Page 192 of 270 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Seems like Nightwing fear state is selling pretty well online, and is currently in 3rd place after X-men and Batman - https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers
    Good to hear. Pissed me off when i saw several blogs asking followers to not buy the issue because it had Babs as batgirl. Claiming that supporting the issue is encouraging ableism.

Nearly made me buy 2 issues just to spite em.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Good to hear. Pissed me off when i saw several blogs asking followers to not buy the issue because it had Babs as batgirl. Claiming that supporting the issue is encouraging ableism.

Nearly made me buy 2 issues just to spite em.
    I didn't know this.

I wonder if they cause a backlash and Babs fans bought more copies, because yesterday Nightwing was ranked a few spots lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I didn't know this.

I wonder if they cause a backlash and Babs fans bought more copies, because yesterday Nightwing was ranked a few spots lower.
    Honestly couldn't say. I'm not a Bab's fan. The only batgirl run I followed was Steph's and that was because it had Damian.

Just want to thwart manipulative selfish fans
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-25-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Incredible Member

Honestly couldn't say. I'm not a Bab's fan. The only batgirl run I followed was Steph's and that was because it had Damian.

Just want to thwart manipulative selfish fans
    That's so weird. I guess they are the same fans who also attack Taylor on Twitter.
    I wonder how many of these fans usually buy this series.
    Babs has been Batgirl for a decade now, and they remember to complain about ablism now?

Also, all the batgirls are going to appear in Nightwing 86, so I wonder if those fans would still call to boycott Nightwing 86, or if it would suddenly become ok to buy Nightwing if Cass/Steph appear as Batgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why?

They started production of his movie and attached a director to it before everything went off rails. And that was before HBO Max was a thing.

Just this fact shown that a movie for him is within the realms of possibility.
    Reeves. I think Reeves is going to want to do Dick Robin, and wasn’t the Nightwing movie out on hold specifically because of Reeves? Plus Titans already has a Nightwing and I can’t see them doing another Dick Grayson unconnected to either the Reevesverse or the Titans show.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Reeves. I think Reeves is going to want to do Dick Robin, and wasn’t the Nightwing movie out on hold specifically because of Reeves? Plus Titans already has a Nightwing and I can’t see them doing another Dick Grayson unconnected to either the Reevesverse or the Titans show.
    I hope Reeves wants to use Dick. It's kind of frustrating not knowing where he stands on him yet. I'd like to know if we have a legit shot of getting Robin in a film series again or if we're gonna get another tired "Robin has no place in Batman's world and it would compromise my art!!" stance that Burton, Nolan and Bale had.

Which would be his prerogative, but still...

I believe we will have a Nightwing movie sooner rather than later.
    I don't see Reeves bringing in Robin. I see WB pushing Dick more as Nightwing than Robin.
    I think a Nightwing film is more likely than some of us here believe but I have serious doubts about WB's ability. How many films did they announce that never happened, or have been in development limbo for nearly a decade?

Hell, Nightwing is included in that list.

And of the films WB has managed to get to screen, how many of them have been awful?

Nightwing could happen. Dick's ability to pull in revenue is proven, as is the fact that big budget superhero films can be successful without marquee names like Batman and Superman. But there's a big difference between "potential" and "really happening."

Given WB's record I'd struggle to get excited about a Nightwing film anyway. The best WB can muster up is stuff like Aquaman and Shazam, which were fine, but roughly as good as an "average" Marvel film, and the MCU doesn't exactly churn out Citizen Cane level quality.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That's so weird. I guess they are the same fans who also attack Taylor on Twitter.
    Babs has been Batgirl for a decade now, and they remember to complain about ablism now?

Also, all the batgirls are going to appear in Nightwing 86, so I wonder if those fans would still call to boycott Nightwing 86, or if it would suddenly become ok to buy Nightwing if Cass/Steph appear as Batgirls.
    I seriously doubt those calling for a boycott were ever buying Taylors Nightwing in the 1st place.
    Babs has always been able to walk in the run.

I don't believe having the others as Batgirls will do the trick.
    The post was after Batgirls was announced so live and let live isn't a mantra they favour.

I wouldn't worry about these folks since Nightwing is going strong despite their best efforts

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're not. From what I've read they haven't been buying any since New 52 started and she started walking. Anything that depict Barbara walking they don't buy, and anyone agree to depict her walking whether it's author or editor they consider ableist too for supporting DC's decision to make her walk.

They know there are authors that have quit DC and spoke against decisions they can't stand (for example the female creators who quit because DC keeps Eddie Berganza) so anyone who accepts the job for depicting abled Barbara is considered as ableist as the decision maker.

Which doesn't explain why only Taylor gets harrased

Pfft, they weren’t buying even before she started walking. They’re just trying to weaponize isms.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Pfft, they weren’t buying even before she started walking. They’re just trying to weaponize isms.
    Exactly. I actually prefer Babs in the chair and I think DC made a mistake resetting her status, but those people are out of their damn minds.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Overall it's the same people who will complain about anything. I mean I feel it's the same poeple who don't know anything about the character. Babs is the most popular Batgirl so they generally don't have the others come on in other media. I think they just wanted to complain because they would have to complain other the other shows where she isn't in a wheelchair. I don't mind if she is Batgirl. I just want other Batgirls to also shine

Somehow many of these guys have it in their head they can get others fired and they get people to do with they want. They probably don't know anything about Barbara Gordon besides her being Oracle. I mean if they want her has Oracle there are several things they can watch or read

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why?

They started production of his movie and attached a director to it before everything went off rails. And that was before HBO Max was a thing.

Just this fact shown that a movie for him is within the realms of possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Not a blockbuster film, but a streaming movie that are long pilots episodes to fill the library and everybody forgets the next week, it is possible.
    I mean there is also the possibility of that animated series too. So I hope we get both. A streaming animated movie and series then a movie?

Kinda feel like an animated Nightwing movie might be far off since they’re only just starting a new animated universe. My bet is that unlike the DCAMU which jumped ahead, this new animated universe will actually show us Dick and Bruce meeting for the first time and Dick becoming Robin. Damn there’s actually a lot of potential content coming up that might star Dick as Robin now that I think about it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I have been hearing about ableism complaints since Oracle: The Cure came out which looked like was going to restore Babs as Batgirl but took a U-turn and they soon relaunched the Batgirl title with Steph as Batgirl. The gritty horror inspired Nu52 book that Gail Simone did did not appeal to the readership of the time but the lighter Burnside Batgirl did appeal to younger teen audiences. This is an entirely different demographic from the Millenials who have been reading Babs and Oracle since the 90's and much of the 00's who were left alienated during the Didio era editorial and the Nu52.

I'm guessing that some people were hoping that Didio being fired, the changes in editorial and literally seeing Babs back in the chair would be a sign she was moving back to the Oracle persona permanently and felt DC pulled a fast one by putting her back in the cowl again.

I agree that Tom Taylor doesn't deserve the vitriol. I follow him on FB and he's been nothing but nice and supportive of all who follow his work. It's not his fault, he's just following what editorial dictated. The comments I've seen from people who are mad at him have so far been very immature and childish.