Page 113 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I doubt it.

The next writer may choose to ignore her, but i'm sure Taylor will make her a regular during his run in this book.
    When someone fine out the secret identity the way she did so quickly it dies with them…
    So the flying Graysons death is now partially on John? Does that gives raptor a way back into nightwings story?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When someone fine out the secret identity the way she did so quickly it dies with them…
    Like whom?

So the flying Graysons death is now partially on John? Does that gives raptor a way back into nightwings story?
    We should wait until we know the backstory to make this assumptions.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Because you did not like it does not make it sloppily written. Every element was written very intentionally, hence not sloppy. Her history and connections to Blockbuster, Bludhaven, Maroni and Zucco are what make her interesting. Not to mention there is still a ton of mystery. It presents a new challenge for Dick.
    He is writing a incompetent Nightwing intentionally, lovely. It's not Taylor that is sloppy, is Dick.

Well, John isn't an inocent bystandard victim of randon violence anymore, that's for sure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It makes her convoluted to me. It feels so forced when you create a character like this with so many connections out of nowhere to the main character, especially before even making her an interesting character on her own. A character solely propped up by their connections to another character does not mean they are interesting themselves, imo. Sonia in Black Mirror was a much better way to introduce a similar character who was Zucco's daughter. The only thing interesting about her was that she was his daughter, but her run in with Dick felt much more like a random occurrence and it posed a new challenge to Dick in how he would interact with the daughter of his parents' killer while trying to solve a mystery. You actually got to see Dick work as a detective and figure out where Sonia stands. You introduced a new character while also elevating Dick as a character. That's is good writing.

Here with Melinda Dick just gets hit over the head with all her info and fails to uncover anything on his own, and when he attempts to do something he fails horribly. It makes Dick feel somewhat incompetent. It was just too much. Being Dick's sister from his dad, part of the Zucco family, working for Blockbuster, being mayor of Bludhaven, FBI connections, and even knowing Dick is Nightwing before capturing and unmasking him. It's so much. I don't care for these long lost sibling comic stories anyway, and I don't think there is any outcome where I'll care about this sister character in the slightest, but I don't really expect this character to last beyond this run anyway as well. So it feels like a waste messing more with Dick's past/family for a character I feel is unneeded/not worth it. If it turns out to all be a fake-out and she isn't his sister and the twist is done well then I'll praise it, but I don't have any expectations for that.

But here is the thing, we can have different opinions. Outside the amazing art I do not care for this run so far and I am frustrated such amazing art is being used on a story I don't think it is written well and is fairly weak, but you are free to think it is the best Nightwing run of all time. I've gone into detail about the things I personally dislike and explained why I think they are bad, but you can feel the complete opposite. Neither of us are "right" because they are our opinions.
    Okay, what Nightwing runs have you loved?

How Dick Grayson became Batman - Inside Battle of the Cowl with Tony S. Daniel and the DC editors at the time

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-dick-...s-at-the-time/
    Interesting read. Shame they didn't remember or want to say any of the names they were throwing around for Dick's new identity if Tim was going to be the new Nightwing after Bruce returned as Batman. I get their reasoning that it did feel like Dick "leveled up" from B to A level after being Batman for a while, so they didn't feel like he should go back to Nightwing. Makes me curious what the new names and costumes were like.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Interesting read. Shame they didn't remember or want to say any of the names they were throwing around for Dick's new identity if Tim was going to be the new Nightwing after Bruce returned as Batman. I get their reasoning that it did feel like Dick "leveled up" from B to A level after being Batman for a while, so they didn't feel like he should go back to Nightwing. Makes me curious what the new names and costumes were like.
    I'm glad they didn't change his name. Especially now, with him appearing more and more in other medias. We could have the same problem Tim is having now.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    He is writing a incompetent Nightwing intentionally, lovely. It's not Taylor that is sloppy, is Dick.

Well, John isn't an inocent bystandard victim of randon violence anymore, that's for sure.
    Nightwing did not come off as incompetent at all. Successfully saved everyone through quick thinking and had the edge on Heartless, an enhanced. Only lost consciousness due to severe head trauma. Seemed pretty competent to me. When did characters have to be win at everything to be considered good? Who cares, he got knocked out at the end due to having suffered a concussion from a super strength individual after having recently been shot in the head.

John sleeping with another woman does not mean he was any less a victim of murder. If she is older he may not have even been married at the time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Am I the only one who hated Babs shirt? I mean, it's a cute nod for fans reading it but in universe it's kind of ghastly. The poor fella was knocked out cold and came to, to find the woman he loves, wearing a shirt with a picture of his dad slapping the taste out of his mouth. That's messed up
    Maybe stop banging Kory at the Academy.

