Page 69 of 270 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Taylor confirmed Dick is now much richer than Bruce
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...71824682635264
    To be honest I feel like people already put too much stock in how rich the Batfamily is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I feel like people already put too much stock in how rich the Batfamily is.
    It’s not the family it’s just Bruce
    We have seen dick Jason and Cass all have to slum it from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s not the family it’s just Bruce
    We have seen dick Jason and Cass all have to slum it from time to time
    Still, though, I don't think it's something people need to overthink that much.

I hope we see something big happen with the money. Something outstandingly positive. Dick simply investing it would be no different from what Bruce has been doing.

Why do see pairing as chains? that a bleak look on relationships. Considering Titans academy is going on simultaneously he will be fine
    I think some see being paired with another Batfam member makes it more likely for Dick to become a jobber in whatever Batman event is coming up. Pairing him with someone outside makes it more likely that he might not even be present the next time someone wants a pile of battered Robin's to show us how awesome Bruce is. Or at least, that's my guess as to the sentiment.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Why do see pairing as chains? that a bleak look on relationships. Considering Titans academy is going on simultaneously he will be fine
    The problem is not a relationship, the problem it's a relationship with Barbara. As right now this is a batman book about Batman sidekicks, Dick doesn't have his own world, he is sharing Batman's. Tylor isn't offering anything else, not even the dog is an original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I hope we see something big happen with the money. Something outstandingly positive. Dick simply investing it would be no different from what Bruce has been doing.
    He is going to lose it, like always.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked what Seeley was initially doing with Bludhaven with Shawn, Svoboda, a more street-level story channeled through Seeley's writing style...etc.

But that's just me.
    I liked it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    The problem is not a relationship, the problem it's a relationship with Barbara. As right now this is a batman book about Batman sidekicks, Dick doesn't have his own world, he is sharing Batman's. Tylor isn't offering anything else, not even the dog is an original idea.
    Right it has more to do with his lack of independence, growth and relevents as a character. What dick needs is his own world and connections in the DCU not more bat or gotham. Guess which one babs brings to the table? Right now nightwing is nothing more than a bat sidekick, nightwing needs to be able to stand on his own just like all the other DC A-lister do if he's go to be one of them.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 04-13-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Random question, since I'm not super familiar with Dick, but: has he ever served on the Justice League, either as Nightwing or Batman?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Random question, since I'm not super familiar with Dick, but: has he ever served on the Justice League, either as Nightwing or Batman?
    Yes he’s has been both pre new 52

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    He's led the Justice League as both Nightwing and Batman, look into The Obsidian Age and Robinson's JLA run.

I thought he would pop up sooner or later since the next arc is about the Court of Owls.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I thought he would pop up sooner or later since the next arc is about the Court of Owls.
    Especially since he was an absolute no-show in the first season. Not even relevant to Jason's story at all.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It's because Nightwing is caught in an eternal tug-of-war between shippers so he literally can't get away from two plots: Batman's shadow and Which Redhead is His Soulmate?

He's been in a holding pattern for over two decades because of those so a lot of us are sour on Barbara or Kori even if we like those relationships.

Overall? I think relationships help heroes more than not, but Nightwing needs to put his love life to rest a little while.