Page 135 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I would complain more readily about the tie-in being so Babs centric than because it's a crossover tie-in, personally.
    This “Anti-Oracle” (terrible name) sounds so boring and Fear State is so disconnected from Dick that I can’t help but feel like we’re repeating what happened with Higgins run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Holly ****, this page is awesome:

Omigosh she calls everyone. Wally doesn't show up because he's dealing with his own thing in the Annual. Okay. Now this is a shared universe. This is a bit more fair, and makes more sense that Bruce is in full Dad Mode after Dick lost his memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I dunno, I guess I am too cynical where them showing up feels so disingenuous. At least everyone outside Bruce. Since I don't really feel like Dick is very close with any of the Titans anymore. Feels like going through the motions. Like I don't think Dick and Donna have felt close since the New 52 started. Their last true interaction happened in that final Justice League issue where Dick was still Batman. Everything since then has felt so shallow.
    Oh no of course it's fan service, but this is what should've happened a long time ago. Like, the first Bludhaven a long time ago.

About the closeness, we basically skip over everything else and presumably make everything canon again after Death Metal. Since I was waiting for this since the start of Rebirth, this is just a FINALLY moment than having them beholden to just the immediate previous continuity

It's nice to see Dick's Superhero ties and friendships get acknowledged even if it seems a tad...excessive? Even Bruce showed up. Like...Dick can take care of himself. Or are we supposed to see Barbara as overprotective? I dunno.
    Taylor's building up Dick Babs so yeah, as for Bruce, it's what I mentioned above. We've been told that he's been watching Dick during Ric but he only showed up for like a panel on page in the first issue Ric debuted. So this for me is like catching up to that. Actually shows he is protective.

Also, Taylor did a great job creating Honey Badger for Laura (PS: Scout is stupid name for her), i think he can do it again in Nightwing.
    Bad news, Gabby's been killed off.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/16/ma...ew-mutants-20/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I have no idea what is happening in this book, but it doesn't seem permanent.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This “Anti-Oracle” (terrible name) sounds so boring and Fear State is so disconnected from Dick that I can’t help but feel like we’re repeating what happened with Higgins run.
    Anti-Oracle actually seems interesting if only by nature of the fact that it's finally calling out the super-hacker trope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh no of course it's fan service, but this is what should've happened a long time ago. Like, the first Bludhaven a long time ago.

About the closeness, we basically skip over everything else and presumably make everything canon again after Death Metal. Since I was waiting for this since the start of Rebirth, this is just a FINALLY moment than having them beholden to just the immediate previous continuity

Taylor's building up Dick Babs so yeah, as for Bruce, it's what I mentioned above. We've been told that he's been watching Dick during Ric but he only showed up for like a panel on page in the first issue Ric debuted. So this for me is like catching up to that. Actually shows he is protective.
    I get it, it just seems excessive.

Extraordinary Member

Holly ****, this page is awesome:

It’s nice to see Donna in the sky, she doesn’t fly as much nowadays

It’s good to see the titans are read to gang rush anyone after what happened last time, Bruce too
    I would have thought it just be Tim, Mabey Cass and Steph if their Babs new birds

But it’s great, also one of the few times titans step into Bludhaven

Incredible Member

Anti-Oracle actually seems interesting if only by nature of the fact that it's finally calling out the super-hacker trope.

I get it, it just seems excessive.
    While I get why it may seem excessive, I intepreted the scene to speak more towards Dick's character; in the sense that he means so much to these guys etcetera that they would not hesitate to back him up at the drop of a hat.

Am I the only one seeing tension between Barbara and Koriand'r here ? She's calling Donna by her name but Kory by her hero name of Starfire.

I think bunch of heroes starting some "extraction protocol" whenever one them gets captured makes perfect sense. Problem is that there is no consistency, I'm sure that next time when Dick will actually be in trouble then nobody will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Am I the only one seeing tension between Barbara and Koriand'r here ? She's calling Donna by her name but Kory by her hero name of Starfire.
    Same here, but I think we might be reading more into this than Taylor intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Donna is going by Donna Troy instead of a secret identity, so I think that is the reason even if tension between Kory and Babs would be nothing new.

Ya, I think that’s more about not knowing if Donna has a code name.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    While I get why it may seem excessive, I intepreted the scene to speak more towards Dick's character; in the sense that he means so much to these guys etcetera that they would not hesitate to back him up at the drop of a hat.
    I don’t expect that level of fire power to react every time the guy’s in trouble but I can totally buy everybody being a little trigger happy when it comes to Dick right now.

Incredible statue!

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's not the story we deserve, but it's the fan service we need right now.

I'm entirely satisfied with that page. Fan service is *exactly* what I want after Ric (up to a point). Is it over the top and unnecessary? Yes, and I love it. After the last several years, what I want most right now out of Nightwing are some scenes where A) Nightwing is shown to be stupidly, amazingly badass and B) scenes where Dick's ties, connections, and relationships across the entire DCU are highlighted and we're shown that this guy is still one of the biggest names in the hero community, capable of bringing everyone together.

Only thing that would've made that page better is Clark being there.

Now, if we can get those Titans and Supers and other non-Gotham heroes to show up in the book more often, especially Wally and Donna? I'd start buying two issues each month. Well, probably not that upcoming Fear State tie-in, I might skip those entirely, but regular issues? Hell yeah; I'd support a Nightwing book that doesn't limit itself to Bat-lite so hard it'd make my wife jealous!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think bunch of heroes starting some "extraction protocol" whenever one them gets captured makes perfect sense. Problem is that there is no consistency, I'm sure that next time when Dick will actually be in trouble then nobody will be available.
    That's my main issue with it. This fast response time is probably going to be completely forgotten about when the story needs Dick to get out of a dangerous situation on his own, so it seems like the kind of fanservice that doesn't hold up as well when you think about it too much.

I'd rather get a scene of Dick hanging around and talking with people in Titans Tower. He doesn't even get to talk to any of them here since they all fly off again, but I know that would take up page space.