Page 70 of 270 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    He is going to lose it, like always.
    The money is going to Bruce when the next Batman writer decides he wants Bruce to be crazy rich again instead of just rich.

Do you guys think Nightwing can ever get as big as Spiderman in comics? If so what would it take & need. If not than way?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Do you guys think Nightwing can ever get as big as Spiderman in comics? If so what would it take & need. If not than way?
    A super big hit movie trilogy.

Would any one happen to have the list of Nightwing (solo runs) trades, with title names? Eg: love and bullets. I'm in work at the moment and all I could find on my break was a lot more in depth reading orders.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    A super big hit movie trilogy.
    Plus a super big hit Dick focused game or two.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Would any one happen to have the list of Nightwing (solo runs) trades, with title names? Eg: love and bullets. I'm in work at the moment and all I could find on my break was a lot more in depth reading orders.
    The Nightwing Wikipedia page has them listed, under Collected Editions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightw...ected_editions

You're a legend. Thanks very much

Just read Teen Titans Academy #1 and I gotta say, I really enjoyed it.

Not as Nightwing. Probably if he became Batman again or if DC rebooted and he became the only Robin again and then DC really pushed Robin like Ultimate Spider-man. Those are the two paths I can see. That or DC decides to retire Batman for good and have Nightwing lead the Batman franchise, but then it would just make more sense to have Dick be Batman over Nightwing in that situation. So I can't ever see Nightwing in the comics being what Spider-man is. I mean Spider-man is the second biggest character in comics behind Batman probably, and gets entire events every year built around him and his book that branch out into the MCU. Spider-man and Batman are the only two characters that get that sort of treatment as solo characters.

Not even a successful trilogy of movies would change this I think. Aquaman got a billion dollar movie, the highest grossing DC movie of all time, and he doesn't even have a solo book right now and can barely hold down one ongoing title. I just don't think movies like that effect the comics a whole lot where it would jump a character like Nightwing up into the Spider-man or Batman level.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not as Nightwing. Probably if he became Batman again or if DC rebooted and he became the only Robin again and then DC really pushed Robin like Ultimate Spider-man. Those are the two paths I can see. That or DC decides to retire Batman for good and have Nightwing lead the Batman franchise, but then it would just make more sense to have Dick be Batman over Nightwing in that situation. So I can't ever see Nightwing in the comics being what Spider-man is. I mean Spider-man is the second biggest character in comics behind Batman probably, and gets entire events every year built around him and his book that branch out into the MCU. Spider-man and Batman are the only two characters that get that sort of treatment as solo characters.

Not even a successful trilogy of movies would change this I think. Aquaman got a billion dollar movie, the highest grossing DC movie of all time, and he doesn't even have a solo book right now and can barely hold down one ongoing title. I just don't think movies like that effect the comics a whole lot where it would jump a character like Nightwing up into the Spider-man or Batman level.
    Right but why not? Why not as nightwing, what would it take to get there? Is nightwing just forever going to be a midcard character and never a main event character? Than why.

What allows spiderman to work but not nightwing and can't dc replicate that for nightwing.

Right but why not? Why not as nightwing, what would it take to get there? Is nightwing just forever going to be a midcard character and never a main event character? Than why.

What allows spiderman to work but not nightwing and can't dc replicate that for nightwing.
    One big thing is that Spiderman isn't seen as a secondary character to the major star of the comic company. There is no Marvel Batman who Spidey ever sidekicked to, so no one in editorial is going to try to shove him back in that particular box.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I would never want Dick to be Batman. It's kind of why. No I get it he is the firstborn. He is the best and Damian is too young. And yet they already have made characters who can replace Batman. It's like is he the best choice. That and I worry what will become of him has a character. Will they just recreate him like Bruce or still true to him

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    One big thing is that Spiderman isn't seen as a secondary character to the major star of the comic company. There is no Marvel Batman who Spidey ever sidekicked to, so no one in editorial is going to try to shove him back in that particular box.
    So as long as nightwing isn't the head of his own franchise and corner of the dcu he'll never be anything more than he is now!

The batfamily is so bloated right now why won't dc take this time to build nightwing into his own thing. Nightwing could be DC's spiderman. But they have him as just a bat support character.

If DC focused on building nightwing his own franchise his own family his own corner in the greater dcu and push him with there other A-listers nightwing can reach his full potential.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

So as long as nightwing isn't the head of his own franchise and corner of the dcu he'll never be anything more than he is now!

The batfamily is so bloated right now why won't dc take this time to build nightwing into his own thing. Nightwing could be DC's spiderman. But they have him as just a bat support character.

If DC focused on building nightwing his own franchise his own family his own corner in the greater dcu and push him with there other A-listers nightwing can reach his full potential.
    If it was easy to get to Spiderman or Batman level then other comic characters would already be that popular. There's a reason why just those two are in that league . Wonder Woman has her own franchise and cast yet her comics don't sell as well as Nightwing's.

Nightwing is already an A lister even though he doesn't get the push, promo or focused other media material that members of the JL get.

Sure Dc isn't using him to his full potential and rarely treat him with the kind of respect that a character of his calibre deserves [the guy is the face of some of their most profitable franchises/IP's]

I wish DC would invest a lot more in pushing the character in outside media. view him more as a Nightwing independent hero and less as Nightwing: former Robin.

That mindset is why they let writers treat him like Bat support and why there no real motivation to build and maintain a defined and recurring cast for him.

I don't see Nightwing becoming as big as Spiderman. That's almost impossible esp in today's world. Back in the early days of comics there was a chance [given time and dedication sure but not today]

In larger media, Nightwing could easily become a household name ("easy" by the scale of large scale business and entertainment, so pretty damn difficult) . A few good movies, a good video game, cartoon, toy line and t-shirts....if the Guardians of the Galaxy can become a big deal then it should be relatively easy for Dick; he seems to thrive in larger media despite rarely/never being a leading man so imagine the reaction when someone actually puts in some effort?

In comics, it's nearly impossible to elevate a character to any lasting, real degree. A particular run might set the charts on fire, but maintaining that over the long term and breaking the glass ceiling? You need a miracle; so much demand from the audience you practically have no choice in the matter. It's not impossible but come on.

And none of it will equal, much less surpass, Spidey. Parker is, I believe, the most profitable superhero on earth, known around the world. He's been a big gods damn deal for generations, with a steady stream of video games (some of them even good!), movies, cartoons, toys, etc. Give Nightwing a century of insane investment in every imaginable format and he'll only begin to stand equal to Spider-Man. But success isn't measured by out-selling Spider-Man any more than a race car's success is measured by the speed of light.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.