Page 42 of 270 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Those stripes on his calves bug the hell out of me, honestly. There's just no design justification for them; they don't share an aesthetic with anything else on the suit, it doesn't evoke any kind of "bird" or "flight" motif, or anything else I can think of that connects to Dick's character, history, or talents.

I prefer the unbroken black (including mask), myself, with only the blue chevron (with finger strips, of course) or bird emblem. If some blue has to be on the calves, then stick with the angles used for the chevron and bird emblem (same angles), or mimic the finger strips, if those're included too.

And I'm getting kinda hyped for the new issue too....hard to shake off the cynicism of the last few years but it does look like DC is putting some actual, legit effort in.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yea. I hope the writers have the freedom. Because I would love it if Dick can have other characters appear in the comics more. Not just the Batfam. I mean with Wally coming back I hope they have him Guest Star

Originally posted by Drako
    Nightwing (1995) = 4 Issues
    Nightwing (1996) = 153 Issues \ 2 Annuals \ 2 specials (#0,5 and #1.000.000)
    Nightwing (2011) = 30 Issues \ 1 Annuals \ 1 special (#0)
    Nightwing (2016) = 77 Issues \ 3 Annuals

Total until now: 264 issues \ 6 Annuals \ 3 specials.

With we include Grayson as his solo books:

Grayson (2014) = 20 issues \ 3 Annuals \ 1 special (Futures End)

Total: 284 issues \ 9 Annuals \ 4 specials.
    Actually the total is 285 issues. You forgot Nightwing: Alfred's Return (1995) Nightwing_Alfred%27s_Return_Vol_1_1.jpg that led into the first Nightwing mini-series.

I honestly don't mind the blue on Dick's calves. In the original design, they looked more like one small stripe and one big stripe. I prefer them to the streaks because it helped make them seem more like the wings of the bird on his chest wrapping around his body. There is a certain energy to that.

Very controversial in a thread about Nightwing, but I don't want the finger stripes back. Some artists still make them work, but most often they look outdated to me. I'm a fan of the gloves.

That said I wouldn't mind if DC experimented more with Dick's design, especially in out of continuity stories. Just no more clunky chin guards, please.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like the calves stripes. It's just style.
    tumblr_53ece18f4b1a61d6a590342c5f776e52_94c53b25_1280.jpg
    Also, this is hot.
    By the way I like how in Bludhaven that scene is sunny twilight, but because Jimenez is drawing Gotham, he made it night and raining. It's like viewed from Batman's depressed eyelet, or in this case, The Spectre

Astonishing Member

When does the Nightwing issue with the new creative team come out and what number? Brain freeze today. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    When does the Nightwing issue with the new creative team come out and what number? Brain freeze today. Thanks.
    Issue 78, March 16.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

How fated. March 16 will be the date I find out if I still get to keep my house or not (developer in debt, unfinished certification process, long story). I could use the motivation.

Imagine caring so much about a tiny detail on characters costume *shakes head*

I'm really looking forward to #78 and everything in seeing online is ramping my excitement up. I'm really trying to lower my expectations and it's hard. I really hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Issue 78, March 16.
    It's close. I'm ready to jump back into comics again.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Imagine caring so much about a tiny detail on characters costume *shakes head*
    "Caring" might be a strong word. Have an opinion on? Sure. Oh, Avi's got a point about a lot of artists not being able to pull off the finger strips. Kyle Rayner's old crab mask was like that too; some artists just could not figure that thing out, but the ones who did made it work really well.

And Resting, I hope things work out right for you. Best of luck to you and your's!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How fated. March 16 will be the date I find out if I still get to keep my house or not (developer in debt, unfinished certification process, long story). I could use the motivation.
    I’m very sorry to hear that, hope all ends well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wishing you luck, Restingvoice!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Those stripes on his calves bug the hell out of me, honestly. There's just no design justification for them; they don't share an aesthetic with anything else on the suit, it doesn't evoke any kind of "bird" or "flight" motif, or anything else I can think of that connects to Dick's character, history, or talents.

I prefer the unbroken black (including mask), myself, with only the blue chevron (with finger strips, of course) or bird emblem. If some blue has to be on the calves, then stick with the angles used for the chevron and bird emblem (same angles), or mimic the finger strips, if those're included too.

And I'm getting kinda hyped for the new issue too....hard to shake off the cynicism of the last few years but it does look like DC is putting some actual, legit effort in.

Yeah it just looks random and garish. I could accept a blue cross section that indicates the top of his boots but his current design just looks randomly put together with those splashes on his calves.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m very sorry to hear that, hope all ends well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wishing you luck, Restingvoice!
    Thanks. Probably gonna be picking fights with some online trolls for stress relief.

By the way, the Nightwing Freefalling From Orbit story is out apparently. What was the book title again?