Page 173 of 270 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 4044
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Titans show and the upcoming Gotham Knights game might also be having an impact.
    I honestly think it's a combination of media presence drawing in more fans and Tom Taylor being a higher profile writer. People seem to like his way of storytelling. Plus, the art is as many have mentioned, absolutely a treat.

It's so weird that the first time y'all start to have doubts about the numbers is when the book is selling well.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's so weird that the first time y'all start to have doubts about the numbers is when the book is selling well.
    We are an optimistic bunch here but I am honestly thrilled to hear it's doing so well.

Cause it’s nonetheless strange and very uncommon to see a book go from low 20s to mid 50s, and then even just defy typical month to month deflation.

But honestly the exact numbers don’t really matter. Just going from the rank and trend it’s positive indication. Which is good, and important after something like Ric. Proving continual viability.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause it’s nonetheless strange and very uncommon to see a book go from low 20s to mid 50s, and then even just defy typical month to month deflation.

But honestly the exact numbers don’t really matter. Just going from the rank and trend it’s positive indication. Which is good, and important after something like Ric. Proving continual viability.
    Maybe, but we saw this book being the one of best seller on Comixology every release. #83 was only behind the new X-Event with Magneto. He outsold 3 other X-men books, a Batman book by Tom King and a Superman book by Grant Morrison. That's a good feat!

I know maybe half of people here don't like Tom Taylor, but he and Redondo are a A list creative team and they make people talk about their work. I don't remember seen a book have this postive mouth to mouth in a while.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Digital is different. That’s direct to consumer, where with print it’s months in advance orders from shops based on what they think they can sell/are comfortable keeping on selves.

Digital is different. That’s direct to consumer, where with print it’s months in advance orders from shops based on what they think they can sell/are comfortable keeping on selves.
    How long in advance? Is there any correlation to the three first issues of the books having sold out?

How long in advance? Is there any correlation to the three first issues of the books having sold out?
    3-4 months. First three issues selling out indicates shops didn’t order enough so DC didn’t produce enough.

3-4 months. First three issues selling out indicates shops didn’t order enough so DC didn’t produce enough.
    I know.

So, by now we must be getting the regular numbers, right? That's why the other issues did not sold out.

Anyways, the book is in a good place right now, that's what matters. Next three months are part of the Bat event, so we should expect a raise in units sold, i think.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

3-4 months means before solicitations for that issue come out (to public). Is it already sent to the stores?

I know writer and artists also already start working 3-4 months in advance, like for example, Aquaman 80th anniversary and The Becoming have been in the works and announced since June, but won't come out until... September?

Spectacular Member

Happy that the numbers are so good. I've been loving the run so far, so hopefully they keep Taylor on writing duties for much longer and don't interfere with his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    3-4 months means before solicitations for that issue come out (to public). Is it already sent to the stores?

I know writer and artists also already start working 3-4 months in advance, like for example, Aquaman 80th anniversary and The Becoming have been in the works and announced since June, but won't come out until... September?
    Shops get a catalogue from the publishers. I’m not sure the exact time of listings but it’s generally 3 or 4 months before shipping. Projects can be announced before they are listed to actually order.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-28-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Incredible Member

Shops get a catalogue from the publishers. I’m not sure the exact time of listings but it’s generally 3 or 4 months before shipping.
    For example, via previews - (https://previewsworld.com/) it's still impossible to order the books announced in the November solicitations. So I assume it's only 2 months in advance.

Grayson was a very good seller on Comixology too. It was a top 5-6 book and beating much higher profile books, but was only selling in the 20Ks or 30Ks on Comichron. Then I also remember Harley Quinn during her peak a number of years ago was selling unexpectedly low on Comixology, like outside the top 10-15, but selling 60-70K on Comichron. So I don't think the numbers always reflect each other perfectly.

I mean it would be great if Nightwing was averaging 54K on its own without some event, I'm not the biggest fan of Taylor's run but I'd never want to see the book fail, but just how Comichron is calculating some of the books, mostly the Batman ones, it felt off to me. Obviously it selling 54K in both June and July is questionable too, since there should be sales attrition month to month on normal issues, but maybe it is just the way Comichron is calculating DC's sales now since they had to change their process. Maybe when they have more data they can follow sales trends better.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Also Tynion's Batman is selling more than what Synder's New 52 Batman run was selling even though the first Vol. of Tynion's Batman run didn't stand out on the 2020 bookscan sales reports. I know Tynion used a lot of Joker in his run, so maybe that propped it up some, but if it was selling this well I would have thought it would be doing noticeably better in trade sales.
    I think that Tynion's run gets higher numbers due to lots of new characters being introduced and speculators picking up those "first appearance of X" issues. And well, no reason to pick up a trade after that. Asides of Joker War I think that I haven't seen any of his trades doing well on Amazon either, while Snyder's stuff and even Morrison's omnibuses pop up from time to time.

Edit: Looked at Amazon's top superhero sellers and in Top 100 nothing from Tynion and lots of Snyder.
    Last edited by HsssH; 08-29-2021 at 12:06 AM.