Incredible Member

At this point are these two stories (Taylor Nightwing/Titans Academy) even really cannon to each other? Feels like two completely different characters. Super weird.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    lolllll.

Also, the slap is pretty much a meme at the moment. I've seen quite a few memes be turned into to Tshirts. It felt more like a shout to the audience then anything to do with Dick.

At this point what's the point of being in lost siblings. It's been done to death and none of them stay long. If anything I hope she is lying to him. Dick already about him. What does this add to him

Extraordinary Member

At this point are these two stories (Taylor Nightwing/Titans Academy) even really cannon to each other? Feels like two completely different characters. Super weird.
    He’s not appearing in titans academy enough for anything to happen with him and kory

Okay, what Nightwing runs have you loved?
    I think Seeley's run was the best probably overall, even if I had some issues with it, but many Nightwing runs are hampered because of Bludhaven which I don't enjoy for reasons I've stated many times before. No one here wants me to repeat it probably, haha. I appreciate Dixon's run because it saved the character from the mess the New Titans series had turned into. It established him as a solo character and probably saved the character from maybe even worse fates. I'll always give credit to Dixon for that. At the time I enjoyed it, but I never felt like it was a run that defined the character. I felt like it told a decent story about putting the character in a new environment, but now basically every Nightwing writer tries to copy it which I find frustrating and has soured me more on Dixon's run than I originally felt, which maybe isn't fair, but my frustration grows more each time someone tries to use Bludhaven too.

I liked Tomasi's run because I always felt like Tomasi had a good feel for the character. It wasn't amazing but still okay, and I also thought Humphries' short run was good. In his one arc I think he did some interesting work. Higgins' run is frustrating. He got screwed over by so many crossovers and by the New 52 being such a mess, so his run never seemed to click. The whole Court of Owls story could have been a great Dick Grayson story, but the story was mostly in service of Bruce in the end (Snyder was the creator so I can't blame it for being Bruce focused of course) and then Higgins' run felt very depressing as it was just making Dick's life constantly miserable, which was apparently what DC wanted from their books at that time. But I always felt bad for Higgins as he is the one Nightwing writer that I think was truly genuine when he said Nightwing/Dick Grayson is his favorite character. Every time another Nightwing creator has said that I have never believed them, but Higgins I think was telling the truth.

The Wolfman and Devin Grayson era were weird and all over the place and I still haven't read everything from then as that era kind of made me fall out of DC comics. It was kind of a mess. Then you have the Jurgens, Percy, and Lobdell era that was a disaster. Maybe if Percy was allowed to tell his full story it might have turned into something, but he had a rough start and then it all imploded with the Ric Grayson stuff. I didn't really enjoy any of it. Overall I think Taylor's current run is probably mid tier but the art is so amazing that it is really carrying the series for me. "Weak" is the best word to describe his story so far as the only parts that I enjoy are the small moments between him and Babs, the lighthearted banter, and the clever ways they are using the escrima sticks. Turning them into all purpose multitools is maybe the only thing from this run that I hopes carries over into future runs, lol.

But I think overall I'm much more of a Dick Grayson fan than a Nightwing fan. So I enjoyed the Grayson series the most out of any of Dick's solo books. It highlights so many of the aspects I liked and allowed the whole world to be his setting. I get that some didn't like that and prefer him anchored to a Bludhaven though. Then you have stories like Black Mirror, Batman & Robin, Robin and Batgirl Year One, the earlier Wolfman and Perez stories especially the Who is Donna Troy one, and some of the classic Dick and Bruce stuff from the 70s and before that I also really love. I said a lot more than you probably asked for, but that is kind of where I stand on most Nightwing runs.

I'm glad they didn't change his name. Especially now, with him appearing more and more in other medias. We could have the same problem Tim is having now.
    Yeah, the Tim situation probably showed that Dick going back to Nightwing was the best move. I just wonder what those other names would have been. Owlman? Something new? No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    To be fair he isn't sleeping with Babs apparently, right? He slept on the couch when she was staying over at his place in Bludhaven. She keeps turning him down outside that whole end of the world situation in Death Metal, lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    At this point what's the point of being in lost siblings. It's been done to death and none of them stay long. If anything I hope she is lying to him. Dick already about him. What does this add to him
    Usually I’d agree as it’s gimmicky, but I feel in this case it actually poses a genuine philosophical challenge to the main character and explores him in a new way. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but so far this seems to have much more thought behind it then Lincoln March and Teresa Parker