Page 9 of 270 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    If by a while you mean two issues, then yes.
    Teen Titans academy is an ongoing launching in march, or that one is a different book?
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 01-11-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Teen Titans academy is an ongoing launching in march, or that one is a different book?
    Teen Titans Academy isn't going to be dictated by Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Teen Titans Academy isn't going to be dictated by Future State.
    It sounds like it will.

How closely does the team we see in Future State resemble the one we'll see in Titans Academy?

The two series are both one as far as I'm concerned. I wanted to make sure readers got a tease of some of the characters they're going to be meeting in Teen Titans Academy, which is going to feature the older Titans we all know and love as well as the current roster and a few new faces.
    So yeah, let's screw over Dick and Kory in a new continuity.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 01-11-2021 at 09:55 PM.

I don't get why people start complaining even before reading a book.

Future State is a possible future, and that doesn't mean Titans Academy is going to be a dark book. It just means exploring something new, that will probably happen only in Future State.
    I'm going to read it as a alternate future, a kind of Elseworld, and I always loved the interactions between Dick and Slade.
    Looks like, since Joker War, DC is trying to renew their rivalry, and I'm totally on board with this.

Plus, with everything happening around, as we saw in The Flash book, or in Gotham (Teen Titans is two years after Nightwing), i get why things are going dark.

Small Spoiler for Future State Teen Titans (compared to everything else that is).

spoilers:
    So I guess they made it canon/retconned that at some point Dick did become Red X like in the animated series. So the new Red X isn’t even an original idea, it’s someone who is apparently inspired by Dick Grayson’s time as Red X and what it “really stood for”. I’m assuming at some point in Titans Academy we are getting a flashback issue to the Red X story because it probably isn’t exactly like the animated series.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    I don't necessarily agree that Dick and Bruce are polar opposites. I think Dick has a lot of traits that Bruce doesn't, personality-wise, but the workaholic tendencies, the temper, the need to be in control/lean towards manipulation if he thinks the ends justify the means....that's stuff he picked up from Bruce over the years. While he was leading the Titans, it was remarked on quite a lot. And this is supposed to be a darker future anyway; if that's what he picked up from Bruce, who knows what he picked up from Slade? So long as the explanation is well written, I could be down for it. I'm one of the few Nightwing fans who enjoyed the New Order, and its a similar principle.
    Agreed. I really don't like the ultra simplistic angles of characterization the writers at DC and Marvel haved moved towards over the years. I don't really know when the opposite of Bruce thing cropped up but it makes for one boring read and doesn't make the character any less defined by Bruce in the end. Written well I think Dick should have a gradient of characteristics that show where he's been in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Small Spoiler for Future State Teen Titans (compared to everything else that is).

spoilers:
    So I guess they made it canon/retconned that at some point Dick did become Red X like in the animated series. So the new Red X isn’t even an original idea, it’s someone who is apparently inspired by Dick Grayson’s time as Red X and what it “really stood for”. I’m assuming at some point in Titans Academy we are getting a flashback issue to the Red X story because it probably isn’t exactly like the animated series.
    end of spoilers

Cool
    Last edited by The World; 01-12-2021 at 05:14 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

LOL Another persona for Dick in canon now.

Dick Grayson: Robin, Nightwing, The Target, Red X, Batman, Agent 37 Appreciation thread.

See I was honestly sure if they were going to go down the Dick Grayson route, I actually assumed in Canon that the student would just be the first red x as his own identity and only we as the readers would know it’s a bad thing. Now it’s tied up in Dick’s history and the cartoon, which is not too surprising from Tim Sheridan given his line of work.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    LOL Another persona for Dick in canon now.

Dick Grayson: Robin, Nightwing, The Target, Red X, Batman, Agent 37 Appreciation thread.
    You forgot renagade

Does Talon count as well or would that be The Gray Son? :P

Sheridan seems to be excited to write Dick, which is good to hear and see in the actual Issue, but I still have mixed feelings about the new direction.

And speaking about post-FS:
    I wonder if Taylor'll just ignore that Dick dated Sonia Zucco? I didn't like her that much and re-introducing an ex-lover tends to be bad news, but it would be cool to connect runs. Higgins stuff has basically been ignored since he was booted off the book... imo Dick could at least benefit from the Chicago characters.

Redondo also teased a panel (of course it's a booty pic) and I'm surprised by the vibrancy of the colours. I'm so ready for an uplifting Dick Grayson comic.

I actually would like if he referenced Sonya and Dick's relationship from Higgins run. And having a Mayor and a hero working together is better than a Mayor against the hero, which is already something people tend to do so often.

The reason why people are ignore is because. A lot of things in Dc comics have been getting gloom and doom. Even if this isn't a possible future. Dc been just screwing it's self over and over. Rebirth and now frontier. They are just going to keep rebooting themselves. That's the issue. Plus Ric has ended and we want something else. Titans ended and we don't want to see a gloom story a lot. New 52 was gloom and screwed over Wonder Woman and Superman at lot. We don't want gloom for so many characters but they keep given us this. Dc has no idea what they are doing. They are taken ideas from a man who didn't know what he was doing.

Well Future State Nightwing

https://www.cbr.com/dc-future-state-...tman-two-face/
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-12-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The reason why people are ignore is because. A lot of things in Dc comics have been getting gloom and doom. Even if this isn't a possible future. Dc been just screwing it's self over and over. Rebirth and now frontier. They are just going to keep rebooting themselves. That's the issue. Plus Ric has ended and we want something else. Titans ended and we don't want to see a gloom story a lot. New 52 was gloom and screwed over Wonder Woman and Superman at lot. We don't want gloom for so many characters but they keep given us this. Dc has no idea what they are doing. They are taken ideas from a man who didn't know what he was doing.

Well Future State Nightwing

https://www.cbr.com/dc-future-state-...tman-two-face/
    Future State is a holdover from 5G before that was scrapped, IIRC.

I thought Future State Titans was pretty awesome. Obviously a lotta people aren't digging the apocalyptic future thing, but its only two issues. In the meanwhile, I really like that they are keeping Dick's connection to Red X faithful to the comics by making it his former mantle. Really hoping we get to see that when we return to the present.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I thought Future State Titans was pretty awesome. Obviously a lotta people aren't digging the apocalyptic future thing, but its only two issues. In the meanwhile, I really like that they are keeping Dick's connection to Red X faithful to the comics by making it his former mantle. Really hoping we get to see that when we return to the present.
    I really liked it too. I thought Dicks costume looked awesome.