is pushed as an Oracle villain. Characters from task force Z are also on the cover of fear state omega, so I don't think it's very indicative.

We don't really know how and if DC plan to push the future state generation. Andy is still a baby, Jace and Yara are highly inexperienced, and Jon is young. Jace could become one of DC's big players, or he could just fade, we don't really know for sure. All I'm saying is that Damian is currently more prominent in the general DCU, and that it looks like he'll become even more so in the near future.

Dick and Jace's dynamic was fun, but overall the future state event had more holes than a real plot and the books didn't work together at all. I hope the shadow of the bat event would define how each of the Gotham players are going to work and interact together. Right now from the covers it looks like Nightwing is going to work with Batwoman, Huntress, the batgirls and maybe Harley. As far as I can remember, Tim wasn't mentioned yet. Did he appear on any ot the covers?

Future state won't happen. That is known by now. In fear state is Jace is defenetly part of the ongoing event, but he's completely separated from the other books and characters, and Seer is pushed as an Oracle villain. Characters from task force Z are also on the cover of fear state omega, so I don't think it's very indicative.

We don't really know how and if DC plan to push the future state generation. Andy is still a baby, Jace and Yara are highly inexperienced, and Jon is young. Jace could become one of DC's big players, or he could just fade, we don't really know for sure. All I'm saying is that Damian is currently more prominent in the general DCU, and that it looks like he'll become even more so in the near future.

Dick and Jace's dynamic was fun, but overall the future state event had more holes than a real plot and the books didn't work together at all. I hope the shadow of the bat event would define how each of the Gotham players are going to work and interact together. Right now from the covers it looks like Nightwing is going to work with Batwoman, Huntress, the batgirls and maybe Harley. As far as I can remember, Tim wasn't mentioned yet. Did he appear on any ot the covers?
    Oh, yeah, sure. Damian is appearing more, as he doesn't need to be set up. He's just not part of the new generation being pushed is my point. He's not the third link to Jon and Yara.

And I knew Future State was never going to happen. It's still an indicator of where the line is going. You'll see that Justice League eventually, just with Jackson instead of Andy, most likely.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 10-17-2021 at 11:28 AM.