Page 14 of 270 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

So are we assuming this Zucco is completely separate from Sonia?

"Alfred's fortune?" He had a secret fortune stashed away in case anybody ever needed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Holy ****, they are already dipping back into the Blockbuster well? How creatively bankrupt is this Nightwing run going to be? This honestly feels like a joke at this point. Just throwing together all the worst elements of Nightwing and retelling the same ****, lol. What an absolute waste.
    It's all in Taylor's execution.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So are we assuming this Zucco is completely separate from Sonia?

"Alfred's fortune?" He had a secret fortune stashed away in case anybody ever needed it?

I didn't notice the Alfred's fortune part. They're still forgetting about Julia, so they possibly forget about Sonia.

Taylor isn't a Morrison or someone I'd trust to really revamp awful ideas into something unique though.

I'm sorry, but this all sounds awful. You have Bludhaven that is a garbage dump, you have more Zucco drama, bringing back Blockbuster who I can't stand and hate when they try to push him as Nightwing archenemy, and of course there will be Barbara relationship drama probably. All of these are some of the worst elements of Nightwing that everyone seems to complain the most about. I guess they won't complain now because Taylor's name is on it? All you need is some Batman inferiority complex thrown in and it is the complete package of awful Nightwing stories, lol.

Honestly, this feels exactly like Rebirth. Where DC basically forced Seeley to do the exact same stuff even if he didn't want to. He had to set his Nightwing run in Bluudhaven and use Blockbuster. Taylor's run feels so uninspired I really don't know what to make of it.

Extraordinary Member

Taylor isn't a Morrison or someone I'd trust to really revamp awful ideas into something unique though.

I'm sorry, but this all sounds awful. You have Bludhaven that is a garbage dump, you have more Zucco drama, bringing back Blockbuster who I can't stand and hate when they try to push him as Nightwing archenemy, and of course there will be Barbara relationship drama probably. All of these are some of the worst elements of Nightwing that everyone seems to complain the most about. I guess they won't complain now because Taylor's name is on it? All you need is some Batman inferiority complex thrown in and it is the complete package of awful Nightwing stories, lol.

Honestly, this feels exactly like Rebirth. Where DC basically forced Seeley to do the exact same stuff even if he didn't want to. He had to set his Nightwing run in Bluudhaven and use Blockbuster. Taylor's run feels so uninspired I really don't know what to make of it.
    Just give it a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I didn't notice the Alfred's fortune part. They're still forgetting about Julia
    How did they manage to forget her, when she's been used on CW's Batwoman?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How did they manage to forget her, when she's been used on CW's Batwoman?
    By not watching the CW's terrible television shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Just give it a chance
    Too much to ask for some, if is not Grayson is trash.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Holy ****, they are already dipping back into the Blockbuster well? How creatively bankrupt is this Nightwing run going to be? This honestly feels like a joke at this point. Just throwing together all the worst elements of Nightwing and retelling the same ****, lol. What an absolute waste.
    Yeah. I guess Taylor is a good thing considering the positive response he gets; what I know of his writing doesn't indicate this will do it for me though. it seems he's good for providing some panels that provide a "Yas queen!" moment that can be posted on Tumblr, but is otherwise just average.

Fucking Blockbuster being back just indicates this will be more of the same: just average. And Nightwing needs more than average.

I mean, Taylor's not Morrison, but I feel like it's worth giving his shot a take before completely writing it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah. I guess Taylor is a good thing considering the positive response he gets; what I know of his writing doesn't indicate this will do it for me though. it seems he's good for providing some panels that provide a "Yas queen!" moment that can be posted on Tumblr, but is otherwise just average.

Fucking Blockbuster being back just indicates this will be more of the same: just average. And Nightwing needs more than average.
    A competent and fun Nightwing who gets wins in doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world.

He did revamp Injustice's terrible story into a pretty darn good comic.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Too much to ask for some, if is not Grayson is trash.
    Yeah, because I didn't hate Bludhaven and Blockbuster before Grayson, lol.

Amazing Member

Doesn't help that being out of Nightwing has been his best moments in recent years with always going back to Nightwing being a massive downgrade in quality regardless of writer so far.

I'm on the give Taylor a chance side. It's all in the execution not the concepts or characters used.

Taylor is a crowd pleaser and that can be good, might just be what fans need right now after Ric. I know I need some fluff to make me smile right now.

Taylor might not be Morrison but he is a decent writer.

Blockbuster can be fun.

Dick inheriting Alfred's fortune is a nice touch he should come after julia [but since Julia isn't a thing it seems] it's fine

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I mean, Taylor's not Morrison, but I feel like it's worth giving his shot a take before completely writing it off.

A competent and fun Nightwing who gets wins in doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world.

It's definitely not compared to what we've recently had, but still seems like same old Batman-lite crap that he's been stuck with since the 2000s.

Future State Nightwing Preview is out: https://twitter.com/wes_greer/status...73435419385859